All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you will realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality are merely pain, suffering and futility. Listen, everywhere you look in this world, wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiates wars. And hatred is born in order to protect love. They are nexuses, causal relationships, that cannot be seperated.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, FuneralCry, Skathon and 4 others
aWishNotTrue

aWishNotTrue

‏‏‎ ‎
Apr 5, 2021
What's worse is that humans are naturally and biologically empathetic. That to some degree, as we have evolved and progressed as a species, empathy was coded into our genes to bring further biologically prosperity. To do evil to your common man is to defy thousands of years of evolution and social progress. Even if moral and ethical problems are artificially constructed, the root visceral empathetic feeling of pain is not.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
What's worse is that humans are naturally and biologically empathetic. That to some degree, as we have evolved and progressed as a species, empathy was coded into our genes to bring further biologically prosperity. To do evil to your common man is to defy thousands of years of evolution and social progress. Even if moral and ethical problems are artificially constructed, the root visceral empathetic feeling of pain is not.
Are they? I must be living in a different universe then.

Reactions: motel rooms
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
We're also naturally selfish & aggressive. We're a mess of contradictory impulses

Last edited:
Reactions: Élégie and demuic
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.
The more I live, the more I think this world really sucks.

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
this is a Madara quote isn't it

Reactions: Skathon and All Things Must Pass
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yep, the older ive gotten the more i hate the world.

Reactions: FuneralCry and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
We're also naturally selfish & aggressive. We're a mess of contradictory impulses
Yes, there's the "good" and the "bad." Some people are born psychopathic while others seem to have an excess of empathy to balance things out.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, even if there is some enjoyment in this life it doesn't make up for the pain and suffering we endure. The worst part is that we have no control over it and there is no limit to how bad it can get. At least we have control over when we die to make up for being brought into this world without our permission.

Reactions: demuic and Skathon
L

LansJ70

Student
May 3, 2021
I don't think we are naturally or biologically empathetic. Maybe one day we might evolve to be so, but we are still driven by the animal brain of survival, and that means if there is some food and water, I want it so I can survive instead of you. Sadly that is the animal kingdom, we can't even share a concept like money, never mind the necessities of life, so that some people don't have to go to a food bank to feed their kids, while others throw it way building space rockets for billionaires.

DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
i watched an episode of surviving death last night, death is waking up to new reality.. I'm not that afraid of staring it anymore