• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Was anyone else like this? Even before secondary school we had to go to schools to "try out" before getting accepted and at two of them I got hold a tarantula, stick insects (i eventually owned 4) and coral snakes. So much more interesting than people.

BojackHorseman

BojackHorseman

The View From Halfway Down
Feb 8, 2023
Yes! I loved dinosaurs! My dream, that has long sice died, was to be a paleontologist. I absolutely loved the BBC Walking with Dinosaurs and Walking with Prehistoric Beasts.
I dont do spiders or insects, but I do like snakes. I agree, much more interesting than people.

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
LMAO absolutely. My biggest dream was to be a veterinarian or even a zookeeper. I was always the first one to volunteer to hold an animal that was brought into class, read every Zoobook that our library had, watched Meerkat Manor and other shows on Animal Planet, loved all kinds of animal-related book series (Warrior cats was my biggest fav but also Guardians of Ga'Hoole, The Immortals by Tamora Pierce, and the Animorphs series because I LOVED the idea of being able to turn into animals). Had I been born later, I absolutely would have had a friends-and-family intervention out of worry that I'd become a furry.

I had a really idealistic view of animals as peaceful and living in nature, compared to our brutish human civilization... obviously that's bullshit, but as an elementary school student, I ardently believed it. Plus I thought animals were just cool and interesting. My intense interest faded with age but I still love trips to the zoo and learning about animals on a casual basis. Animal abuse still hurts my heart, I can't stand to see an animal in pain.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yes! I loved dinosaurs! My dream, that has long sice died, was to be a paleontologist. I absolutely loved the BBC Walking with Dinosaurs and Walking with Prehistoric Beasts.
I dont do spiders or insects, but I do like snakes. I agree, much more interesting than people.
Have you not seen jumping spiders - they have really cute faces. Some videos on YT show them pretty much attached to their owners which is wild when you think about it. When I watched Friends I seems to click more when he was doing palaeontology stuff lol.
LMAO absolutely. My biggest dream was to be a veterinarian or even a zookeeper. I was always the first one to volunteer to hold an animal that was brought into class, read every Zoobook that our library had, watched Meerkat Manor and other shows on Animal Planet, loved all kinds of animal-related book series (Warrior cats was my biggest fav but also Guardians of Ga'Hoole, The Immortals by Tamora Pierce, and the Animorphs series because I LOVED the idea of being able to turn into animals). Had I been born later, I absolutely would have had a friends-and-family intervention out of worry that I'd become a furry.

I had a really idealistic view of animals as peaceful and living in nature, compared to our brutish human civilization... obviously that's bullshit, but as an elementary school student, I ardently believed it. Plus I thought animals were just cool and interesting. My intense interest faded with age but I still love trips to the zoo and learning about animals on a casual basis. Animal abuse still hurts my heart, I can't stand to see an animal in pain.
I did my work experience in a vet - first time seeing a cat have it tooth yanked out I passed out. After that all seems ok - even went into the surgery and got to see a cat being neutered. Was really interesting. The most ironic thing is that I couldn't take the putting down aspect so if i became a vet that is something I'd have to do for eternity.

It's too hard. Even at the sanctuary the owners (husband and wife) said they don't know me so I can't volunteer. It's either people can't trust others (which I completely understand) or you can't get your foot in the door at all. At that sanctuary I know more about the birds than the people that work there (they have some ring necked parakeets, cockatiels and two Canadian geese). They were shocked how the two of them now allow me to preen and stroke them when for everyone else they aggressively attacked (they were abused before they arrived there).

Last edited:
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yes. I loved animals and prehistoric animals as well. I had all kinds of encyclopedias and liked to learn all the interesting facts. It was clearly a special autistic interest. I got a picture with a giant python around my shoulders from zoo when I was around 8. I was so happy that day.
I wanted to become a zoologist but unfortunately I have dyscalculia and can't do math well so that I couldn't pursue that

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yes. I loved animals and prehistoric animals as well. I had all kinds of encyclopedias and liked to learn all the interesting facts. It was clearly a special autistic interest. I got a picture with a giant python around my shoulders from zoo when I was around 8. I was so happy that day.
I wanted to become a zoologist but unfortunately I have dyscalculia and can't do math well so that I couldn't pursue that
How good is the texture on larger snakes (like pythons). It's smooth but jagged at the same time.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I was into Warrior Cats and I pretended to be a cat. My sister and I role-played as cats. I've always wanted to be a cat instead of a human. I think this is a form of escapism. I've always wanted to escape reality and live in fantasy instead

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I was into Warrior Cats and I pretended to be a cat. My sister and I role-played as cats. I've always wanted to be a cat instead of a human. I think this is a form of escapism. I've always wanted to escape reality and live in fantasy instead
lol. When I watched Jurassic park I wanted to be either a t-Rex or a velociraptor. Reason? "To shred people apart" . I think the toilet scene and clever girl scene sticked in my mind the most haha.
Yeah it's definetly escapism. Movies and video games were the best to get lost into.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I still enjoy putting on YouTube videos with similar subject matter on all the time. Stuff with animals in it usually never feels like learning to me at least.

I also really enjoyed speculative fiction documentaries. Things such as The Future is Wild, Alien Planet, and that one about the dragons are some of my favorite documentaries ever. It's sad that the info and visual effects in those have aged but I think even today they all raise really great imaginative fuel.

As for Dinosaurs, I still love them and I have ever since I was 6. I even held off on CTB once because I was excited to see Jurassic World Dominion. Even though that movie was a little disappointing I'm still excited to see dinosaurs in media wherever they can be found.

vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
When I was very young I was either reading animal fact books, drawing animals, or outside pretending to be an animal. Tigers were my absolute favourite and I was also obsessed with all other felines, canines, and penguins. I was always outdoors and wanted to be a naturalist when I grew up. I sometimes wonder if I would be happier right now had I chosen to study zoology. Unfortunately, I kind of forgot my love for nature as a teenage shut in, but getting back into hiking recently has been one of the only good things in my life as of late.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I still enjoy putting on YouTube videos with similar subject matter on all the time. Stuff with animals in it usually never feels like learning to me at least.

I also really enjoyed speculative fiction documentaries. Things such as The Future is Wild, Alien Planet, and that one about the dragons are some of my favorite documentaries ever. It's sad that the info and visual effects in those have aged but I think even today they all raise really great imaginative fuel.

As for Dinosaurs, I still love them and I have ever since I was 6. I even held off on CTB once because I was excited to see Jurassic World Dominion. Even though that movie was a little disappointing I'm still excited to see dinosaurs in media wherever they can be found.
Same sentiment. It doesn't feel like learning as you said it's just interesting. Want to see a real dinosaur? YouTube the following: shoebilled stork - they even bow. Closest looking living creature today to a dinosaur.

The only scene in dominion that was really really good was with the Therizinosaurus. That scene alone felt like the Buck and Doe ambush from the Lost World. Film itself had too much focus on people and was jumping around all over the place. Highly recommend Jurassic World Evolution 2 on PS4. Park creator game.
When I was very young I was either reading animal fact books, drawing animals, or outside pretending to be an animal. Tigers were my absolute favourite and I was also obsessed with all other felines, canines, and penguins. I was always outdoors and wanted to be a naturalist when I grew up. I sometimes wonder if I would be happier right now had I chosen to study zoology. Unfortunately, I kind of forgot my love for nature as a teenage shut in, but getting back into hiking recently has been one of the only good things in my life as of late.
Yeah same thing but with being a Vet. Did not warm to the aspect of putting animals down. Ironic given the subject matter of this website but it is what it is. Wish I had resources to open a sanctuary but it's just a wish - never going to come true (too much copium lol).

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Absolutely! I grew up without video games for a huge portion of my life, and relied heavily on public television if we were lucky enough to get reception. I have a huge soft spot still for nature and documentaries.

Reactions: Throwawayacc3
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Same sentiment. It doesn't feel like learning as you said it's just interesting. Want to see a real dinosaur? YouTube the following: shoebilled stork - they even bow. Closest looking living creature today to a dinosaur.
Love those guys. They were even in Zelda Skyward Sword.

Highly recommend Jurassic World Evolution 2 on PS4. Park creator game.
I have it on Steam, bought it on Black Friday. I should really get around to playing it more.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Love those guys. They were even in Zelda Skyward Sword.
View attachment 133867

I have it on Steam, bought it on Black Friday. I should really get around to playing it more.
Are you going to "link" me the wolf breed in Twiligjt Princess next? lol. You have the knowledge!
video games nintendo GIF

I got the platinum for both games. Pretty relaxing to play (apart from the challenges especially in 2).

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
restless.dreams

restless.dreams

inactive (see my profile)
Feb 7, 2024
Yes, I was obsessed with dinosaurs lol. I loved reading books about them and going to the natural history museum to look at all the fossils. I watched every Land Before Time movie they had at the local Blockbuster (rip). I wanted to be a paleontologist, or even better, get a time machine and go back to the late Cretaceous so I could ride a triceratops :')

It's been a long time since I felt that pure excitement and joy about anything. I miss that.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Yes, I was obsessed with dinosaurs lol. I loved reading books about them and going to the natural history museum to look at all the fossils. I watched every Land Before Time movie they had at the local Blockbuster (rip). I wanted to be a paleontologist, or even better, get a time machine and go back to the late Cretaceous so I could ride a triceratops :')

It's been a long time since I felt that pure excitement and joy about anything. I miss that.
I used to rent N64 games at my blockbuster lol. Simpler times. Games were actually complete then and competent shipped products. Not now - broken messes with tons of updates injected with political diarrhoea.

Land before time was amazing. Did you see how dark the last episode was of Dinosaurs was? The one with the Jim Henson costumes/animatronics. That and the first two ninja turtle movies were wild.

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Student
Jul 19, 2019
I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. Did anyone have the magazine where you got a part each week to build a trex?
I can remember being at primary school and looking around the playing field for footprints, or imaging a trex coming through the trees and scaring everyone.
I have nightmares every night and one of the themes i have is dinosaurs trying to kill me. Had some truly epic dreams with them in, it's a shame i can't enjoy them at the time haha not read or watched anything to do with them in about 20 years so i imagine they will always be a part of me

Also i can remember a show called nightmares of nature being one of my favourites when i was young. That gave me nightmares too surprisingly haha

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. Did anyone have the magazine where you got a part each week to build a trex?
I can remember being at primary school and looking around the playing field for footprints, or imaging a trex coming through the trees and scaring everyone.
I have nightmares every night and one of the themes i have is dinosaurs trying to kill me. Had some truly epic dreams with them in, it's a shame i can't enjoy them at the time haha not read or watched anything to do with them in about 20 years so i imagine they will always be a part of me

Also i can remember a show called nightmares of nature being one of my favourites when i was young. That gave me nightmares too surprisingly haha
Are you joking??? Do you mean the T rex that was made of plastic flat pieces that slotted together? That took quite a few magazines to compete!

Did you ever play Dino Crisis? I found it easier than resident evil when I young. The zombies moaning were way worse than the raptors lol.

Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Student
Jul 19, 2019
my post was all serious And yes that was the magazine i was on about, i actually found them in my garage last night after reading your post! Never completed the model, i can remember i had about 2 parts left and i was gutted when my parents stopped buying it for me.
Really wanted a dinosaur nightmare last night but no luck unfortunately haha
I never played dino crisis either though looking it up now i wish i had. The only dinosaur game i can remember playing was a Jurassic park one

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
my post was all serious And yes that was the magazine i was on about, i actually found them in my garage last night after reading your post! Never completed the model, i can remember i had about 2 parts left and i was gutted when my parents stopped buying it for me.
Really wanted a dinosaur nightmare last night but no luck unfortunately haha
I never played dino crisis either though looking it up now i wish i had. The only dinosaur game i can remember playing was a Jurassic park one
Sorry. That's my masking from decades. Meant to be excitement response.

Yeah I managed to complete it. Did you also get the robot one? It looked like a wood louse and you got all the circuitry and pieces for it.

Did you play Trespasser on PC? operation genesis? The newest park building game is Jurassic World Evolution 2 which is really good.