physics

physics

Jun 12, 2023
One famous example is Diogenes. Despite of giving up on everything, he lived his life the most because he accepted whatever came to him and did whatever he wanted even if it meant getting exiled.

Reactions: sserafim
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
All past historical figures are either glorified or demonized. This guy could write/say whatever he wants doesn't mean he actually experienced it internally. A lot of us put on a good face in public and are broken on the inside. I've studied Zen, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Taoism, Christianity. The only actualized figures are long gone so can't be verified.

Reactions: physics, bebebeep and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
One famous example is Diogenes. Despite of giving up on everything, he lived his life the most because he accepted whatever came to him and did whatever he wanted even if it meant getting exiled.
I think that self-actualisation makes you contemplate the meaning of life and existence. Once all of your needs are met, you start thinking about the world and why we are here. I think that self-actualisation could contribute to suicidal thoughts and feelings. If you're only after survival, like food, shelter, and water, and your survival needs aren't met, you don't have the capacity to think about the meaning or purpose of life because you're only focused on survival and whatever it takes to survive.

However, I also think that if your survival needs are not met, or if any of the needs in the hierarchy are not met either, you also could contemplate suicide as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: physics