DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
I'm pissed right now. I'm atheist but Christian people keep telling me that God gave me depression because I'm strong and to make me stronger and understand how wonderful life is. Life is wonderful? Then why do I want to die every single day?? If there is a God what did I do to deserve this life and want to kill myself? And if people are given mental illnesses because they are strong enough to outlive it then why are they killing themselves? If there is a God he should be fair and not just kill off people under him. The idea that our whole lives are planned out for us makes me mad. How could anyone give innocent people pain like this and make them suffer? Obviously life isn't fair but that doesn't mean it should be like this. Please tell me I'm not the one who has had thoughts similar to this

Also I'm so sorry about the long rant that probably makes zero sense!

• Hugs
Reactions: Buffy5120, Moonicide, Final Escape and 5 others
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Don't apologize, I think many people feel the same.
Some religious people can be assholes and try to justify heinous crimes like child rape or (sexual) abuse/assault because the person was a special member of the religiös Organisation.
Their script is not proven to be the universal truth and often times deeply flawed.
It's easy to judge someone who has a mental illness and suicidal thoughts if you can't understand what the person is going through.
Mist religious people cherry pick the parts of the Bible,... They like most.
I think it's the same as with people who think the world is flat.
Try once to tell them the problem of their view, if they don't listen to your points just don't spent the energy on them.
It's sad that you have to live with ignorant people I guess.
But if you worry about them it will just be worse for you and won't change anything but make you miserable.

Reactions: Buffy5120 and DepressedAngel
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
People in social circles are constantly, albeit unwittingly, in a power struggle, influencing others to align with their own perspectives.

Reactions: forever21
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
I'm pissed right now. I'm atheist but Christian people keep telling me that God gave me depression because I'm strong and to make me stronger and understand how wonderful life is. Life is wonderful? Then why do I want to die every single day?? If there is a God what did I do to deserve this life and want to kill myself? And if people are given mental illnesses because they are strong enough to outlive it then why are they killing themselves?
You know what makes zero sense ? What these Christian nuts tell you about depression lol. Religion is often used by cowardly people to embrace their shadow in subtle ways. I'm pretty sure they are telling that shit because at the bottom of their heart , they are sadistic cowardly creatures who are happy to be exempt from both physical and mental illness themselves, are scared shit might happened to them so they hold on to a unhealthy childish coping mechanism ( imaginary friend ) ...that and low key low key put others down to feel better about themselves ( sadistic instincts + Schadenfreude) !

Reactions: Buffy5120, forever21 and DepressedAngel