• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
So I have read drinking 6 litres of water in 3 hours, has been known to kill a person. I was wondering if anyone knows this has to exclusively water or other fluids would still work. Like squash or tea, or would they not affect the sodium balance.

Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
So I have read drinking 6 litres of water in 3 hours, has been known to kill a person. I was wondering if anyone knows this has to exclusively water or other fluids would still work. Like squash or tea, or would they not affect the sodium balance.
I did try this a few years out and was able to pass out, but nothing more than that.

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
I'm not sure how reliable that is, I could drink that much in beer and just about still walk in a straight line.

You'd probably just keep going to the toilet.
Yeah I suppose, beer would have sodium in though I would of thought. I know it wouldn't be a reliable method. I was just researching for accessibility.
I did try this a few years out and was able to pass out, but nothing more than that.
Thank you for your opinion. Do you know how much you drank out of interest?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yeah I suppose, beer would have sodium in though I would of thought. I know it wouldn't be a reliable method. I was just researching for accessibility.
Yeah I'm not discounting it, just doesn't initially sound too reliable or easy to do.

Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024

Thank you for your opinion. Do you know how much you drank out of interest?
According to some rough calculations it looks to be about 9 litres? Perhaps I'm a medical anomaly or I have my numbers wrong.

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
Yeah I'm not discounting it, just doesn't initially sound too reliable or easy to do.
Yeah I was thinking throwing up probably is very likely. I was trying to work out if it is actually feasible, when not an endurance athlete, as extreme exercise slows your bodies ability to filter water.
According to some rough calculations it looks to be about 9 litres? Perhaps I'm a medical anomaly or I have my numbers wrong.
I suppose it depends on how high your sodium levels were prior to drinking the water. But that does make it sound a lot harder to do than I first thought. 9 litres is a lot, thanks.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Just because something has been known to kill people doesn't mean it's likely to kill you. I don't think it's a reliable method. It would be as likely to go straight through you as to mess up your electrolyte balance and kill you. (It would be much more likely to kill you if you were severely dehydrated. If you are ever in a hot country and get severely dehydrated, you might feel as though you want to drink a whole swimming pool. Don't. Rehydrate by taking small amounts at a time.) Six litres of whisky (or any other spirit), on the other hand might well be fatal. I vaguely remember, from my student days, some guy who drank a whole bottle of brandy (i.e. less than one litre) and had to be hospitalised. But even that wouldn't work for everyone. Some people just throw up if they have too much to drink, and it doesn't get into their system.

Last edited:
U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
Just because something has been known to kill people doesn't mean it's likely to kill you. I don't think it's a reliable method. It would be as likely to go straight through you as to mess up your electrolyte balance and kill you. (It would be much more likely to kill you if you were severely dehydrated. If you are ever in a hot country and get severely dehydrated, you might feel as though you want to drink a whole swimming pool. Don't. Rehydrate by taking small amounts at a time.) Six litres of whisky (or any other spirit), on the other hand might well be fatal. I vaguely remembr, from my student days, some guy who drank a whole bottle of brandy (i.e. less than one litre) and had to be hospitalised. But even that wouldn't work for everyone. Some people just throw up if they have too much to drink, and it doesn't get into their system.
Yes, that is a good point

Reactions: Linda
Macc_Lad_71

Macc_Lad_71

Feb 15, 2024
EASIER TO POP DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL RIVER AND HAVE A GLASS OF THAT.....SOON BE ALL OVER!

Reactions: Linda
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I've been through hypoatrenemia and it was honestly just painful and incredibly confusing. I wasn't trying to kill myself, I was trying to stay cool in a warehouse. I don't think I could've actually made myself drink enough to die if I was trying, because my stomach only holds so much water, and I was getting so out of it that I almost couldn't go home. My boss was talking to me and I didn't hear a word she said to me. I couldn't work, hear, or see outside of what was right in front of me. Plus drinking that much water fast is really hard.

TLDR, I don't suggest it. you'll feel shitty, probably puke up some of the water, and be so goddamn disoriented and confused that you may not even be able to get down enough water.

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
I've been through hypoatrenemia and it was honestly just painful and incredibly confusing. I wasn't trying to kill myself, I was trying to stay cool in a warehouse. I don't think I could've actually made myself drink enough to die if I was trying, because my stomach only holds so much water, and I was getting so out of it that I almost couldn't go home. My boss was talking to me and I didn't hear a word she said to me. I couldn't work, hear, or see outside of what was right in front of me. Plus drinking that much water fast is really hard.

TLDR, I don't suggest it. you'll feel shitty, probably puke up some of the water, and be so goddamn disoriented and confused that you may not even be able to get down enough water.
I am worried about the reliability of the method. Just trying to see what is possible with what is accessible. That's why I want to know as much about it before trying it. Out of interest do you know how much you drank? Or do you think it was more down to the environmental factors .

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I am worried about the reliability of the method. Just trying to see what is possible with what is accessible. That's why I want to know as much about it before trying it. Out of interest do you know how much you drank? Or do you think it was more down to the environmental factors .
no clue, sorry. it was 4 ish years ago. I would be willing to bet it was at least 5 or 6 16 oz bottles though.

Reactions: unknown23
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I can only imagine that's it's likely to be different for every person. Looks like it's just a matter of forcefully drinking until the bus comes.

Reactions: unknown23
Raven2

Raven2

Experienced
Dec 1, 2022
I tried it but obviously did not work, I'm still here

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
My guess is that it's possible to survive with brain damage, since your brain swelling is what kills. Not recommended to do this deliberately.

U

unknown23

Aug 31, 2023
I can only imagine that's it's likely to be different for every person. Looks like it's just a matter of forcefully drinking until the bus comes.

Thank you for the information
My guess is that it's possible to survive with brain damage, since your brain swelling is what kills. Not recommended to do this deliberately.
Of course that's not the outcome I would want, reading everyone's comments is making me realise actually how unpredictable this method would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
T

theEndCH

almost gone.
Aug 29, 2023
I do the opposite currently. I have stopped drinking since a week now.