• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

Sivit

Feb 15, 2024
I like the idea of Vegetarianism or eating far less meat better
Veganism is too strict for me, the 2nd last thing I ate were sweets and I don't know how I can go without a lot of them
Add to this that I still live with my family and a decent chunk of the dishes is out of meat because thats what our traditional cuisine serves
Yes, veganism is a lot more ethical than what we have but a strict exclusion of all animal products isn't something for me

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
It's almost impossible to escape moral dilemas in everything we do, from eating meat to burning fuel to eating out of a plastic coated cardboard container.

Veganism aside, if you spend 1,000s of extra dollars on eco friendly, sustainably sourced, biodegradable products while, on your way to work, you ignore another human who is slowly freezing to death, are you truly "morally superior"?

I believe everyone will eventually have to become vegan in order to save the planet, and I think vegans are admirable. At times though, veganism can be expensive for the individual or unfeasible for a less developed society.

Other environmental initiatives, like using renewable energy, can be even more unfeasible for impoverished 3rd world nations when compared to burning readily available coal. When the choice is between cheap coal that will power industry and lift your citizens out of poverty or expensive renewables with technologically limited application, the choice is easy, no matter what well-meaning grievances there may be about it elsewhere.

I support doing everything we can to save the planet, but I would rather humanity destroy it all if doing so could allow for a greater standard of living for its poorest.

Last edited:
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I'm not vegan, but I support people who choose to be. I do try to limit my meat consumption and substitute plant-based products when I can. Animals are capable of suffering, and we have a responsibility to minimize suffering when we can. Farming practices can and should be more ethical and sustainable. But I don't think it's realistic to expect everyone to go 100% vegan. For some people it's too costly, for others it goes against their cultural foods and practices. Also, products like eggs and honey can be collected without harming the animals.

more plants will die if someone eats meat than if they are vegan, because plants are needed to feed the animals, more trees will be cut down to make room for animal agriculture
This is true. Cattle ranching is the leading cause of deforestation in the Amazon.

I support doing everything we can to save the planet, but I would rather humanity destroy it all if doing so could allow for a greater standard of living for its poorest.
The problem is that humanity cannot survive if we destroy the environment. We are a part of the ecosystem, and everything we do to harm it will come back to us. The poorest nations are already the most affected by environmental destruction.

Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Perhaps the people of this forum, who are clearly well-acquainted with suffering, and unpopular opinions for that matter, would more readily extend empathy to those of other species experiencing never-ending nightmarish torture in factory farms and elsewhere?
In a world which would make sense everybody would come to that conclusion naturally. That this is not the case fells like to live in world with 95% bullies. On this issue alone.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Veganism aside, if you spend 1,000s of extra dollars on eco friendly, sustainably sourced, biodegradable products while, on your way to work, you ignore another human who is slowly freezing to death, are you truly "morally superior"?
Yeah, I think we need to stop all this artificial scarcity of food & shelter. There's more than enough empty apartments, hotels & whatnot. Endless construction, buildings touching the sky. But not to house everyone!

Because if everyone had food, shelter, and other preconditions for minimal freedom... they become uncontrollable

With all the propaganda propping up those made-up social credits we call "money"...

I'm vegan, and think we should stop caging & brutalizing animals. Including humans

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Yeah, I think we need to stop all this artificial scarcity of food & shelter. There's more than enough empty apartments, hotels & whatnot. Endless construction, buildings touching the sky. But not to house everyone!

Because if everyone had food, shelter, and other preconditions for minimal freedom... they become uncontrollable

With all the propaganda propping up those made-up social credits we call "money"...

I'm vegan, and think we should stop caging & brutalizing animals. Including humans
@SexyIncél did you see my DMs?

Reactions: SexyIncél
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Each to their own, I have no problem with anybody else's choices on what to or what not to eat, and I expect the same respect to be paid to my decision on what I want to eat, it's only when others try to force their beliefs onto me that I object.
For me If I was meant to not eat meat I would have only molars not canine teeth, when I die insects and bugs will feed on my flesh are they in the wrong for doing this ?

tbo

tbo

Apr 3, 2024
I am vegan, strictly plant based diet. It started back in 2013 when I began meditation, crystal healing, sound therapy etc. to heal my trauma. I didn't consciously decide to go vegan, I just found myself unable to ingest all the delicious junk foods after I had made tons of progress in improving health and raising personal vibrations. All the delicious toxic food just did not resonate with me anymore, one by one they started to fall away. This of course came with a lot of hate from people (especially family/relatives) who felt ashamed and embarrassed with their eating habits. I was just working hard on improving my depression, I was not competing or trying to be holier than thou on anyone. I have learned that being really vegan pisses off a lot of people. I try not to judge those that eat animal flash. I have watched a lot of Documentaries on the brutality humans inflict on helpless animals, including "Earthlings" (very graphic and disturbing), so I just decided to continue on being vegan despite hated by a lot of people.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JezebelDuLioncourt
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023

I agree with you about artificial scarcity, but if we put every homeless person in empty homes, apartments, and hotels, I still do not think we would have enough in the US, and I know there are not enough to house everyone in the world.

At a certain point people would need to shift priorities in order to house everyone. My argument was more about the people who obsess over eco friendly sustainably sourced products that cost like 3x as much. They cost more because they are significantly more expensive to make, and that represents resources not being spent on other priorities. Some people care more about morally lifting themselves up to save the environment over saving other people. Just my opinion though, I agree with your sentiments.

Reactions: Proteus
B

BardBarrie

Student
Mar 17, 2024
I'm a meat-eater.

I acknowledge the environmental and ethical arguments that vegans hold: they're correct.

I know I should change my diet and lifestyle but I just lack the motivation to do so, like so many other improvements I could make in my life.

Hopefully though I'll CTB and then I'll be 100% vegan. :p