• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
it could be a hilarious joke
Oh, I like jokes. I've been called funny four or five times on the forum. Ooops, bed time!
joker no GIF

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Mentalmick
A

Araya

Mar 22, 2021
I think about this often, why does SI make me feel like my life could be valuable when it's irrelevant?

Reactions: profoundexperience, pthnrdnojvsc and Mentalmick
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I think about this often, why does SI make me feel like my life could be valuable when it's irrelevant?
It's maybe because it's an instinct rather that an emotion. The old noggin is hardwired to protect itself no matter what.

Reactions: Araya, UseItOrLoseIt, Sensei and 1 other person
sparkie

sparkie

Student
Mar 14, 2021
I would never bring a child into this World especially with my genes, the average Life might get twenty years of happiness/ piece of mind - what's the point - most of life is just suffering one way or another

• Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Élégie, Outsider and 3 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Can you describe this to me? Sorry for the stupid question, I just don't experience this.
You know in the Shawshank Redemption where the guy has to crawl through the river of shit to escape - I think that's maybe the kind of place you're in. Of course there's no pleasure to be felt, you don't want to be feeling anything as you're crawling through a river of shit in a sewer tunnel. But perhaps, one day, after crawling for long enough, you might just escape the tunnel and find daylight - then you might be able to experience some beauty and wonder.

(I'm watching Oz, I have prisons on my mind)

Reactions: Sensei and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Oh, I like jokes. I've been called funny four or five times on the forum. Ooops, bed time!
joker no GIF

For what it's worth, you've made me laugh more times than any other member of this forum. Based as fuck, to use your words.

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You know in the Shawshank Redemption where the guy has to crawl through the river of shit to escape - I think that's maybe the kind of place you're in. Of course there's no pleasure to be felt, you don't want to be feeling anything as you're crawling through a river of shit in a sewer tunnel. But perhaps, one day, after crawling for long enough, you might just escape the tunnel and find daylight - then you might be able to experience some beauty and wonder.
Fitting that you literally grabbed that from a Hollywood movie :pfff:
For what it's worth, you've made me laugh more times than any other member of this forum. Based as fuck, to use your words.
5171XMP988L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Reactions: signifying nothing
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
If we're all going to die eventually, then what's the point of forcing us to suffer until we're old? The idea that everyone should go through life no matter how life turns out is a moral failing on behalf of our society. There is only one answer.

Yep. It's not as tho we have a choice here on earth. Death is a road we're all going to have to walk one way or another, willing or not, ready or not. It's nothing to be afraid of either. Your soul doesn't die...

Bhagavad Ghita

Never the spirit was born; the spirit shall cease to be never;
Never was time it was not; End and Beginning are dreams!
Birthless and deathless and changeless remaineth the spirit for ever;
Death hath not touched it at all, dead though the house of it seems!
Who knoweth it exhaustless, self-sustained,
Immortal, indestructible,—shall such
Say, "I have killed a man, or caused to kill?"
Nay, but as when one layeth
His worn-out robes away,
And, taking new ones, sayeth,
"These will I wear to-day!"
So putteth by the spirit
Lightly its garb of flesh,
And passeth to inherit
A residence afresh.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Your soul doesn't die...

Bhagavad Ghita

His worn-out robes away,
So putteth by the spirit
And passeth to inherit
A residence afresh.
Some guy wrote something a long time ago, it must be true! :pfff:

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and signifying nothing
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
Yep. It's not as tho we have a choice here on earth. Death is a road we're all going to have to walk one way or another, willing or not, ready or not. It's nothing to be afraid of either. Your soul doesn't die...

Bhagavad Ghita

His worn-out robes away,
So putteth by the spirit
And passeth to inherit
A residence afresh.
Free new bodies!!

NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
You are right, we are all going to die, so why suffer until we are 100 years old? It is a human right to choose the time of our own death. The problem is the society and the politicians, people are stupid. They only think about how to live, most people deny death and suicide, they are afraid of death. Human life, to be extended as long as possible, no matter what. But our pets can be killed fast without suffering at the veterinarian. Not everybody has the physical strength and good health so they can die of old age - and why should we? Only the modern man has high expectancy. Before that, death could come sudden and most people did not live very long so they did not have time to think about death. The modern man has too much time, waiting, thinking and suffering for years before death. I believe this is going to change in the future, euthanasia will be accepted all over the world, and then people do not have to kill themselves.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, SmellyRat, GarageKarate07 and 1 other person
FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
You are right, we are all going to die, so why suffer until we are 100 years old? It is a human right to choose the time of our own death. The problem is the society and the politicians, people are stupid. They only think about how to live, most people deny death and suicide, they are afraid of death. Human life, to be extended as long as possible, no matter what. But our pets can be killed fast without suffering at the veterinarian. Not everybody has the physical strength and good health so they can die of old age - and why should we? Only the modern man has high expectancy. Before that, death could come sudden and most people did not live very long so they did not have time to think about death. The modern man has too much time, waiting, thinking and suffering for years before death. I believe this is going to change in the future, euthanasia will be accepted all over the world, and then people do not have to kill themselves.
God I hope so. Maybe in the future when overpopulation is a problem. People are afraid of death because it is a place where no traveler has ever returned. People are afraid of the unknown. But for our kind - those who have lost everything, it's salvation from an unkind existence.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
People are expected to die from natural causes regardless of how life turns out for them. But there is really no reason to force people to suffer and grow old. There is no reason to force people to live in meaningless suffering. But people are still tormented. There is so much human suffering in the world. There are people who are plagued by health problems for decades. However, people are good at ignoring the suffering of others. No one but you can feel your pain. Nobody in present or in the future cares about my present suffering. I will be dead and forgotten in the future. The problem is that we live in the denial of death era. Humans are expected to live in civilization - not die. Death does not fit into cities. But death is considered normal in nature. It seems like no one in the society wants to do with human death. The healthcare extends human life. People cannot seek help to end their lives in most countries. Switzerland´s suicide clinics want a lot of money to help people die. Not even the killer wants to take care of a corpse. Yet we must all die. But I think that more countries will legalise human euthanasia in the future - the development is going in that direction.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The inevitability of death certainly is the only comfort, it's comforting to think of how eventually this existence will just be erased, will disappear and will be forgotten about as once I lose consciousness I will be at peace for all eternity.

I could just never see a point to suffering so meaninglessly and unnecessarily in an existence that there was never a need for in the first place, it's really irrational wishing to prolong the existences of other people at all costs despite death being the most normal and inevitable thing. I see wanting to cease existing on my own terms as being all that makes sense as it's the only way to find true relief from all future harm and suffering.