• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Pretty much everyone is suicidal on this site, so I was wondering...
There are exactly two non-suicidal people here. One is me, the other one is @DarkRange55.

For me, at some point, I just became immune. I started to direct all that frustration outwards rather than at me, I just accepted things wouldn't be as I wanted, and I started to seek suffering. I pretty much just "joined the enemy". I could never get rid of it, so I seeked even more challenge. It made me so resilient. The problems didn't go away, I just "trained myself", so to speak.

Of course, moving out my abusive parents house helped, but when I stopped being suicidal, I still lived there.

@DarkRange55, what makes you enjoy your life?

M

m_h_d

Mar 9, 2024
Having a fulfilling life - I am in an incel relationship with a wife who accused me of having an affair and did everything possible to block me from my one love in life, traveling. If I could afford to get divorced and start over I would: every day I ask myself why I did not walk away years ago. I am an emotional punchbag, happiest when I am commuting to and from work anonymously alone with no-one wanting anything from me.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, under no circumstances would I ever wish for something so evil and undesirable as existence. I'd personally never be able to understand why anyone would want to delay the inevitable especially as there is literally no limit as to how torturous existing can get, I don't see any value in prolonging meaningless and unnecessary suffering just to risk experiencing ending up in a situation of way worse agony.

In general existing is just tiresome to me, simply being conscious and aware is a curse, I see no value in being tormented by this existence for decades just to be tortured by old age and die anyway when there are literally no disadvantages to not existing. For me suicide is self care, I see suicide as suffering prevention and the way to find safety from suffering, no matter what I'd see it as better that this existence peacefully and permanently disappears into nothingness, all I wish for is to be simply unaware, it sounds beautiful to eternally not exist.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
If NHS had just been able to support me with looking after me instead of making unreasonable demands, putting barriers in the middle.making their services inaccessible - I stood a chance. I don't think I trust anyone or the NHS to care anymore. Gone with the wind soon.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
So for me. It wouldn't necessarily change but it would be ongoing. Having enough money resources to: get the autism diagnosis done, move back to Spain, adopt one/two of the birds if not then just visit the sanctuary daily.

Would it change my perception of my future - unlikely. Would I be a bit more content? Most likely.

HOWEVER the odds of that happening are slim to none. Lottery is 1 in 127,000,000. Inheritance would be nothing after tax and getting a lmao "job" that paid enough to do that is pretty much impossible.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Do you feel happy now?
There are exactly two non-suicidal people here. One is me, the other one is @DarkRange55.

For me, at some point, I just became immune. I started to direct all that frustration outwards rather than at me, I just accepted things wouldn't be as I wanted, and I started to seek suffering. I pretty much just "joined the enemy". I could never get rid of it, so I seeked even more challenge. It made me so resilient. The problems didn't go away, I just "trained myself", so to speak.

Of course, moving out my abusive parents house helped, but when I stopped being suicidal, I still lived there.

@DarkRange55, what makes you enjoy your life?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Said it before and I'll say it again, all I'd really need is a woman who I am in love with that also loves me back and for us to be together.

The odds of this are stupidly low though, I calculate them to be about a 1 in 14,000,605 chance. I'm just as likely to lose all my hair during a total eclipse on Arbor Day while listening to the Marine Corps band play Home on the Range and while also watching a badminton match between two guys both named Ichabod.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Hmmm probably nothing short of a miracle.

1. If technology advanced to a point where it became possible to rejuvenate us (make us forever young) since aging is seriously no fun.

2. winning the lottery (100m+ dollars or so)
crisper gene editing is roughly as revolutionary as the Internet, and may prove of equal importance.
Replacing everything should be possible – first would be a mitochondrial replacement that would basically cut most aging processes to a few percent of what they are now, and then massive injections of stem cells coupled by drugs to get rid of senescent cells.
I picture the process of being taking multiple current mitochondria, sequencing them to figure out, and then re-create what the original mitochondria you inherited were like, replicating those new "original" mitochondria, packaging them in tailored stem cells, and letting the stem cells inject them into your cells.
A Similar process would be applied to stem cells; multiple current cells from various organs would be sequenced to re-create your original pluripotent stem cells, probably with a few enhancements such as ramping up repair mechanisms.
In both cases the body would do most of the work of replacement.
That still leaves long-lived cells like neurons to worry about, but at least those would be healthy due to the mitochondrial replacement.

My experience is depending on your lifestyle, $10-$20 million on the high-end should be more than sufficient. Maybe $100 million if you want a private jet.
Yes, most of the time. When bad feelings hit, they come really hard though.
I'm glad to hear you're generally happy. Do you have any strategies for when that happens?
Hmmm probably nothing short of a miracle.

1. If technology advanced to a point where it became possible to rejuvenate us (make us forever young) since aging is seriously no fun.

2. winning the lottery (100m+ dollars or so)
And Nobel Prize winning Princeton researcher Daniel Conman found: money does increase happiness up to a certain point. For every added dollar you make it does increase your happiness but the big bang for your buck is around $75,000 so what that means is getting to at least what I can financial independence.

Unknown21

Unknown21

この世界は残酷だ。
Apr 25, 2023
In fact, I have discovered that I do not actually want to die, but I have to deal with it. 21 years of my life have wasted so far in mental illness, poverty, and not leaving the house.
I think I still have a chance to change things, but I can't. If only I could find a job with a good source of income that would enable me to live a good quality life without having to interact with Shitty people. If only my mental illnesses like depression and autism would go away, it would be so much easier. I'm not asking for much, but life is insist to be stubborn for me.

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
If my health went into remission that would be huge. I am also at a point where I do not trust very easily anymore so that would also help. A relationship would be nice as well,

Reactions: Professor K
TrifoliumsFriend

TrifoliumsFriend

Mar 22, 2024
This is just a long-winded way of saying nothing, but personally, either a dramatic shift in the nature of conscious creatures, or I get lobotomized and completely rationalize to myself that existence is not inherently tragic.

I believe it's impossible for a conscious creature, created as a product of Darwinian evolution, to be truly happy. We will always desire more and more, and return to a state of dissatisfaction once we get what we want. I mean, if a being was completely satisfied eternally, they wouldn't want to do anything, they would not reproduce or fend for themselves and die off. This is why I say all this pointless suffering and dissatisfaction we experience today is a product of evolution. However, if there comes a day where desire that doesn't entail negative feelings can exist, then building towards that utopian future would be my hope. So, instead of being bored and dissatisfied after fulfilling a desire they desperately wanted, people are eternally content but indulge in desires as a pastime. Think of it like reality right now, being hungry without food, temporarily satiated while eating and returning to hunger yet again. My ideal would be never being hungry but people will occasionally eat food for flavour.

The other option is somehow I buy into this eternal pain-desire-satisfaction-boredom loop and view it as a good thing. However, I've yet to see a good argument for this that doesn't ignore or excuse the evil that occurs in society and the natural world every second.

Last edited:
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Something or someone to help me safely process my trauma, on my own terms.

I have two main traumas, SA and the mental health industry.

Sexual assult repeatedly as a child has messed up my perspective of my body, my life, and especially not consciously realizing it has made me feel so lost within myself. I hate my body and I wish to have one was wasn't tainted this way, but we all know that's impossible. The only true escape is to die.

I can't get myself to try therapy again at this moment because of the years of agony. It's a very unique trauma as it actively makes one avoid help which can, in theory, help. I say in theory because I was forced there and basically was pressured to be vulnerable or else, which made me more closed off and less trustworthy of anyone who calls themselves a professional following a script or instructions that should of worked.
It also is difficult to speak up in general because it is seen as the only way to heal and the most discussed method, and refusal to go can be seen as "you don't want to get better", which can make oneself percieved as toxic, unlikeable, and to stay away from. So to not have peers to safely discuss this with outside SaSu and a loss of respect from people around me, it's increased my urge to CTB over the years.

I have hope once day I'll be okay again, but this trauma, the thing likely causing my near daily overwhelms, the thing that makes life unbearable as I have to bottle it up to avoid people saying "go to therapy", it's hell. I want to imagine a life where I'm not this way but I really struggle sometimes. I want to have hope, and I hope that by processing and moving from it, I can be okay. Otherwise, I got my methods, my last resort, should I just be done with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Professor K
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
If my reasons to CTB were fixed. So if all my illnesses were magically cured, if I got a good job I enjoyed, and had a good partner, and actually enjoyed life I'd change my mind. Honestly, even if it's just my illnesses getting cured I'd at least consider not CTBing and putting a lot more effort into recovery, but right now there's no real point to that.

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Some people have time and somehow are able to change course of their life to become happy again

Unfortunately I'm not one of those and ctb is the only thing that awaits me

Reactions: davidtorez
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Nothing as life itself is unappealing to me. It seems like a meaningless game to me. What's the point of entering the capitalist rat race and slaving away if you're going to die in the end anyways? Why work your ass off if you're still going to die? All of your achievements will be in vain

Terry A. Davis

Terry A. Davis

Aug 28, 2023
I meet a woman who is genuinely interested in having a long term relationship with me instead of a one night stand so she can numb herself or straight up not interested, complete anti-immigration policy in the country for anyone who isnt european into my country (and strict amongst europeans), naturally high birthrate amongst native population with a proud and nationalistic attitude, a job that can provide for a family and allow wife to stay at home and look after the place (i would ideally like a stay at home wife), land i can own so i can raise chickens and maybe goats. access to high quality animal products. quiet time to learn and grow my understanding about things.

pipedream i know, but that would be what it would take to make me not this way.