• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
I got a suggestion to write down things I like to do even trivial, really small things, to help me feel better but I keep coming up blank. So what is it that you all like to do to calm yourself and bring you back to reality when your mind goes haywire? Let me know anything at all even the small things like drinking a cup of tea.

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Let me know anything at all even the small things like drinking a cup of tea.
When I have time, I go to the gym and push myself hard, or write poems and post them here. This is the only place where I can post my crazy poems.

When I'm at work and verbally abused (it's a part of my daily life), I read a poem my "imaginary friend" wrote. (Yes I admit I wrote it, but she's the only reason why I'm trying to recover. )

I believe my imaginary friend is somewhat in some sense. Otherwise I'm pretty much hopeless and destined to CTB I guess.

space-jester

space-jester

Oct 3, 2023
this is great because ive been going through it atm and i think this will help a lot, so thank you for posting.
lets see...

• drawing (though thats mostly all i do, so i hardly think that counts)
• playing video games
• driving my car around and listening to music
• flicking my lighters
• putting together my silly outfits

hm.. i mean i dont feel worse, thank you for that! im starting to feel a little better. made me realize i could do those things instead of crying. im gonna go put on some clothes and go for a ride. :J thanks!

Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Apr 29, 2024
I like:
listening music and watching movies.
cooking good curry with rise (especially with coconut milk).
to search and learn something about history of mankind on the internet.
to smoke a ciggaret after I was crying. Which is currently a lot in the last week and is the only thing which stops my cry currently.
to drink a good orange lemonade.
to take a hot relaxing bath with a bath oil.
coconut in any form.

soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
- Drawing
- Playing instrument
- Watching gameplay & youtube, Japan vlogs
- video games
- cleaning
- sitting outside
- reading webtoons and manga
- cooking/baking
- petting cats
- drinking milk tea
- learning more about people
- listen to music
- looking at art

AlexYaBoy

AlexYaBoy

The Lord of Dribblers
Mar 11, 2024
Lift for Jesus.

Crypto Swag GIF by JesusCoin

200.gif

Get Fit No Pain No Gain GIF by Pudgy Penguins

arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Walking outside
Playing video games
Watching Twitch channels
Doing a 20 minute mediation

Reactions: terra.nuvo
jetblackwings

jetblackwings

arrowheads, arrowheads
May 1, 2024
Videogames used to be my go-to since I was a kid, but these days it's pretty hit-or-miss on whether or not I enjoy them or feel nothing but the stress of wasting my free time when I play them. Sometimes they are still fun though.

Playing guitar is mostly my go-to hobby and grounding technique alike these days. I keep it plugged into my amp and set up near my bed and keep my pick tucked under the strings to remove as many steps to picking it up and playing as possible so the ol depression brain can't keep me from doing it.

Reactions: terra.nuvo
soulkitty

soulkitty

ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ ᵐᵉᵒʷ
Apr 6, 2024
Customising dolls and listening to music
That's awesome!! 💙 although I've never customized dolls I've seen a bunch of YouTube videos of people doing it, I love seeing the process and people make some really cool ones :>

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz
crystal_meth97

crystal_meth97

Nie mam zamiaru się poddać
May 1, 2024
I used to engage in my hobbies a lot when I wasn't feeling so low, now I don't do much because I feel tired and I'm not in the mood. These days, I listen to music, watch 2-3 movies a week, spend time on YouTube and reddit, go for short walks, try new recipes, spend time with my cats, and I guess that's it, pretty depressing. In general, I love to draw, paint, write poetry and fiction in general, travel (I still do this if I have the necessary funds), discover new music, do tarot readings, learn other languages, engage in activism, and read fiction, to name a few.

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I enjoy what most people would consider a waste of time (my parents included), which is lying in bed, thinking and listening to music;
I also like playing the guitar, but the apathy is starting to come back and it's much harder to just pick it up and play something, even if for 10 minutes;
And books.

terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Student
Feb 15, 2024
I enjoy what most people would consider a waste of time (my parents included), which is lying in bed, thinking and listening to music;
I also like playing the guitar, but the apathy is starting to come back and it's much harder to just pick it up and play something, even if for 10 minutes;
And books.
I think lying in bed an thinking is all I do sometimes so you're not alone there. What books do you like?

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I think lying in bed an thinking is all I do sometimes so you're not alone there. What books do you like?
I enjoyed Camus and Dazai the most but right now I'm reading light novel classroom of the elite and I like it a lot.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds