Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Is there substance beneath the distractions?

Reactions: Forever Sleep
Danyyyyy

Danyyyyy

Yippee
Mar 19, 2023
I guess we would act desperate? We rely on our distractions alot that once it's gone, you "have nothing to do".
If ur talking abt people like teens without phones or games, I think it would be sorta benificial? no social media, self esteem still okay, no silly lil thoughts etc etc.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Interesting question. I don't know really. I suppose all interests are distractions. What isn't a distraction at the end of the day? Our basic survival needs are kind of taken care of pretty much.

Is work a distraction? We need to work to earn money in order to survive but a lot of us are workaholics to try and distract ourselves from having to face our lives in a way.

I think we kind of define ourselves via our distractions- things that interest us. Without them- we'd just be organisms trying to survive- like everything else I guess.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
They are just conscious beings trapped inside flesh prisons waiting to inevitably cease existing. All that humans do is just distract themselves from the fact that they are destined to die, everything that humans do is just a distraction from how truly futile and meaningless existing is.

• Love
Reactions: immrw and unnormal9
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
A species among a most delicate equilibrium.

RoundaboutResolved

RoundaboutResolved

Stuck in a roundabout with no exits!
Apr 5, 2023
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Beneath the distractions lies a layer of constant unease that is almost completely universal throughout humanity. Our present-day society seems to be all about selling distractions as a quick fix, but the real underlying issue has been given direct consideration since ancient times elsewhere. In the East it is referred to as Duḥkha.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and rationaltake
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Everything we do in life is a distraction from the sheer fatigue of living and dealing with people you don't want to be around. Life is exhausting. I envy the dead.