wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
The weather forecasters in the Midwestern US are suspect. I never plan on their forecasts.

god no kidding. you never know what you're gonna get here.

I remember last year, it started feeling like spring towards the end of march, and then BAM fucking blizzard in april. Like, one of the biggest blizzards I'd ever seen. Could barely keep up with shoveling snow away from the door just to step out for smokes ffs

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif and 3 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
@stellabelle @mattwitt @ReadyasEver @therhydler @Hopeless_soul @Smilla @Chinaski @meowcat
@anyone else with snow. Weather reports please!

No snow where I live, unfortunately :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif and 2 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Cold, dark and wet. As dreary as me, appropriately

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif and 3 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Ummm....no. You can have it all for yourself.
Its actually nicer like this than it is otherwise. It's hideous and a total dump. The summer is horrible. You'll be surrounded by flies and mosquitoes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif and 2 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Its actually nicer like this than it is otherwise. It's hideous and a total dump. The summer is horrible. You'll be surrounded by flies and mosquitoes.

Again, feel free to keep it all for yourself. Where do you live?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, therhydler and 3 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Again, feel free to keep it all for yourself. Where do you live?
I don't technically live here, just drifted here.
I'm not joking, the flies and mosquitoes alone are enough to make a person want to put a hole in their head haha.
This is midwestern US

Reactions: voyager, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 5 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I don't technically live here, just drifted here.
I'm not joking, the flies and mosquitoes alone are enough to make a person want to put a hole in their head haha.
This is midwestern US

That does not sound nice at all. I admit at the moment we have a lot of flies buzzing around here. Seems they have cycles I have noticed. A few days you will see non next thing you know they are all in the house somehow. And I am running around with the fly spray trying to kill them. I still can't figure out how they even get in! They just show up. Maybe they are ghost flies....hmmmm

Reactions: voyager, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 5 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
That does not sound nice at all. I admit at the moment we have a lot of flies buzzing around here. Seems they have cycles I have noticed. A few days you will see non next thing you know they are all in the house somehow. And I am running around with the fly spray trying to kill them. I still can't figure out how they even get in! They just show up. Maybe they are ghost flies....hmmmm
Flies are evil. I've had to use 4+ flybag traps and they fill up entirely in about two days while there's 30 more flies swarming around and more coming. It's AWFUL. Kill the 30'with a swatter and 30 more show up. Even worse? They spit out maggots in the bag traps and the maggots slither up the walls of the bag and eat the fly carcasses. It's barfworthy.

Reactions: voyager, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Flies are evil. I've had to use 4+ flybag traps and they fill up entirely in about two days while there's 30 more flies swarming around and more coming. It's AWFUL. Kill the 30'with a swatter and 30 more show up. Even worse? They spit out maggots in the bag traps and the maggots slither up the walls of the bag and eat the fly carcasses. It's barfworthy.

Ugh ugh ugh............

But you can get those nice peachy sweets ❤️

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, sif and 4 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Ugh ugh ugh............

But you can get those nice peachy sweets ❤️
The secret is to douse yourself in bug spray and go out at night when the flies aren't active.
Don't get me started on ticks.

Lol the peach rings are the only comfort.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018

Okay, that is totally sick on so many levels right now. I am glad I haven't eaten yet.

stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Okay, that is totally sick on so many levels right now. I am glad I haven't eaten yet.
Just think, more reason to be found quickly and cremated. I do not want to be flyfood.

StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Just think, more reason to be found quickly and cremated. I do not want to be flyfood.

Even if I am dead I don't want to think about disgusting flies all over me. Again, I wouldn't know but still!

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Reactions: voyager, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and 10 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
@stellabelle @mattwitt @ReadyasEver @therhydler @Hopeless_soul @Smilla @Chinaski @meowcat
@anyone else with snow. Weather reports please!
Snow, come get it before it melts away

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Freezing rain all night and this morning

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 4 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I love where I live, blizzards and snowstorms, then we transition to severe thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes for late spring. Summers are usually humid and warm, with thunderstorms and showers occasionally. Summer means flies, mosquitoes, ticks and every other biting insect alive. Fall is the nice time, September and October remain warm and drier and the leaves change. Then it heads downhill in November lol.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 4 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
It's a cold 31 degrees light snow/freezing rain turning to ice real quick !

Widespread snow will be falling lightly across the area through Friday morning. This will be a widespread light snow event. Albeit light snow, allow yourself some extra time if you're traveling this evening, especially during the evening rush. We're not expecting much, but it will be widespread so there may be some slick spots where plow truck haven't treated. Snowfall amounts will range between 1-2″ for nearly everyone.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
It's a cold 31 degrees light snow/freezing rain turning to ice real quick !

Widespread snow will be falling lightly across the area through Friday morning. This will be a widespread light snow event. Albeit light snow, allow yourself some extra time if you're traveling this evening, especially during the evening rush. We're not expecting much, but it will be widespread so there may be some slick spots where plow truck haven't treated. Snowfall amounts will range between 1-2″ for nearly everyone.

Thank you @mattwitt, that is the high professional standard I have come to expect from the forecasting team ;-)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 3 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
A dreich day wae the chance of turning drookit, and pure Baltic in the evening, will be pishing doon the morra tae so get yer brolly oot afore gawn ootside.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, mattwitt and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Who's got snow today?

ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Who's got snow today?

Pictures tomorrow ( Saturday ), storm coming in tonight. That's what the weather forecasters say, so don't hold your breathe lol.

Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Apparently snaw o'er the wee kend.
DSC 0271

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif, therhydler and 2 others