• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Fango

with his arms outstretched
Dec 17, 2020
I've always eaten meat and food derived from animals without any problem, but when I discovered what I was putting in my mouth I felt weird. I've been disgustingly empathetic since I was a child. Just the thought of an animal suffering would make me cry mad. My parents and all my family knew that.
When I asked them if I could stop eating meat they went crazy. I'm not telling you all the story, it's pretty obvious. I don't like to fight with them because I'm never winnig anyway, but everytime I eat meat I feel bad.
At this point I don't care about animals anymore, I just don't understand people who despise vegans/vegetarians. I know, it's easy to eat a good hamburger, but I'm absolutely sure that the 99% of them would never be able to kill an animal.
I just understand how this damn world works. How can the others not turn crazy living here?

UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
I dont want start a flame here but...
I prefer meat. Of course served with vegetables and a nice salsa.
We are omni vores. We humans eat both. Meat and green stuff...
It is not healty for your system if you dont eat meat proteins + fat.
And you cant substitute meat with some kind of pills or fluids.

Most people I know who dont eat meat have a weaker appearance.
Like pale skin, thinner, weaker when sick with whatever.

Dwdwdw

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I've eaten meat growing up.
Me and my parents never talk about it and I never knew.

I only started becoming educated about what I'm eating 5 years ago.

though recent years I'm mostly switching on and off between omnivore , pescatarian and vegetarian. But I'm mostly a omnivore, since I'm not disciplined and that I'm losing a little bit of empathy day by day, but recently back to omnivore, I just can't seem to get it under control when I'm especially suicidal or depressed. Im basically a selfish person who doesn't care about anything or anyone in my final days. Even though I knew sticking to a different diet would make an impact, I chose not to do it.

Would I kill a lamb or cattle or pig myself? No.
Will I eat them? Yes.

TLDR:
I have issues with self discipline, and I consume animal protein(red meat or chicken) especially when I'm depressed or suicidal, its kind of passive aggressive behaviour even though I know I'm betraying my own values beliefs, and losing empathy.
I was never truly away from omnivore diet because I have issues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I was the kid who loved my veggies !
But, Noooooooo real men eat meat snort snort oink.
So i hear you on the conflict.
Spent a few years living on my garden in the warm season, radishes are awesome.
I ran out of energy though. It still seems more expensive to eat vegetarian though.
Am i imagining that ?

I do the shake routine from time to time though and tend to feel better.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I love soya meat and usually try to replace it as meat the best I can, I also switched from cows milk to almond milk. Now I can't even stand the smell of milk. I don't eat pork. I'm an agnostic, but was raised in a church that doesn't allow eating pork or any type of shellfish. So I dunno what it tastes like. People often say I dunno what I'm missing. But I never tried it so my body refuses even the smell of it also. I do wish I turn completely vegan. Cause I love animals. Guess it's a slow process for me to be one, if I last that long.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I understand you...I love animals a lot (a lot more than humans even).
I could only kill an animal in a survival scenario and even then I'd most likely give up since I don't want to live anyway.

I've been vegetarian since the age of 6 and I've had phases in which I was vegan.
I eventually stopped but only because I managed to starve myself (not related to diet though) and wanted to gain weight again. Now I'm a veggie again.

I think there are wonderful alternatives to meat/milk out there and if you don't go for any "bigger" brands they're even getting more inexpensive by the year.
The only thing you can't get on a plant-based diet is B12 (which is even hard to get through meat because of the living conditions of most factory farmed cattle) but there are vitamin tablets or drops for that.

You can't really argue with people who have made their minds up regarding there way of eating but being forced to eat meat is although not right to me.
Maybe start preparing food for yourself? Or leave out the Meat every time...they can't force you to eat stuff you don't like? Would they force you to eat "carrots" (or anything else) if you absolutely despised them?
Hopefully you find a solution!

Last edited:
F

Fango

Dec 17, 2020

View attachment 55826
You're right. I know we need meat for our health but I can't help feeling bad when I eat it.
It's not difficult to actually consuming it, especially in front of my parents. I don't have the urge to throw up or something. The real problem is that I feel embarrassed and a bad person for everything I do and I thought that stop hurting animals would make me a better person. Anyway, you don't have to reply to this

• Hugs
Reactions: UiopQwerty
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Hmmm... I am not sure, I don't eat a lot of meat, but still, to those giving this idea an approach, I'd say go for it.
To each their own, I won't judge really.
But personally - No experience. Sorry to dissappoint!
I must admit that watching animals die... It is in fact the cruelty of all living things and nature being a b word.

Reactions: Fango
F

Fango

Dec 17, 2020
I understand you...I love animals a lot (a lot more than humans even).
I could only kill an animal in a survival scenario and even then I'd most likely give up since I don't want to live anyway.

I've been vegetarian since the age of 6 and I've had phases in which I was vegan.
I eventually stopped but only because I managed to starve myself (not related to diet though) and wanted to gain weight again. Now I'm a veggie again.

I think there are wonderful alternatives to meat/milk out there and if you don't go for any "bigger" brands they're even getting more inexpensive by the year.
The only thing you can't get on a plant-based diet is B12 (which is even hard to get through meat because of the living conditions of most factory farmed cattle) but there are vitamin tablets or drops for that.

You can't really argue with people who have made their minds up regarding there way of eating but being forced to eat meat is although not right to me.
Maybe start preparing food for yourself? Or leave out the Meat every time...they can't force you to eat stuff you don't like? Would they force you to eat "carrots" (or anything else) if you absolutely despised them?
Hopefully you find a solution!
I think that the only way is to wait. When I'll leave my parents house I'll be able to prepare food on my own. If explaining to your family why you want to turn vegan it's already hard, imagine how hard it is if you're Italian... Food it's an important piece of our culture and almost everything has meat in it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: stygal
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
I have been vegetarian since 14-15. I still wish I was not forced to desecrate others' corpses (which cannot be undone or forgiven) when I was too young to realise what I am doing... It is also one of the reasons why I deserve to be suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I'm currently vegetarian and considering going vegan with occasional cheat days.

I think most people have an issue with vegetarians/vegans because some can be pretty annoying, but people who hate others because of their dietary choices for no good reason are also annoying.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020

View attachment 55826
PLEASE! I BEG YOU! TALK TO THE PM HERE!!! (last i heard) he changed the whole fucking food guide to cater to.....(i dont want to be offensive but i dont want to spell the long word either, we all know what im talking about). no offense to them but just because you change a piece of paper doesnt magically make that option more healthy. i know ill make a sugar guide, thatll be healthy and we should all follow it right? i mean its official and on a piece of paper.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I have been vegetarian since 14-15. I still wish I was not forced to desecrate others' corpses (which cannot be undone or forgiven) when I was too young to realise what I am doing... It is also one of the reasons why I deserve to be suicidal.
if you didn't know about something, it's not your fault.
imo as long as you follow what you believe in once you realise something, it's moral enough.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
if you didn't know about something, it's not your fault.
imo as long as you follow what you believe in once you realise something, it's moral enough.
It is my fault, regardless of my knowledge or intentions.
And it does not matter whether it is moral or not (at least for me; furthermore, morality is subjective): a crime should always be punished (with the same or a similar action).

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Since I was small I felt bad about eating meat but my parents wouldn't let me stop eating it because they said the protein and everyrhing was important for me while I was growing up which I do agree. So I only started being vegetarian when I became like 16 or something. We didn't really eat meat a lot already so it wasn't hard stopping entirely. I just feel bad about killing animals and about the whole industry and I know that me being vegetarian won't stop it but I'm at least happy that I don't contribute to it. I also try to buy less milk products cause the milk industry is also...depressing.

Reactions: Fango
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
My gran eats what I eat so at least a vegetarian diet is a must.

I've been trying to ween out meat from our diets slowly, but it's kind of hard when eating meat is to in-bedded in our culture. A lot of seniors here get high blood pressure from eating too much meat and rice. So I try to limit eating it for only 3 days a week. It's still alot but she's getting healthier already. What more if we get a stricter regimen?