Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
SS,

For more than a year the image of my partner jumping has pervaded my imagination and memory to the point of obsession. Everyday I think of her jump, the lead up to it (she spoke to me minutes before) and the actual performance -- witnessed by a driver right behind her. She drove up to a bridge on a freeway, stopped and ran out of the car to jump over train tracks in this city. I've been described her death (the first adjective was gruesome) vividly due to the relations we have with the police.

I'm looking for videos of jumps. They are very common, yet they don't quite get at the essence of the jump. The closest was the japanese girl who committed suicide due to viewers of her stream pressuring her. That was a terrible thing but the actual video of the act was so close in the emotional content of the last moments on the threshold. I can't possibly ask for a phenomenological description of suicide -- this may be impossible -- but something that can be reduced to a point that can be close to such a description.

Gerard.

• Hugs
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: K-O, sadworld, Quinlor and 2 others
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
I'm bumping this just once. I use to know a lot of sites that had a large catalogue of these type of videos but they have been defunct for a decade at least. I've come across a couple of sites but I'm interested in a narrative leading up to the act of ctb as well. Charon's Boat use to comment on the story of the death before the photo or video.

Anyway, love the community. Thanks for your help.