• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Stuck- the guilt of leaving or the pain of staying
Nov 8, 2019
Hi all,

Using the Outlook office app on a computer, it's very easy to set up a delayed e-mail to be sent at a later time and date.

I have just done a test of sending myself a delayed e-mail as it is part of my CTB plans. I have noticed that the Outlook app must be opened when the e-mail is due to be sent otherwise it will wait until the next time the app run.

In other words, if you plan to send a delayed e-mail via Outlook after you CTB, you need to make sure that your Outlook application is still running.

For me, I will set the e-mail to be sent the afternoon after the date you plan to CTB, and turn any sleep/hibernate settings off on my PC and leave it running while I ctb.

(I would just like to add this is being done on a PC that has never accessed SS or looked into SN etc.)

Reactions: voyager, Ame, angele and 5 others
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
In other words, if you plan to send a delayed e-mail via Outlook after you CTB, you need to make sure that your Outlook application is still running.

That's true. If you want to make sure it will be sent, I would used a server-based email scheduler such as the Gmail web app. Too many things can go wrong if you rely on your own computer, like loss of power, loss of internet connectivity, hardware failure, OS crash, rebooting during Windows 10 automatic update, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112, autumnal, voyager and 4 others
Time

Time

Looking to leave.
Nov 10, 2019
I've been trying the Time Cave site & it's worked so far. But I plan on doing a factory reset when I ctb so I'm thinking/hoping that it should still be fine.
That's true. If you want to make sure it will be sent, I would used a server-based email scheduler such as the Gmail web app. Too many things can go wrong if you rely on your own computer, like loss of power, loss of internet connectivity, hardware failure, OS crash, rebooting during Windows 10 automatic update, etc.

Great name & avatar BTW. :ahhha:

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112 and ArtVandelay
AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019

Have just tested gmail, and according to gmail it sent but the recipient address didn't receive it

A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
Have just tested gmail, and according to gmail it sent but the recipient address didn't receive it

Maybe check spam folder? I've scheduled emails with Gmail more times than I can count and it's always worked. Anyway there are other online services you can use, but I can't vouch for them.

AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019
Maybe check spam folder? I've scheduled emails with Gmail more times than I can count and it's always worked. Anyway there are other online services you can use, but I can't vouch for them.

Nope. Checked spam folders and made sure the email was correct, nothing. Am trying again with another email but even if it works, not feeling very confident. Thanks anyway

Edit: It was sent to Spam, just for whatever reason wouldn't update. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

Using the Outlook office app on a computer, it's very easy to set up a delayed e-mail to be sent at a later time and date.

I have just done a test of sending myself a delayed e-mail as it is part of my CTB plans. I have noticed that the Outlook app must be opened when the e-mail is due to be sent otherwise it will wait until the next time the app run.

For me, I will set the e-mail to be sent the afternoon after the date you plan to CTB, and turn any sleep/hibernate settings off on my PC and leave it running while I ctb.

(I would just like to add this is being done on a PC that has never accessed SS or looked into SN etc.)
Thanks for letting us know. Is that the local copy of Outlook then on your PC? I wonder if it is the same if you used the web version.

AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for letting us know. Is that the local copy of Outlook then on your PC? I wonder if it is the same if you used the web version.

Yes, local application on the PC and AFAIK the web-app version doesn't have this feature.

Gmail does to the job but I'm just trying to figure out a way to get past their spam filters as each email I seem to be sending as a test is being sent straight to spam.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Yes, local application on the PC and AFAIK the web-app version doesn't have this feature.

Gmail does to the job but I'm just trying to figure out a way to get past their spam filters as each email I seem to be sending as a test is being sent straight to spam.

Contact Google and let them know about the going to spam problem.
Maybe having the email address as a contact for the receiver account will get it past spam.

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112 and AnxiouslyDepressed
AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019

Thanks, hopefully someone else can use that as good info. I'm going to go with the gmail one, seems to be solid, have included more detail in a test email and it passed the spam filter

• Hugs
Reactions: Hendrik and NickStanfield
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
Asta
could it also been delayed canceld?
for examble you survive and want get stopped the job of delivering.

AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019
Asta
could it also been delayed canceld?
for examble you survive and want get stopped the job of delivering.

With gmail and outlook, yes, but unsure about the others services

Reactions: GerMann
NickStanfield

NickStanfield

Nov 12, 2019
Thanks, hopefully someone else can use that as good info. I'm going to go with the gmail one, seems to be solid, have included more detail in a test email and it passed the spam filter
Thank you... And if tonight is the night for you, I'm wishing for you a peaceful journey and an easy passing...

Reactions: Time
AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Nov 8, 2019
What details did you add that got it past the spam filter?

My first test was a simple one line, the second third and fourth were given a proper Subject Title and the contents of the email were long, guess the email provider just didn't like the one liner lol... The person who the email is intended for really should check their spam anyway, i've asked them too (not getting into what i told them but have gave fair warning that i can't use my phone for much longer and will be in touch through email)

Reactions: voyager and sleepy dog
A

ArtVandelay

Experienced
Apr 15, 2019
@AnxiouslyDepressed Another way to prevent it from going to spam is for the recipient to save your email address to their contacts/address book ahead of time. This way it will always show up in the inbox, even if detected as spam for being too short or other reasons.

Reactions: AnxiouslyDepressed