• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you for abortion

• Yes

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Results

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I recently saw something in the news about cities in Texas trying to pass travel bans for abortions and some counties have already succeeded (like Lubbock County back in Oct. 2023). It's a weird line because they legally can't penalize pregnant women or jail them for it, but from my understanding, the law will open the door for lawsuits to people who help pregnant women travel to get an abortion.

I'm sure a lot of people here are anti-natalists so the replies I get might echo that but I want to know what everyone's view is on this topic.

Personally, I'm for abortion because I believe the adoption system is the only alternative and I believe it is worse for the child than not being born, or being born to parents who cannot take proper care of the child.

Feel free to participate or not participate in the poll, I just added it for fun.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
I personally am pro-choice when it comes to abortion. It prevents people who aren't ready to become parents from becoming parents, it's a better option in comaprison to giving a child up for adoption (I remember a Youtube comment phrasing this best by saying that "adoption is an alternative to parenthood, not pregnancy"), keeps "potential children" from having to be born and forced to suffer from the responsibilities and hardships of this world, keeps those who are afab from suffering for 9 months for a baby they don't want, keeps rape and incest victims from having to suffer more than they already have, etc.

Plus, making abortion illegal doesn't even lower the amount of abortions that happen. It just causes pregnant people to seek out more dangerous diy abortion methods instead.

Abortion is a reproductive right and it's something that helps to prevent a lot of unneeded suffering for both the pregnant person and the fetus.

Reactions: sserafim
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I behave pretty much as a prochoice person pretty early on in the pregnancy. And I'm pretty pro-baby's rights right before somebody's about to give birth.

We've failed to talk about the reality of pregnancy. We wont sit down with carnage stages and embryonic development and say when does the neural tube and the neural crest form and what is the richness of neural activity and all these kind of things that matter to me. Instead we're gonna try to talk to each other, pro-life no pro choice. Lets let somebody else do it.

When abortions that are done in this country is when the fetus isn't even really fully formed, it doesn't have a central nervous system. It's not capable of thinking, feeling or forming relationships.
As long as such a procedure is done at a stage brain and nervous system are formed and functioning and before that point its simply not a living, thinking human being anymore than a section of my skin that was removed and kept alive would be considered a living, thinking human being. However I don't think that abortion should be used as a form of contraception in any way, shape or form.

Sperm have the potential of creating life, too.

So no, it is not evil. (And also people should have the right to choose evil). And killing people isn't even necessarily evil. It just depends on who you are. Thats really a question that's dependent on the human being. I'm not against killing in all situations. I prefer not kill people because I don't want anybody to kill me but then again situations arise where if I did something maybe I deserve to be killed.
If men were the ones getting abortions then there would be no debate :p

restless.dreams

restless.dreams

Member (she/her)
Feb 7, 2024
I'm strongly pro-choice. To me, it's a matter of personal autonomy, and a medical decision that should be between the individual and their doctor. As @EvisceratedJester pointed out, anti-abortion laws don't even prevent abortions, they just cause more harm and suffering.
Yup.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
I personally am pro-choice when it comes to abortion. It prevents people who aren't ready to become parents from becoming parents, it's a better option in comaprison to giving a child up for adoption (I remember a Youtube comment phrasing this best by saying that "adoption is an alternative to parenthood, not pregnancy"), keeps "potential children" from having to be born and forced to suffer from the responsibilities and hardships of this world, keeps those who are afab from suffering for 9 months for a baby they don't want, keeps rape and incest victims from having to suffer more than they already have, etc.

Plus, making abortion illegal doesn't even lower the amount of abortions that happen. It just causes pregnant people to seek out more dangerous diy abortion methods instead.

Abortion is a reproductive right and it's something that helps to prevent a lot of unneeded suffering for both the pregnant person and the fetus.
I agree. I knew someone who had to go into the foster system and it was terrible for them. They hated it and were mistreated by multiple families. They finally got adopted by a caring family but it shows the issue with adoption and fostering and has only strengthened my stance that abortion is better.

It's terrible that people have to try alternatives to abortion or very unsafe DIY methods as the only other options are have the baby, or drive many hours to get an abortion out of state and that just isn't feasible for some people.
I behave pretty much as a prochoice person pretty early on in the pregnancy. And I'm pretty pro-baby's rights right before somebody's about to give birth.

We've failed to talk about the reality of pregnancy. We wont sit down with carnage stages and embryonic development and say when does the neural tube and the neural crest form and what is the richness of neural activity and all these kind of things that matter to me. Instead we're gonna try to talk to each other, pro-life no pro choice. Lets let somebody else do it.

When abortions that are done in this country is when the fetus isn't even really fully formed, it doesn't have a central nervous system. It's not capable of thinking, feeling or forming relationships.
As long as such a procedure is done at a stage brain and nervous system are formed and functioning and before that point its simply not a living, thinking human being anymore than a section of my skin that was removed and kept alive would be considered a living, thinking human being. However I don't think that abortion should be used as a form of contraception in any way, shape or form.

Sperm have the potential of creating life, too.

So no, it is not evil. (And also people should have the right to choose evil). And killing people isn't even necessarily evil. It just depends on who you are. Thats really a question that's dependent on the human being. I'm not against killing in all situations. I prefer not kill people because I don't want anybody to kill me but then again situations arise where if I did something maybe I deserve to be killed.
I am essentially pro-choice up until the fetus develops consciousness (debated upon but it seems the general consensus is around 22 weeks, or around 5 months. I was born very premature, about 3 1/2 months premature and I was able to survive (albeit with a lot of medical assistance) and I'm completely healthy, physically speaking.

I do agree that it shouldn't be used as contraception. I will say, I think it's okay if two adults had intercourse and they used protection and it failed. I believe in that case, they did try to use other forms of contraceptives and it failed.

I wholeheartedly agree, it feels like less of a "care about the baby" thing and much more a "control women's bodily autonomy" thing.

I'm strongly pro-choice. To me, it's a matter of personal autonomy, and a medical decision that should be between the individual and their doctor. As @EvisceratedJester pointed out, anti-abortion laws don't even prevent abortions, they just cause more harm and suffering.
I agree. I'm pro-choice which seems very against the grain in my area. My family are pro-life nutcases (not solely because of that, there's a lot behind it). Hell, my aunt believed and probably still believes that California is allowing people to kill babies up to 1 week old 🤦‍♂️

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I agree. I knew someone who had to go into the foster system and it was terrible for them. They hated it and were mistreated by multiple families. They finally got adopted by a caring family but it shows the issue with adoption and fostering and has only strengthened my stance that abortion is better.

It's terrible that people have to try alternatives to abortion or very unsafe DIY methods as the only other options are have the baby, or drive many hours to get an abortion out of state and that just isn't feasible for some people.

I am essentially pro-choice up until the fetus develops consciousness (debated upon but it seems the general consensus is around 22 weeks, or around 5 months. I was born very premature, about 3 1/2 months premature and I was able to survive (albeit with a lot of medical assistance) and I'm completely healthy, physically speaking.

I do agree that it shouldn't be used as contraception. I will say, I think it's okay if two adults had intercourse and they used protection and it failed. I believe in that case, they did try to use other forms of contraceptives and it failed.

I wholeheartedly agree, it feels like less of a "care about the baby" thing and much more a "control women's bodily autonomy" thing.

I agree. I'm pro-choice which seems very against the grain in my area. My family are pro-life nutcases (not solely because of that, there's a lot behind it). Hell, my aunt believed and probably still believes that California is allowing people to kill babies up to 1 week old 🤦‍♂️
If I remember correctly, there's a good book called "An Orphan or an Abortion"

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'm pro-choice and believe that abortion should be legal. People should have the ability to choose what is done with their bodies. Banning abortion undermines women's bodily autonomy, freedom, and reproductive rights. Conservatives are mainly against abortion because they say that "embryos are babies" and they believe that "all life is sacred" but they don't care about the child actually having a good quality of life, they just want it to be born and live.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I'm pro-choice and believe that abortion should be legal. People should have the ability to choose what is done with their bodies. Banning abortion undermines women's bodily autonomy and rights. Conservatives are mainly against abortion because they say that "embryos are babies" and they believe that "all life is sacred" but they don't care about the child actually having a good quality of life, they just want it to be born and live.
They say that all life is sacred until you forfeit it and support the death penalty. Personally, I find that a little ironic on their part.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I am pro-choice and often wish I was aborted.

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
Yeah, I'm for it. Its a good eugenic tool and the fetus can't really be considered human

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I know we have a lot of pro choice people here but I didn't know it was this high. I do agree that it should be a human right. It's illegal here, and there's a high percent of women dying in hospitals from complications cos of they can't abort the fetus that might not even be viable in the first place.