• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
I did a very good job of isolating myself from the only few friends that were willing to deal with my depressing bs so now when I just want to share a moment, movie or music with somebody I'm not even able to do that- and it's one of my favourite things to do to pass the time.

Recently watched half of Isle of Dogs and I absolutely loved it- would love to watch it again but kinda "with" somebody, got a pretty weird movie taste but I'm also not really very picky... I love to immerse and drown myself in easy to digest stuff like movies but when something rlly touches me emotionally, makes me feel passionate.. and I've got not a single person to share it with.. I just wish I did.

If this is a shitty suggestion I might just write here about my favourite movies and why I loved them.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, Caerula, Soon4me and 2 others
deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
Heck ya. There's sites or programs for that, eh? Or we can just put it on separately, simultaneously, idc. I haven't seen Isle of Dogs and would be interested...was ignoring until reading at recommendation an article which refuted concerns that it was very ignorant to Japanese culture. So it seems promising.

Reactions: Caerula and Panda
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
Heck ya. There's sites or programs for that, eh? Or we can just put it on separately, simultaneously, idc. I haven't seen Isle of Dogs and would be interested...was ignoring until reading at recommendation an article which refuted concerns that it was very ignorant to Japanese culture. So it seems promising.
The complaints I've seen are that there is a "white savior" character and that the Japanese dialogue is pretty simplistic. I'm too dead inside to care about that when nothing I ever do is going to impact anything in the world as horrible as that might sound, I really adore the aesthetics and sound direction and the kind of bizarre stop motion animation combined with the awesome voice acting...

Yeah we could do it any way honestly, I have it downloaded so I don't mind, streaming stuff on my net is kind of temperamental.

Reactions: Caerula and deathwish
deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
So I just checked and should've figured that there's like 350 holds on 75 copies of IoD at the library and the library itself hasn't even gotten those copies yet pffff (still a very good library system) Umm I did place a hold but it'll be a while. Maybe we watch something less shiny and new.. sorry to make it difficult; i don't want to torrent anything right now and am too cheap to rent..
i've been interested in watching some older Ghibli movies lately- there's few i ADORE so if you like nitpicking, might be fun. though does your preferred style rn include in depth ripping apart of movies or more casual? either is good for me.. i think i want to watch something kinda loving rn.. have you seen The Handmaiden? it might be a masterpiece though wdik.. (having said "loving" tho it is also very dark and explicit)

P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
I haven't seen the handmaid.. but I do love Ghibli movies. Kinda funny my first ever stay in hospital a nurse lended me his personal Ghibli box set and that's when I really fell in love. Sounds really good! Idk how we could do it.. I uninstalled discord and stuff..

deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
My votes to watch:
Kiki's Delivery Service My Neighbor Totoro Whisper of the Heart Nausicaa Howl's Moving Castle

just wut i'm feeling rn for Ghibli. the first 3 i own so can watch right away, nausicaa and howl will take 2-3 days
that's a sweet story about your nurse, he sounds cool and really nice to lend you that. :3 i reread your first post and also definitely often wish there was someone with which to share precious experiences so.. well, ghibli can be quite precious.

As for chatting...i use discord, kakaotalk, and trillian. any good? we could also simply use omegle; find each other through a unique Interest tag.

Last edited:
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
I recall really enjoying nausicaa and I haven't watched it in a long time, I'm not sure if I've ever watched the entirety of Howl's either, going to head to bed now but I'll poke you tomorrow or something and think about it. I uninstalled discord for reasons and I'm kind of unsure about reinstalling anything like that, but realistically it'd probably be best if we're going to watch something okay I'll let you know! Thank you..

deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
Yes also haven't seen Nausicaa in a long time but some scenes have stayed with me very well! Okay, see you tomorrow, good night

Reactions: Panda
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
Yes also haven't seen Nausicaa in a long time but some scenes have stayed with me very well! Okay, see you tomorrow, good night
Hehehe yep if I'm remembering correctly two scenes in particular stuck with me too!

Reactions: deathwish
deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
Nice, let's find out together if we remember the same moments

Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
What sites or programs can you use to watch movies together? i only know of https://www.rabb.it/
Haven't used it for a long time so i don't know how good it is now.

Reactions: Caerula, Panda and Rex
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
bimp, never heard of that site Soon, I usually just press play at the same time or get the other person to suggest a site for syncing but it's not really simple if you're going to try and stream a movie I think, so easier just to press play at the same time.

death you aroundu?

Reactions: Soon4me
Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
I've used rabbit before, it's good when it works and deffo worth checking out if you want to watch movies in sync, has a chat function so you can talk to each other during the movie too.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Soon4me, Caerula and 1 other person
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
I've used rabbit before, it's good when it works and deffo worth checking out if you want to watch movies in sync, has a chat function so you can talk to each other during the movie too.
I assume it's a paid service though? From the professional look of the homepage

Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
I assume it's a paid service though? From the professional look of the homepage
No it's free, least the last time I used it. You just need your own content to stream. e.g. logging in to netflix or any other service, you basically share a web browser with the owner of the room in control of it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Soon4me and Caerula
P

Panda

Jun 25, 2018
No it's free, least the last time I used it. You just need your own content to stream. e.g. logging in to netflix or any other service, you basically share a web browser with the owner of the room in control of it.
Oh wow sounds interesting, I don't have netflix but I'll check it out I sort of assumed it was paid and ran away, thanks

deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
Still interested if anyone else is.. Been holding onto a copy of Nausicaa now.. :'3 Rabbit looks perfectly good too for streaming, i checked it out; can also volunteer my (dad's) netflix account for hosting from

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Still interested if anyone else is.. Been holding onto a copy of Nausicaa now.. :'3 Rabbit looks perfectly good too for streaming, i checked it out; can also volunteer my (dad's) netflix account for hosting from
If you ever log in again, yes I'm interested, this my new account I was Panda. Finally figure how to use rabbit!