S

SN;)

I never asked to be born in the first place
Apr 12, 2024
Hello there,

I have been taking 10 mg of Brintellix for the past 2 years. I haven't noticed any effect of it whatsoever. I have told my psychiatrist that I'm not really ok anymore with wanting to kill myself, all day every day. From tonight I'll be taking 15 mg for 7 days, and after that, 20 mg. I'll consult with my psychiatrist again after 6 weeks. She'll ask me whether the medication helped. What am I supposed to feel? I'll be on the lookout for
  • maybe my interest in the activities I'm doing could increase
  • maybe the first thing that I think of when I wake up wouldn't be that I hate my life and want to die
  • in the evening usually my suicide thoughts are so strong that I can't think of anything else, only the "I want to die" thought keeps repeating, leaving no space for any other thought, inhibiting me doing anything. Maybe these thoughts could be weaker
  • maybe I'll not feel the urge to cry over insignificant annoying things (or maybe I'll actually cry more. I don't cry a lot anymore, but I would certainly notice that.)
  • maybe my insomnia could get better, or even worse, which I really don't want and am a bit afraid of
  • I don't usually feel lack of energy or tired, but I'll be on the lookout if I do
It could be the other way around, because as it says in the leaflet, it could be that in the first 2 weeks your depression gets even worse. I would be glad if I could notice either a worsening or an improvement. Just any effect of the medication.

Probably a lot of things are missing from my list. What else am I supposed to feel? Please help add items to my list of the things to look out for, if you can.

If anyone has personal experience with Brintellix, vortioxetine, I'd be interested in your opinions and what you felt too.

Thanks!