• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I'm personally following the PPH guidelines which recommend, in general a flow rate of 15/L per minute—depending on your personal rate of breathing (taking into account your pulmonary health)—if assumed to be "normal" a 20cubicfoot tank should last 30 minutes or so.

I'm a smoker, a pretty heavy one these days, but I self-monitored my breaths per minute and fell into the normal range of 12-20 per min.

Heart conditions, pulmonary conditions, etc influence the breathing rate.

What size is your tank? I don't understand what you cited...

M

mathquestions12345

Apr 17, 2018
40 cubic feet which is 1133 Liters.

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I mean flow rates like 20L/Min instead of 15 L/Min. I would be using a large nitrogen tank with 1133 L.
I will say it again: 20lpm is a misnomer, 15lpm is sufficient. You will be wasting gas with higher flow rates. 15lpm has been the standard for the past 15 years and proven itself effective.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
I will probably use a slightly higher flowrate than recommended just on the off chance my regulator is not reading accurately but I bought a larger tank to compensate for this. It isn't like I have to worry about wasting gas since I plan to use it only once. :wink:

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
If you have gas to waste, no problem. Please bear in mind, the faster the flow rate the better the seal is needed as more gas is delivered per unit time. And consequently, your enclosure (mask, bag, etc.) will experience greater positive pressures.

Reactions: justamortal