Arvinneedstodie

Arvinneedstodie

Existing is not living
Sep 17, 2018
All news are reporting that Russia has now started striking Ukraine. We're truly living in a very unstable and uncertain time right now. Anyone else here paying close attention to what's happening?

Btw, is anyone here from Ukraine? How are you doing? What's going on? As useless as I am is there anything I can do to help you?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, Kristicide, waitingforrest and 13 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
sad studio ghibli GIF
sad emoji GIF

• Love
Reactions: Susannah and Arvinneedstodie
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Kristicide, NumbItAll and 4 others
A

Alpha_Drama

Feb 7, 2020
Oh well. Got nothing to defend myself. SN at the ready if they come.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Depressed Cat, miserableforever, Kristicide and 7 others
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Please land the nukes close to me so I'm vaporized instantly, Mr Putin 🙃

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Susannah, ShornSoloists, Rogue Proxy and 8 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I wonder how many civilians Putin will get away with killing & how much territory the West will let him annex. It looks like nobody gives a shit if Ukraine ends up being a landlocked country.

• Hmph!
Reactions: WitheringAway, Depressed Cat, Sunset Limited and 7 others
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Hey, whatever happens, its been a pleasure posting with you fellow sad sacks.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: WitheringAway, veryhappyhuman, Disappointered and 9 others
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I'm worried right now. Nobody needs a war. It will only bring misery and i trully fear the consequences (not only war and humanitary drama).

I really wish that this could be solved peacifully (in any direction). I wish the best of lucks for ucrainians. They'll need it

Reactions: Depressed Cat, Buffy5120, forgotten15 and 4 others
Arya_AM

Arya_AM

Mage
Feb 20, 2022
What is the war based on? I couldn't figure out why exactly they are attacking... Like what is their excuse

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg

Experienced
Nov 6, 2021
From my knowleadge Putin officaially claim that separatistic republics are independent and that he will send forces to protect this republics from Ukraine . This is totall bulshit just a reason for him to officially enter east part of ukraine.
I'm from Poland i literally live near ukraine border 800 km. We are not officially panicked yet but unofficially we are scared as fuck as civilians. Our country has no plan and no strong militarny forces. We are based only on NATO and USA help. If Putin somehow in some mad way want to create something like soviet union we are doomed as a nation and we know that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Kristicide, Ringo and 10 others
ncmxm

ncmxm

Experienced
Jun 9, 2021
I'm from Belarus, I come from a city close to the Ukrainian border

I'm tired and scared, everyone is scared obviously

This has turned my desire to ctb up to 11 ahahaha

I just can't cope

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, nothing123, Kristicide and 19 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm mainly worried that China will use this as a chance to attack Taiwan while the West is busy with Ukraine though it's sad what's happening over there too.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit, Arvinneedstodie, Susannah and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Hey, whatever happens, its been a pleasure posting with you fellow sad sacks.

Nothing's gonna happen to those of us who don't live in Ukraine... Putin is a vicious bastard, but he's not completely deranged. No NATO country is going to send troops to Ukraine.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit, Panna, Grey-zoner and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's so sad at this day and age for humans to still kill humans, look at the total American death toll in the Middle East. Nearly 20 thousand mainly 21 year olds with dreams, now dead, or without limbs, that's what war does, they are dying to start a world war 3 in Europe it's always Europe. This time if it happens I will run away for sure as soon as the boots hit France if it comes to that hopefully praying it won't.

Reactions: Buffy5120, Arvinneedstodie and Susannah
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
because of these tyrants who rule the world, innocent families must always die.
I hope Putin pays for what he did.

• Love
Reactions: Depressed Cat, miserableforever, Kristicide and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
What is the war based on? I couldn't figure out why exactly they are attacking... Like what is their excuse
Best I understand, in the eastern part of the Ukraine, there are separatists and Russian sympathizers who want to break away from the Ukraine and become independent with the support of Russia.

I could be way off on this, but I watched a meeting of Putin and other Russian officials, and that's basically what the subtitles said (I don't speak Russian, so had to go off of the subtitles.)

Reactions: Disappointered, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Arya_AM
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Fuck Putin and his sympathizers.

Reactions: Depressed Cat, Kristicide, forgotten15 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Putin, all points that way downed a Malaysian jet plane with 300 souls onboard over that region they are now fighting again. Nothing was done. I still remember looking at a barbie girl burned from one of the children passengers. 3000 souls died for nothing, no one took to court by the EU. If it was an American carrier they would all be in jail. There are even images of them rushing the míssil truck and hiding him back to Russia.

Reactions: NumbItAll and Depressed Cat
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Btw, is anyone here from Ukraine? How are you doing?
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Sorry about this, thanks for asking actually. Nothing funny about the situation, but I just spent about an hour and a half in an ATM line exchanging super morbid jokes with a guy standing in front of me, and it's a very surreal feeling.
What's going on?
As far as I know there were multiple missile blasts, there are a few civilian casualties. One was close enough to wake me up this morning and it feels unreal because things were relatively normal yesterday... People are panicking, emptying supermarkets, traffic is insane you pretty much can't get anywhere, as I mentioned there was a 1.5 hour line for cash withdrawal and I didn't make it - it ran out on me, one of my credit cards became completely unusable for an unclear reason, I wasn't able to get my prescription meds because there is total chaos at the chemist, I was turned down as a non-emergency at a hospital as well, no one really understands what is going on or what is going to happen next, and to make things worse there was barely any cellphone connection and no Internet up to this point. But thankfully no corpses on the streets and we aren't being bombed at the moment. Yet. But still not a great morning.
s useless as I am is there anything I can do to help you?
I'd really appreciate any reasonable suggestions on what should I do now, as I cannot think straight at all.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: veryhappyhuman, Élégie, Depressed Cat and 13 others
onleana

onleana

we'll meet again
Nov 19, 2021
i live in Poland, next to Ukraine. i'm trying to buy sn asap. if russia attacks us i'm catching that bus

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Depressed Cat, miserableforever and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Nessie I read Russia conducted a major cyber offensive. Credit cards probably won't work for a few days until the network is up and running again.

If I were you, I would try to cover your windows, at least with blankets or sheets. If you can hear blasts, they are relatively close, and you don't want the window shattering and glass everywhere. The sheets will stop the glass from going all over the house.

You also should try to stock up on water. Use 5 gallon buckets if you can, if not, fill up the bathtub.

Reactions: WitheringAway, Disappointered, Depressed Cat and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My hope is that this doesn't spread to other regions but I fear the worst. Putin is getting older and wants to go down in the history books as a great and expansionist leader. Then there's the alliance with China. They have already said they want Russia's help in taking back Taiwan.

As always it's a domino effect and a case of who you're pals with. That's the worrisome part. Knowing how ambitious Russia and China are, and how little they care for human rights is what concerns me. This is going to get out of control very quickly.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Depressed Cat, onleana, Kristicide and 7 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I feel that the only way to solve this is for Ukraine to accept its balkanization, it seems that the other countries are treating this issue with tweezers since nobody wants this war to escalate even more.

Also, a group of Venezuelan Youtubers came up with the "brilliant idea" of recording and making videos in the war zones in Ukraine, in a demonstration of "reckless courage", I hope that the idiocy they committed does not cost them their lives
I will be publishing material that serves to understand the scale of this conflict
View attachment 164570726075.mp4
Ukrainian military base in Meritipol, Zaporozia, destroyed by Russia
View attachment 164570743812.mp4
Bombing of Kiev
A Russian helicopter was shot down outside Kiev

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Disappointered, Depressed Cat, onleana and 6 others
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I'd really appreciate any reasonable suggestions on what should I do now, as I cannot think straight at all.

Stay away from potential targets, and try to keep calm if possible. Don't make any rash decisions. After initial panic settles down, you will be able to think straight again.

Last edited:
Reactions: WitheringAway, Depressed Cat and Arvinneedstodie
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Ukrainian military transport plane shot down today. Of its 14 members, 5 died
View attachment 164570277943.mp4
Russian planes continue to fly over the Kiev region. The capital may fall today or tomorrow
View attachment 164570251855.mp4
View attachment 164570254829.mp4
Images of a destroyed Russian tank. First Russian casualties
View attachment 164570216392.mp4
Ukraine closes the entrances and exits to and from Kiev. The capital is isolated
View attachment 164570167623.mp4
The Ukrainian intelligence services are burning all their documents before leaving Kiev.
View attachment 164570092176.mp4
The Russian flag is raised over Khakova, Ukraine
if russia attacks us i'm catching that bus
It would be quite a risky act if Russia invaded Ukraine, it would escalate, I don't think Russia would do something like that as the consequences would be quite big
You have the possibility of fleeing to a neighboring country, it is what I would consider in my situation, the best thing is to gather supplies and find a safe place
A B52 flying over Poland

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Depressed Cat, onleana, Dead Meat and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Best I understand, in the eastern part of the Ukraine, there are separatists and Russian sympathizers who want to break away from the Ukraine and become independent with the support of Russia.
I could be way off on this, but I watched a meeting of Putin and other Russian officials, and that's basically what the subtitles said

Putin wants to install a pro-Russian leader in Ukraine & probably openly annex some more territory. Most Russians & their current Tsar don't see Ukrainians as a separate ethnic group & Ukraine as separate from Russia. Unfortunately, Ukraine is a deeply divided country: Russians make up almost 20 % of the population & many ethnic Ukrainians (especially in the heavily Russified eastern & southern regions) speak Russian as their first language, vote for pro-Russian politicians & don't want to join the EU, much less NATO. Both the pro-Western & the pro-Russian elites are corrupt af & they've bled Ukraine dry. It was the poorest country in Europe in 2020 despite the fact that it was the fifth largest exporter of wheat in the world.

• Informative
Reactions: Depressed Cat, DeutscheKartoffel, Grey-zoner and 3 others
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I feel like I'm missing something.

I guess I don't think of NATO or the US as necessarily better than Russia, and Ukraine is in the position of having to be subservient to one faction or the other. (I'm American for the record.)

And I see why some Russian loyalists in Ukraine say that the borders formed at the dissolution of the USSR were kind of arbitrary and left lots of loyal Russians under the boot of regimes they didn't identify with or support.

The fact that war is happening is disturbing and saddening. I didn't expect it and am disappointed that this is the priority and the method of the Russian government right now, with so many other problems they could be addressing. But I also know a lot of people saying how awful Putin is for war-mongering would support wars of liberation if it were the guys they were rooting for who wanted independence from a country they didn't feel a part of.

What I do know is that in my country this is going to unleash a sort of Cold War style frenzy where everyone who doesn't performatively scream about their hatred of Russia will be demonized and seen as deeply suspect. So I'm not looking forward to that.

At any rate I don't feel closely connected enough personally or intellectually to this conflict to really have a solid perspective on anything. My sympathies to anyone who is directly affected by all this.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Disappointered, Depressed Cat, DeutscheKartoffel and 4 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
But I also know a lot of people saying how awful Putin is for war-mongering would support wars of liberation if it were the guys they were rooting for who wanted independence from a country they didn't feel a part of.

What I do know is that in my country this is going to unleash a sort of Cold War style frenzy where everyone who doesn't performatively scream about their hatred of Russia and wave their American flags will be demonized and seen as deeply suspect. So I'm not looking forward to that.

I know what you mean, but a full-scale invasion of the second largest European country is clearly not a war of liberation. Putin doesn't want to save the Russians of eastern Ukraine, he wants to topple the Ukrainian government & install a pro-Russian puppet regime. I know your exceptional(ly hypocritical) country has pulled that crap more than once, but it's still horrifying...

Reactions: Depressed Cat, demuic, Grey-zoner and 1 other person
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I know what you mean, but a full-scale invasion of the second largest European country is clearly not a war of liberation. Putin doesn't want to save the Russians of eastern Ukraine, he wants to topple the Ukrainian government & install a pro-Russian puppet regime. I know your exceptional(ly hypocritical) country has pulled that crap more than once, but it's still horrifying...
Yeah, I just feel like Russia's going to incorporate the Russian-populated part of Ukraine and the US isn't going to stop until every person is Western Ukraine is eating Big Macs with BLM fists and rainbow flags on them. I'm completely pessimistic about the possibility of Ukraine just being Ukrainian.