F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Did you ever have an age in mind? Either a feeling you'd die of natural causes at/ by a certain age or that you'd CTB by one?

I was convinced I'd die at the age of 40- like my Mum. I felt so disappointed and guilty in a way when I passed that age. I hate the thought that I'm older than her now- as it were.

• Hugs
Reactions: BornHated, lachrymost, Rocinante and 1 other person
mitsurumors

mitsurumors

She sells seashells on the seashore 🎶
Jun 11, 2023
When I was 11 I was certain I wouldn't reach 22
Sad that didn't come to pass
I think of natural causes... maybe 52? I don't think I'll make it long, especially not with this disabled body
After surgery I could maybe reach 60 or something like that
That is, if I haven't ctb before. Still clinging to some hope tho, bc there are sadly things I enjoy in this life, like my cats, games, anime etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Rocinante, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
When I was much younger I never was able to imagine myself getting much older but sadly I'm still trapped here, I've always found it dreadful thinking of what potentially lies ahead.

• Aww..
Reactions: mitsurumors, Rocinante and Forever Sleep
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I'm an old bastard and in my fifties.
Reaching 60 is utterly unthinkable.
So fuck that shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga, LONE WOLF., BornHated and 3 others
jazzcat

jazzcat

dark eyed and miserable
May 19, 2023
ever since I was a teenager I never thought I'd make it past 30
I just can't picture myself getting older than that, I will most likely die later this year and I'm turning 27 in july

• Hugs
Reactions: BornHated, mitsurumors, Forever Sleep and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I didn't think I would make it past 12 or live to see 18 at the moment I can't imagine making it to 27 or past 27

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: BornHated, Forever Sleep, The anhedonic one and 1 other person
S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
i thought i would kill myself at 15 but i fucked everything up. at best all i can do now is hope i somehow die instantly or as painlessly as possible. i don't want to reach 20 years old i dont want to continue this repetitive garbage anymore i cant

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and The anhedonic one
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I thought it would have happened in my teens.

I am certain I am not going to die in old age because I will most likely not live into old age.

So, I don't cling to hope; for me, death is simply sitting somewhere and saying, "Tick-tock, Tick-tock."

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one, Skathon and Forever Sleep
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I'm almost certain this is cancer or pre-cancer, so I'm feeling like I'm only a couple o years from the end.

• Aww..
Reactions: The anhedonic one, BornHated, ferret-in-a-sock and 1 other person
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
well I can't really say much for when I was younger but I'm about to be 22 and plan to die by 40, at the max.

• Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and Forever Sleep
CrystalDog69

CrystalDog69

Feb 22, 2023
Did you ever have an age in mind? Either a feeling you'd die of natural causes at/ by a certain age or that you'd CTB by one?

I was convinced I'd die at the age of 40- like my Mum. I felt so disappointed and guilty in a way when I passed that age. I hate the thought that I'm older than her now- as it were.
I didn't think I would make it to 12. For better or for worse I just turned 22 recently and that is so weird to think about.

• Hugs
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
For me, it was 20. I was convinced that I would be gone by then, almost a decade later now and i'm still here. I hate it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one, BornHated, Skathon and 2 others
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I keep thinking I won't make it past a certain age or year but I'm starting to become concerned that I may die of natural causes at 90 or so after being chronically suicidal my whole life and not acting. Ehh... hopefully there will come a day where I either do it or decide I don't need to instead.

• Hugs
catastrophix

catastrophix

and my nightmares will have nightmares every night
Feb 20, 2023
I used to say I wouldn't get past age 12. I'm 20 now. I'm hoping 30 at the absolute maximum via CTB.

• Hugs
I

ICan'tThink

Mar 8, 2023
i cant see myself getting past 35, might be sooner though

• Hugs
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I feel like I should have CTB'd at 14. Or 17 for that matter. I feel very disappointed in myself that I reached 18, despite the fact that I had no means of obtaining a reliable method at that point (no bank account, thus no online purchases, and no stores nearby that sold things that I could use).
As for now? I accepted at 13 that I would CTB before 30. Right now it is unthinkable that I will see 2025. I expect I will CTB in November - December 2024 at the latest. I will be 19, in that case. I hope to do it that time this year, though, where I will still be 18. I have an odd attachment with the last three months of the year.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
From age like 5 I was really convinced I'd die at 16. I wrote even a really crappy little OC story when I was like 12 about it called "15 be warned, 16 you're dead" (edgy little tween stuff).

I ended up getting into 2 car accidents at 16. The first one I had a "oh no. I'm dead" moment then narrowly missed certain death/severe injury by like a split-second reaction to get out of the way. The second one had no potential to be deadly from the accident itself, but I actually think I almost became a "missing teenage girl" news report.

The guy hit me while I was walking and instead of calling the police, he insisted I get in his car and he'd drive me to the hospital and he tried touching me at one point to "help" me into his car.

After that year I was like "g-d*mn. I think I was supposed to die. Good grief."

Now days my current bet is heart-issues. 30s-40s. If I don't CTB.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: The anhedonic one, BornHated and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
From age like 5 I was really convinced I'd die at 16. I wrote even a really crappy little OC story when I was like 12 about it called "15 be warned, 16 you're dead" (edgy little tween stuff).

I ended up getting into 2 car accidents at 16. The first one I had a "oh no. I'm dead" moment then narrowly missed certain death/severe injury by like a split-second reaction to get out of the way. The second one had no potential to be deadly from the accident itself, but I actually think I almost became a "missing teenage girl" news report.

The guy hit me while I was walking and instead of calling the police, he insisted I get in his car and he'd drive me to the hospital and he tried touching me at one point to "help" me into his car.

After that year I was like "g-d*mn. I think I was supposed to die. Good grief."

Now days my current bet is heart-issues. 30s-40s. If I don't CTB.

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced- that driver sounded really dodgy. God though- suicidal at 5 years old? That's the youngest I think I've heard here. That's rough. I'm sorry.

Oh- sorry- re-read that and think I may have misunderstood... Was it more you thought you were going to die young- not that you wanted to? That's still pretty rough though...

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: The anhedonic one and ferret-in-a-sock
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
I'm so sorry for what you've experienced- that driver sounded really dodgy. God though- suicidal at 5 years old? That's the youngest I think I've heard here. That's rough. I'm sorry.

Oh- sorry- re-read that and think I may have misunderstood... Was it more you thought you were going to die young- not that you wanted to? That's still pretty rough though...
Yeah, lol, fortunately I wasn't suicidal as a 5 year old, I don't think I comprehended suicide until far later. My dad was very violent and abusive . The quote all of my siblings and I know well from him is "if you call the police tell them to bring 5 body bags."

So, I guess I kind of thought I'd die and 16 seemed like "the number" to me. It seemed really old when I was a kid.

I don't think I imagined it ever as suicide though. It was more like I just imagined abruptly dying because of supernatural forces.

• Wow
  • Hugs
greenpictureframe

greenpictureframe

Jun 11, 2023
As a teenager I was depressed and suicidal, and couldn't really imagine getting 18 or older. I thought surely I would have killed myself by then... now I'm in my twenties

• Hugs
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
As a child, I had my first ideation. I arrived in the kitchen and grabbed a knife, I tried to stick the knife in my chest. I failed, obviously. As a teenager I was very, very depressed about my dad and his issues with his health issues and I tried to swallow all of his medications. The only thing I felt was that I got really, really nauseous and needed to sleep. Now at 22 I'm trying CTB with carbon monoxide. That's it, my suicide story.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, The anhedonic one and BornHated
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
12. Distinctly remember not thinking i'd not CTB before I was a "teen".

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, The anhedonic one and BornHated
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
honestly i thought i'd be dead before even highschool, either by myself or killed by someone else.

• Hugs
C

ctvunny

dead
Jun 18, 2023
Before? I wasnt really sure, I just know that Ill live for a good while and hope for the best. But now, Id say at the age of 23 which is I am now. I really hope I got hit by a car then die on impact.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Aloneisbestforme

Aloneisbestforme

Terminally online
Aug 17, 2023
Before I thought I would be dead before 13.

and than I turned 13 maybe at 18 i'll be dead.
Now I am here maybe by age 21 - 25 i'll be dead idk though but that's the main age i'm thinking

• Hugs
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
Thought I'd die before the age of 13, then 14, 15, 16 and so on. I'm eighteen currently. Now i believe I won't make it to 19. Maybe this will go on forever.

• Hugs
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I never really thought about it that much. I assumed I would go on to live a relatively normal life, and die from an accident/ sickness/ natural causes. Now though, I am planning to ctb soon. I guess I'll be 19 forever.

• Hugs
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
When i was really young I used to be scared of death, so I thought that i'm gonna live until old age. At 12 I thought I'd be dead by 14. In high school I thought I d be dead by 18-24. Now at 23 I hope to be dead before 30.

• Hugs
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
I'm 20 right now, didn't think I'd make it this far, I might die before I get to 21 or maybe I don't. I'm almost 100% sure I won't make it to 25 years old though, so sometime between 20 and 25.

• Hugs
T

TheMetalhead

Experienced
Aug 18, 2023
Before diving deep into depression I thought I'd die of natural causes, my point of view began to change in my early teens, I knew I would die by my of hand, I wanted to try living at least till 18, but that changed with my first CTB attempt at 17. Shit went on and at 22 I'm still alive despite a few CTB attempts. Well another one coming soon hopefully.

• Hugs