• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
Something that I've always been drawn to is water. Oceans, rain, waterfalls, rivers and streams, lakes, even the color blue, which is my favorite (technically it's seafoam but some consider that green). Anything associated with water I just happen to like.
I was recently watching some of my favorite childhood movies and I remembered that Silvermist, the water fairy from Tinkerbell, was my favorite character growing up. When I was younger, I would always pretend that I had water powers when taking showers. And even now, showers are so therapeutic for me. It's as if the water cleanses me of my harmful thoughts and feelings.
Beaches are my safe space. It feels like the ocean calls out to me, beckoning me to chase after it, and I can't help but listen. The water rushing up to me is so exhilarating.
Rainstorms are some of my favorite weather. They're so calming and comforting. I love to sit on my patio and enjoy the pitter-patter of the raindrops, the dark, grey sky, the booming thunder. I'll listen to my favorite songs and read a book or simply just enjoy the weather, engulfing myself in it. Breathing it in.
I love water so much. If I could live on a beach or island I don't think I'd feel the need to leave this earth. I'd have what I need right there. Unfortunately it's going to be a while before it's even possible for me to get to that point, but I'm still trying to chase that dream. As lonely as I feel, I know water is always there, ebbing and flowing along.

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
The water is so beautiful. Oceans. The color blue. Lakes always look so serene. I don't go to the beach enough. Blue is my favorite color too. It's the most beautiful.

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
You experiences make me remember this book: https://www.wallacejnichols.org/122/bluemind.html

Perhaps you'd like to read it. It describes our psychological relationship to water. It's very interesting, but just be critical, because these kind of books, although based on scientific evidence, tend to be biased by exaggeration and by authors wanting to prove their own ideas, but it's a very interesting read, nonetheless.

Surfsup

Surfsup

Cowabunga
Feb 1, 2023
You experiences make me remember this book: https://www.wallacejnichols.org/122/bluemind.html

Perhaps you'd like to read it. It describes our psychological relationship to water. It's very interesting, but just be critical, because these kind of books, although based on scientific evidence, tend to be biased by exaggeration and by authors wanting to prove their own ideas, but it's a very interesting read, nonetheless.
Oh cool, I'll definitely look into it :)

Reactions: chocolatebar
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Me too 💙

I listen to rain ASMR every night pretty much to go to sleep. Reckon I'll likely choose it to CTB too as well.

REALLY want to say goodbye to the sea before I go. There are also a few rivers and waterfalls that I would love to visit too.

I'm planning on pre-paying for a cremation only service. I wonder if they would sprinkle me in the sea afterwards... I suppose the toilet ends up in the same place eventually. 🤔😆

• Love
Reactions: Surfsup
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Something that I've always been drawn to is water. Oceans, rain, waterfalls, rivers and streams, lakes, even the color blue, which is my favorite (technically it's seafoam but some consider that green). Anything associated with water I just happen to like.
I was recently watching some of my favorite childhood movies and I remembered that Silvermist, the water fairy from Tinkerbell, was my favorite character growing up. When I was younger, I would always pretend that I had water powers when taking showers. And even now, showers are so therapeutic for me. It's as if the water cleanses me of my harmful thoughts and feelings.
Beaches are my safe space. It feels like the ocean calls out to me, beckoning me to chase after it, and I can't help but listen. The water rushing up to me is so exhilarating.
Rainstorms are some of my favorite weather. They're so calming and comforting. I love to sit on my patio and enjoy the pitter-patter of the raindrops, the dark, grey sky, the booming thunder. I'll listen to my favorite songs and read a book or simply just enjoy the weather, engulfing myself in it. Breathing it in.
I love water so much. If I could live on a beach or island I don't think I'd feel the need to leave this earth. I'd have what I need right there. Unfortunately it's going to be a while before it's even possible for me to get to that point, but I'm still trying to chase that dream. As lonely as I feel, I know water is always there, ebbing and flowing along.
I love all these things too! Don't get me started on the ocean:) the sight of it, the ocean waves, the breeze, the salty smell, the waves foam, the seafood, the colors...blue and greens are my favs too. I would never live anywhere that is not on the coast. If it doesn't have a beach, it's too dry for me :) Even my workplace is by the water, and others have been before too.

Rain...it calms me, and I love the smell of it. I always open the window when it rains. I like how quiet and peaceful it gets when it rains.
Yeah, there are beautiful things on this planet, but they're not enough to balance out my pain.

• Love
Reactions: Surfsup