• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
I only want something to help me while I improve my life on the side, and seeing how many side effects normal medication has I don't really trust it.
So im wondering is weed a good alternative? How much should it cost long term if ill be using the smallest amounts per day, just enough to feel a bit more loose?
Does it even last for an entire day or would I need to smoke multiple times per day, making it more expensive?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
weeds personally never helped me with anything.
the only thing ive gotten from it is an addiction
Im talking specifically about social anxiety, I know it probably won't help with my other mental conditions.
Controlling myself wont be a problem

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Does it even last for an entire day or would I need to smoke multiple times per day, making it more expensive?
At first the high may last you for a long while, but like with any drug, your body can and will become used to it. When that happens, you're going to need more and more of it to get the desired effect, and yes, that may or may not become more expensive. How much it's going to cost will depend on a lot. If it's legal and regulated for medicinal and/or recreational use, you could go to a dispensary and probably buy something pre-rolled for $5. But the price goes up depending on what kind of weed you want, how much you want, and if you're buying it off the street because it's not legal where you are, I'd imagine that the options would be a bit expensive.

For reference I pay a little over $30 for an ounce of weed, it's legal where I'm living right now and I have a card. I've been using it to manage my mood with bipolar. Two ounces can last me for three or four weeks. I am not sure what it would do for social anxiety. I still feel just as socially anxious when I'm high and around people but I'm more worried about my mood than I am about my anxiety. I've actually never heard of anyone using it for social anxiety but it does tend to make you either relax or fill you with energy, and theoretically those things could help.

If you are going to try it then I suggest only doing a small amount of it in a safe and controlled environment first. Weed is not the same for everyone and some people do not react well to it. You also don't have to smoke it, you can take edibles which tend to last a lot longer than smoking does for me. But you need to be extra careful with those too, because they're stronger and it's harder to control the high.

Weed can be a crutch in a transitionary period or in emergency situations, but I think it may be better to find other ways to manage social anxiety. But I'm sure you already know that, so I don't want to turn this into a lecture. I just don't want you to become addicted or reliant on weed to the point where you have to use to talk to others. Weed can be helpful in a lot of ways but it's very easy for us to become dependent on it and addicted to it, just like with all the other drugs. I don't blame you for not trusting prescription drugs, but weed has its side effects as well, despite being the safer option.

• Informative
Reactions: dragonofenvy

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
At first the high may last you for a long while, but like with any drug, your body can and will become used to it. When that happens, you're going to need more and more of it to get the desired effect, and yes, that may or may not become more expensive. How much it's going to cost will depend on a lot. If it's legal and regulated for medicinal and/or recreational use, you could go to a dispensary and probably buy something pre-rolled for $5. But the price goes up depending on what kind of weed you want, how much you want, and if you're buying it off the street because it's not legal where you are, I'd imagine that the options would be a bit expensive.

For reference I pay a little over $30 for an ounce of weed, it's legal where I'm living right now and I have a card. I've been using it to manage my mood with bipolar. Two ounces can last me for three or four weeks. I am not sure what it would do for social anxiety. I still feel just as socially anxious when I'm high and around people but I'm more worried about my mood than I am about my anxiety. I've actually never heard of anyone using it for social anxiety but it does tend to make you either relax or fill you with energy, and theoretically those things could help.

If you are going to try it then I suggest only doing a small amount of it in a safe and controlled environment first. Weed is not the same for everyone and some people do not react well to it. You also don't have to smoke it, you can take edibles which tend to last a lot longer than smoking does for me. But you need to be extra careful with those too, because they're stronger and it's harder to control the high.

Weed can be a crutch in a transitionary period or in emergency situations, but I think it may be better to find other ways to manage social anxiety. But I'm sure you already know that, so I don't want to turn this into a lecture. I just don't want you to become addicted or reliant on weed to the point where you have to use to talk to others. Weed can be helpful in a lot of ways but it's very easy for us to become dependent on it and addicted to it, just like with all the other drugs. I don't blame you for not trusting prescription drugs, but weed has its side effects as well, despite being the safer option.
Got it. Its restricted here and seems pretty expensive so I guess I wont get into it, not now atleast, just a few questions:

- What would you say is the min amount I could use on average per day, with a low tolerance, to just be a bit more relaxed? Not getting high or anything. Do you think I could stretch small amounts over a really long time period? Or is it too hard to tell

- Can I keep the effects of it throughout the entire day, while using a small amount, or something weak?

If it were an option I wouldn't use it as a permanent solution tho, I would only use it to make things more bearable while I try and fix my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: UsagiDrop
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Well, I don't think that cannabis calms you down, because it intensifies emotions and trips you up mentally- it can cause anxiety and paranoia. But, like psychedelics, it can have some healing power if it helps to face or realize some troubles. So there's no need to use for longer term- but so you know, l-theanine prevents the longer term adverse effects of cannabis.

Reactions: Meteora
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
- What would you say is the min amount I could use on average per day, with a low tolerance, to just be a bit more relaxed? Not getting high or anything. Do you think I could stretch small amounts over a really long time period? Or is it too hard to tell
I'm not too sure it I can give an exact amount, it may be too hard to tell. When I first started to smoke and my tolerance was low, I couldn't smoke an entire joint. One of those would last me a whole day and I would smoke it in quarters pretty much, stopping as soon as I began to feel high. How long it lasts depends on how you take it and how your body will react. For example, a joint will make me feel higher for longer than I would if I smoked using a bong, and an edible would have lasted me much longer, for hours and hours.

If you wanted something to last you throughout the day then I would go with edibles but that still comes with the downside of not being able to control just how high you're getting. It's hard to tell either way because everyone reacts so differently to weed, it's something that you would probably have to find out for yourself. But while your tolerance is low, the effects will definitely last longer.

Back home it was illegal and I made a little bit stretch for weeks. An ounce went for $100+++ so I would buy a little at a time for $5 each and smoke it out of a tiny pipe which allowed me to control my high. One hit would be enough to relax me. That batch would last me for weeks if not months because I made sure the hits I took were small. There are ways to stretch it and make the amount you have last.
- Can I keep the effects of it throughout the entire day, while using a small amount, or something weak?
Probably but you'll have to re-up every few hours. Maybe once every six-eight hours when you're new. While you have no tolerance then something small/weak will be bound to relax you a little bit.

Reactions: 26mmmm
RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Nov 9, 2023
My experiences is that weed can help you calm down and make you more socieable in theory, but the caveat is that you will worry the entire time about if others can detect that you are high. If you subsequently happen to get used to it and you no longer worry about if others can tell you're high, then you start to worry about if others can tell you aren't high and they'll start asking you why you're "so high-strung" today.

Either way, the problem is that people will be able to tell after a while that there's something weird about you, even if they don't know it's because of weed, and in the end it's just going to be add more to your social anxiety. I wouldn't recommend using weed for social anxiety among non-smokers, even if you're just microdosing. This problem is compounded by the fact that any number of factors can influence how high you get, and how high you look to others (lack of sleep, empty stomach, and your inhibition can fluctuate, resulting in inconsistent presentation to others even if you take the same dose) so it's impossible to be consistent.

If you're adamant about wanting to use weed to help with social anxiety, I'd recommend using it meditatively in a quiet area (alone), in low doses, and during a period where you can think about your social anxiety and what is blocking you. Although honestly, my experiences with that is that weed just makes you want to isolate and spend time with yourself to explore your own thoughts, rather than making you particularly social to non-smokers / the average person.

• Love
Reactions: UsagiDrop
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I've not smoked it but I've used edibles since they're legal where I'm at. I'm just gonna say that it affects everyone differently, because I definitely do not feel calm whenever I use edibles like everyone says you're supposed to, but I'm also getting high off of it so that might be why. When I used to have an addiction to them I was always paranoid that people could tell if I was high, if my eyes were bloodshot, etc. which only heightened my anxiety.

Weed isn't going to solve the problem of your anxiety. It's just going to mask it. What happens when the mask melts?

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
My experiences is that weed can help you calm down and make you more socieable in theory, but the caveat is that you will worry the entire time about if others can detect that you are high. If you subsequently happen to get used to it and you no longer worry about if others can tell you're high, then you start to worry about if others can tell you aren't high and they'll start asking you why you're "so high-strung" today.

Either way, the problem is that people will be able to tell after a while that there's something weird about you, even if they don't know it's because of weed, and in the end it's just going to be add more to your social anxiety. I wouldn't recommend using weed for social anxiety among non-smokers, even if you're just microdosing. This problem is compounded by the fact that any number of factors can influence how high you get, and how high you look to others (lack of sleep, empty stomach, and your inhibition can fluctuate, resulting in inconsistent presentation to others even if you take the same dose) so it's impossible to be consistent.

If you're adamant about wanting to use weed to help with social anxiety, I'd recommend using it meditatively in a quiet area (alone), in low doses, and during a period where you can think about your social anxiety and what is blocking you. Although honestly, my experiences with that is that weed just makes you want to isolate and spend time with yourself to explore your own thoughts, rather than making you particularly social to non-smokers / the average person.
I guess I just got the wrong impression of it. Thanks.

Reactions: RosebyAnyName
E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
It can help or it can be a disaster. It's different for different people. Kept me alive for some time, but of course it never solved my problems. If you're a young person (<25), I definitely don't recommend it as there is a much higher chance it can give you schizophrenia or something with regular use.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Well, I don't think that cannabis calms you down, because it intensifies emotions and trips you up mentally- it can cause anxiety and paranoia.
This!
It makes feelings stronger. I d not recommend it at all for social anxieties. Quite the opposite might happen, that you feel even more biased and get paranoid.

PixelPlant

PixelPlant

smile, you’ve lived :)
Aug 15, 2023
I consume CBD weed without THC to avoid the negative effects and the sensation of being high. CBD is supposed to calm you down and reduces insomnia. personally, it hasn't significantly improved my sleep but does offer calming effects. you should look into that.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I consume CBD weed without THC to avoid the negative effects and the sensation of being high. CBD is supposed to calm you down and reduces insomnia. personally, it hasn't significantly improved my sleep but does offer calming effects. you should look into that.
cbd helped me A LOT with my near constant back pain. i was smoking it like the nicotine vapes people use. then the government got rid of it because it "might" have thc in it instead of just doing their job and testing it. YAY for constant back pain that doesnt need to be :meh:

Reactions: PixelPlant
PixelPlant

PixelPlant

Aug 15, 2023
cbd helped me A LOT with my near constant back pain. i was smoking it like the nicotine vapes people use. then the government got rid of it because it "might" have thc in it instead of just doing their job and testing it. YAY for constant back pain that doesnt need to be :meh:
goofy ass government 🤣🤣 how do you manage it now

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
goofy ass government 🤣🤣 how do you manage it now
m..ma...manage? lol

i dont. i just live with it..
i asked the doctor for something to help with the pain but instead of realizing im in excruciating pain and would like something for the bad days, it seems he looked at my age (which at the time would have been about 18) and the stigma around the stronger medication and just said no.
like dude, i would have accepted anything, even preferred something a little less than strong painkillers. i just dont want to be eating advil like theyre skittles.

Reactions: PixelPlant
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I only want something to help me while I improve my life on the side, and seeing how many side effects normal medication has I don't really trust it.
So im wondering is weed a good alternative? How much should it cost long term if ill be using the smallest amounts per day, just enough to feel a bit more loose?
I love going to concerts with a 5mg THC edible, altho lately I've been doing 10mg. You can even split a 5mg in half if you want to. I do not get high outside of social events tho, I become non functional as a result.

One edible will typically take about 3-5 hours to fully experience. Highly reccomend ;)

PixelPlant

PixelPlant

Aug 15, 2023
m..ma...manage? lol

i dont. i just live with it..
i asked the doctor for something to help with the pain but instead of realizing im in excruciating pain and would like something for the bad days, it seems he looked at my age (which at the time would have been about 18) and the stigma around the stronger medication and just said no.
like dude, i would have accepted anything, even preferred something a little less than strong painkillers. i just dont want to be eating advil like theyre skittles.
when I had lower back issues, I went to physiotherapy/physical therapy. took a about 2-4 weeks before the pain went away completely tho. I don't think that medications like that would've helped imo. but everyone is different