• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
basic, everything

details?
-self esteem issues
-body dysphoria, every time i look in the mirror someone different is looking back
-gender body dysphoria (i think it would be called) im not trans, being male would be more uncomfortable but being female doesnt register with me either....im not even so sure its that but im not 100% sure what it is
- a lot of bad sexual interactions

and i think that sums up everything, if youll read the last lne in the OP youll see where i made a reference to the last reason listed. its given me ptsd. and just about every other interaction in my past left me with cptsd. i cant help but remember stuff :(
Sorry about that OP.
I'm not your therapist but it seems to be closely related to your trauma
BD is the phobia of being ugly and/or deformed tbh

Reactions: adam&eve
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Thanks. Now the other story is convincing my mom to let me drive that distance. She already doesn't think I have one and said she doubts it :\

Ahh invalidation is so lovely.

I kind of hate mothers..

Reactions: Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Ahh invalidation is so lovely.

I kind of hate mothers..
Yeah it's pretty annoying. I'm still gonna try to go. I also think my lack of eating and keto diet is affecting my period (TMI) because this is my 2nd one this month

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
BD is the phobia of being ugly and/or deformed tbh
As someone with multiple phobias I can say that this information isn't accurate. And I have never even read that any where's once in my hours of research and would love to know where you got it.

It's not a phobia it's a mental condition.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I've read that in my native language, and I perfectly agree with your article...

Plus I've spoken about that for hours with my former therapist

Body Dysmorphic Disorder is also called Dysmopho Phobia. A phobia is a mental condition.

Now I stop responding because I've made you upset

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
I've read that in my native language, and I perfectly agree with your article...

Plus I've spoken about that for hours with my former therapist

Body Dysmorphic Disorder is also called Dysmopho Phobia. A phobia is a mental condition.

Now I stop responding because I've made you upset
Oh no you haven't made me upset, I was just confused where you got the info. Sorry if it seemed that way, I was just waking up from a bad night.

Phobias feel different. When I'm dealing with my phobias it's just screaming and blind fear. Unless I'm at a distance from it then it's a calm "get that away from me" I can see how it can turn into a phobia if you start obsessing over it however but I try not to (failing to the point where I'd repeatidly brush my hair while on phone calls because somehow in my mind they could see me lol I hope he doesn't read that lol) umm... I guess the best way to put it is I am scared of it yes so in that sense maybe it can classify as a phobia but it's more of a visual thing where my body just doesn't look right