sparkdarkmark

sparkdarkmark

Oct 1, 2023
For me my aspirations were getting good grades and getting into a top university in the US or Europe so I can get out of this shithole country I am born in. Get a job in the US or Europe. Maybe fall in love, date someone. However these are childish aspirations and the cruel indifference of the universe has completely crushed them. I am stupid so there's no hope for me going to a top university abroad. I get so extremely frustrated when I fail or don't do well and scratch my skin till it tears apart. I've completely given up. Just turned 18 a while ago and feel like a complete failure and going to try to ctb for the first time soon.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Unknown21, Oguzok, ren_b and 8 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I want to become a pilot and fly for big airliners.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oguzok, mywayout, ropearoundatree and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
None. I've never really wanted to exist in my case, I'm not meant for existing and I've never seen existence as something desirable. The peace of eternal sleep is all I've ever wished for. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being with the ability to suffer endlessly, to me existing is futile, burdensome and unappealing.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: F@#$, HopeisjustaPoison, ren_b and 7 others
sparkdarkmark

sparkdarkmark

Oct 1, 2023
None. I've never really wanted to exist in my case, I'm not meant for existing and I've never seen existence as something desirable. The peace of eternal sleep is all I've ever wished for. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being with the ability to suffer endlessly, to me existing is futile, burdensome and unappealing.
I'm beginning to think a lot like this now

• Hugs
Reactions: mywayout and tiger b
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i would want to earn 100,000£ a year to live comfortably make at least a million making and programming a indie game that a million people play but my chance as been and gone now been living with a brain injury for 7 years and can't program anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: Kundalini Guy, mywayout, ropearoundatree and 2 others
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Releasing a few poetry books, becoming a professional concert pianist and a tour guide slash historian..

• Hugs
Reactions: figurehead, mywayout, ropearoundatree and 4 others
thefinalcut

thefinalcut

Invisible
Nov 6, 2023
I'd just like to get laid again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mywayout, CloudyNightSky, Leeroy14R and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I never had any life aspirations. Whenever people asked me about my dream career when I was younger, I said that I didn't have any. And I still don't and never will. I got no other life aspirations too as it's pointless to me. In the end, I'd suffer and the only way for me to not suffer is to ctb

• Hugs
Reactions: mywayout, redeyepiranha, ForeverBroken and 1 other person
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I wanted to have friends and maybe a partner.
If it was not already too ambitious I'd like children too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, figurehead, mywayout and 4 others
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I want to become a pilot and fly for big airliners.
I would have the exact same aspirations. I wish it was more affordable at least here in the US it's not.

• Hugs
Reactions: mywayout, ropearoundatree and Kundalini Guy
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
I wish i could marry and live together with my boyfriend, have children, start a tech business together, just be happy. But i don't think any of that ever is gonna happen, my mind wont allow it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, mywayout, ropearoundatree and 4 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Get more money together, move out to SE Asia and just live simply, writing and playing guitar. That's if my body will allow me to without completely falling apart...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kundalini Guy, ropearoundatree, ForeverBroken and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Honestly, I had nothing going for me even before I found this website and begun my research into hanging and then SN. I seriously had no aspirations to become anything in life, be it a lawyer or doctor or architect like some want for themselves. So nothing would've changed if I were not going to ctb. I was helping my older brother with his own pursuits which, to no surprise, didn't end up going anywhere remotely in the direction that was wanted due to circumstances but other than that, It felt like my life was already headed downhill with having lost a few friendships I didn't want to lose, constantly being disappointed and frustrated by life, always coming up short and eventually being left behind as per usual, not to mention the health problems I've got as well as the utter disinterest I have in life with a few minor enjoyments but they just don't make up for it as I wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mywayout, ropearoundatree, ForeverBroken and 1 other person
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
have a family

Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, ropearoundatree, leavingthesoultrap and 1 other person
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Not sure how old everyone else is but I'm in my 50's, so most of my aspirations have come and gone. I fell in love, got married and became a mom. Pretty simple. I did become a registered nurse but my career was cut short due to a car accident. Not sure when I'm going to ctb but I hate being bored, so I'm pursuing my dream of becoming a biochemist. It's slow going and I'm pretty sure no one will hire me since I'll be 60ish when I get my degree but it is what it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, movinout17, Kundalini Guy and 4 others
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Not having any aspirations is one of the reasons I'm so miserable all the time, lol.

But really, if I HAD to answer this, then I would say... maybe becoming a vet? That ain't what I'm pursuing, but yeah.

• Hugs
Reactions: movinout17, ropearoundatree and Alwaysdreaming
P

princejohnny

Oct 31, 2023
I just want a normal life. Friends, romantic partner, decent paying job that I don't hate, maybe a cat. None of these things are even in the realm of possibility for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, mywayout, ropearoundatree and 3 others
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I just wanted to be making it with someone I care about. I guess a long long time ago with a different me, I wanted to be a therapist. I liked helping others. I didn't really care about that as much though, I knew a doctorate program would be ridiculously expensive and Ive always been too poor for something like that.

now I can't see myself ever following that path, bc now I can't see myself ever believing even a portion of the crap they say.

the last two psychs I talked to didn't even give me advice lol, just put me on meds after listening to my story and going "damn..."

• Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, mywayout and ropearoundatree
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Successfully finishing college and fixing my career path. Finding meds that would work for me. Becoming an artist on the side.

Reactions: Kundalini Guy, brainstuckhellp, mywayout and 2 others
Spectre

Spectre

I am serious about not taking things seriously
Nov 27, 2023
For me my aspirations were getting good grades and getting into a top university in the US or Europe so I can get out of this shithole country I am born in. Get a job in the US or Europe. Maybe fall in love, date someone. However these are childish aspirations and the cruel indifference of the universe has completely crushed them. I am stupid so there's no hope for me going to a top university abroad. I get so extremely frustrated when I fail or don't do well and scratch my skin till it tears apart. I've completely given up. Just turned 18 a while ago and feel like a complete failure and going to try to ctb for the first time soon.
I'm thinking it would've been to graduate from a highly ranked university and get a job working at an influential firm or in the government. However I am too incompetent for any of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: ropearoundatree
Alwaysdreaming

Alwaysdreaming

Lost and alone
Jul 6, 2021
I would love to finish college, find a good job, get a small house, and possibly find someone to be with. But it seems that will never happen. I still haven't decided if I am going to ctb yet and honestly don't really want to. I'm just so tired of feeling so insanely depressed, anxious, and alone. I could have accomplished so much more if life had just been a little bit different. I honestly never thought I would make it to the age I am now. I just don't feel like I have the energy anymore to continue.

• Hugs
Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison, King Ashoka, ropearoundatree and 1 other person
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
Don't really know.I guess have a regular wagie job, which is already hard where I'm from

• Hugs
S

stxrdustprincex

Nov 16, 2023
i used to want to get good grades and graduate from college. travel the world and write poetry or travel articles. find someone to love and settle down into a comfortable life of domesticity. grow old with my person. now none of that seems feasible nor do i even really want it anymore.

• Hugs
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Fucking live I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: King Ashoka and ropearoundatree
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
Make movies... but with the technophobe, I am-that never really had any chance of happening! ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Kundalini Guy and deadtrace
deadtrace

deadtrace

Aug 7, 2023
I wanted to do a PhD and get into research somehow into something around quantum information. Failed two masters and got a shit undergrad because of mental health completely destroying everything. So at this point that direction isn't possible anymore. Just in a ridiculous amount of debt and absolutely nothing to show for it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, ropearoundatree and King Ashoka
lostall_hope11

lostall_hope11

let me sleep
Oct 24, 2023
I would have loved to have a family, get married, become a father. Open my own private practice and maybe work from home -- buy a home, have it paid off so my family can live happy and peacefully and not have to worry about money. I want to feel like I've succeeded instead of a constant failure. I know I'll never achieve these things no matter how long I have left in this life or what I do - its just not in the cards for me unfortunately. I like to fantasize that when I ctb I can get this for a bit during my dmt trip at least. it's all ive ever wanted it might sound boring and domestic but all i've ever wanted is love peace and companionship

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, HopeisjustaPoison, movinout17 and 2 others
K

King Ashoka

Nov 19, 2023
My dreams changed with my age-

*Becoming Scientist

*Clearing UPSC IAS exam. Becoming district magistrate.

*Join CBI

*Complete annihilation of all life form.

*now-Just kill myself peacefully.

• Hugs
CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
To distance myself from my family, become an artist and idk make content with it together with my sister. Oh man that sounds like a perfect dream to me

Reactions: Unknown21, ropearoundatree and King Ashoka
D

Desp

Nov 27, 2023
Get married. Buy a house. Have children.

Reactions: HopeisjustaPoison and SoulofSteel