foreverlikethestars

foreverlikethestars

Jun 23, 2020
Half life series , VTMB, S. T. A. L. K. E. R, fallout new vegas, silent hill series, MGS series
good taste
Metal Gear Solid saga
Silent Hill saga
Dark Souls saga
Mass Effect saga
Terraria

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Garbage Person and Deleted member 19276
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"The Elder Scrolls", "Pillars of Eternity", "Fable", "Sonic the Hedgehog", "The Darkest Faerie", "Limbo", "Viking: Battle for Asgard".

• Hugs
Reactions: Garbage Person and Deleted member 19276
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
Oh shit. This was most of what I did in my childhood and during my mid to late 20's, just retired the hobby this year. I'm starting to miss it, but there has to be tens of thousands of hours I won't get back. My list would be all over the place.

My favorite classics are Tetris and Joust. Super Mario Bros 3 is awesome.

My favorite 16 bit titles would be Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Smash TV, SMW, Chrono Trigger, all of the Dragon Quest games are awesome, and though it's not well known, I loved Haunting Starring Polterguy, it was unique and there's still nothing quite like it. Both versions (snes and genesis) of Shadowrun were favorites of mine as well, same with the Beavis and Butt-head games that were completely different. While those cover the game systems of that gen, it was at the tail end of it that I remember using my dad's computer to start playing games. I remember the joy of using ms dos to boot Doom. Holy shit. What a time it was going from those console titles to something like that. Doom will always be a favorite of mine, even earlier this year I was playing newly made wads. System Shock and its sequel were the next pc titles to stand out for me.

Favorite 5th gen titles would be Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Xenogears, Mario 64, and Gran Turismo 2. While not necessarily a favorite, I always thought LSD: Dream Emulator was a bizarre but interesting concept.

Favorite 6th gen titles would be Morrowind, Silent Hill 2-4, Soulcalibur 2, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Katamari Damacy, Fable, Gitaroo Man, Psychonauts, Okami, Chulip, Manhunt, and GTA 3.

7th gen contains my all time favorite title but this gen also murdered a few of my favorite series and started what I see as the downfall for me personally. This gen lead to the always online, dlc infested, fuck huge updates, p2w, loot box garbage that plagues AAA publishers now and killed my desire to keep up, but hey, at least there was huge surge in independent development teams. My all time favorite game is Left 4 Dead, I loved both titles and nothing has ever given me as much fun in a team setting, it was perfect for me. I really enjoyed Oblivion, Fez, Hotline Miami, Bioshock 1 and 2, Dark Souls, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Super Mario Galaxy, GTA4, and the Portal series. This is also where I finally picked up Pokemon. I started with Black 2 and it remains my favorite entry. I immediately got sucked into breeding for IVs, abilities, natures, and egg moves, while perfecting ev training depending on what move set I'd use. Sadly, sword and shield ruined it for me and I don't look back.

I owned an xbox one and switch but I just found myself playing the old games I liked. I can't think of many 8th gen titles that stood out to me. I played a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. The new State of Decay game was okay I guess, as was the enhanced version of Dying Light. I just kind of lost interest. At this point I mostly played indie pc titles like Project Zomboid, Factorio, Space Chem, (I'm just now remembering the Talos Principle and Antichamber), Rimworld, and I'm sure there's others I can't thin of right now. I remember playing a lot of The Sims from 1 to 4 but I mostly just treated it as an architect simulator. Also have a soft spot for point and click games. The Cat Lady and Fran Bow are my favorites as far as modern titles, favorite classic is probably I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. 7th Guest and The 11th Hour were great classic puzzle games. I really enjoyed some rpg maker titles, namely Yume Nikki and all the fan games that followed. I should really stop here. I apologize for this wall of text that no one will read through, and if you made it, thanks. Gaming was always a staple in my life. I couldn't possibly make even a top 5 right now, but I think I can put Left 4 Dead at number one with Pokemon Black 2 coming in a close second. The silent hill series would likely be third, hard to divide them. Yeah, I need to stop.

Reactions: Zappfe lover
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
I've been playing The Sims since the Clinton administration, although honestly I spend more time downloading & managing mods than I do playing these days :eh:

Final Fantasy is my one true love though. Can't stand the more recent ones, but 7 through 12 are the ultimate comfort games for me. They never get old.
Have you tried FFXIV?

Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
Half life series , VTMB, S. T. A. L. K. E. R, fallout new vegas, silent hill series, MGS series
good taste

Totally forgot about VTMB and STALKER. Best VTM game based on its source material by miles, and the STALKER series oozes atmosphere like nothing else. Great games.

Reactions: foreverlikethestars
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
Oh, it will be hard but I try:
Cave Story, Undertale (pls don't judge me), Night In The Woods, To The Moon, Richard Burns Rally, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt series, Cities Skylines, Katawa Shoujo, Doki Doki Literature Club, Spooky's House Of Jumpscares and My Summer Car

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
Ori and the Blind Forest. Cutest game to push your moral up.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Skathon
Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Oh, it will be hard but I try:
Cave Story, Undertale (pls don't judge me), Night In The Woods, To The Moon, Richard Burns Rally, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt series, Cities Skylines, Katawa Shoujo, Doki Doki Literature Club, Spooky's House Of Jumpscares and My Summer Car
If you like vn's, I would recommend reading the sciance adventure series (Steins Gate, Chaos head/Child, Robotics notes...)

TW She/Her
Aug 9, 2020
Life is strange. Cutest game to pull your happiness down

almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
One of my favorite games that is still stuck in my mind is The Outer Worlds. Right now I'm playing Animal crossing, Splatoon 2 and Bioshock tho. I'm really happy I bought bioshock cause it looks super interesting and fun. Games are one of the only things keeping me alive, cause if I died I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them. I guess I'm happy I didn't die earlier? But dunno, it is just games after all. I mean I wouldn't be able to care anyways cause I would have been dead!
Nintendo games lol

nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
Have you tried FFXIV?

Ive tried it out a few times, I just really don't like MMOs I think ;; Really beautiful game with a great community though! Makes me wish I could get into the genre!!

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Ive tried it out a few times, I just really don't like MMOs I think ;; Really beautiful game with a great community though! Makes me wish I could get into the genre!!
The base game just got revamped and the free trial expanded up to Heavensward.

As someone who hated the slog of A Realm Reborn, I can safely say that the expansions are worth the pain. Shadowbringers especiallly is so freacking gooood.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Pokémon as a whole used to be one of my favorites but I think I'm more into Fire Emblem and Smash Ultimate right now. My favorite Fire Emblem game is Awakening but Echoes, Three Houses, even Fates and Warriors are up there for me too. The only other FE game I've played was Shadow Dragon which was the first Fire Emblem game I played all the way back in 2009.

(Fun fact: the first time I can remember actually having clear suicidal thoughts was after finishing this game for the first time. For those unaware, Fire Emblem games usually have permanent death for all characters except for the main character. The first time I beat the game I had let all the characters except the main one die without a second thought since the game supplied generic units anyway if too many die. The weight of my actions only hit me during the credits where they show epilogues for each of the characters. Unfortunately since I had let them all die I had to slowly watch as the game scrolled through screens of "X died in Chapter XX and was forever lost to the pages of history..." which basically told me how empty my victory had been. I wanted to kill myself just for being such a terrible person especially when the main character told someone else in the epilogue that they were most sad about their love interest dying who I remember I had put to her death as soon as I got her. Anyway, because I was actually really trash at the game and still am, I bought an action replay just so I could do a run that saves everyone [even though one person HAS to die in this game for plot reason]. Anyway this is why I'm so glad the newer games let you turn permadeath off now because I take these games way too seriously and I can't handle even characters I hate dying at my hands.)

Last edited:
illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
telltale walking dead games, life is strange. (used to cosplay as rachel amber lmao nerd). now i just spam league of legends and runescape yikes