inevitablesomewhere

inevitablesomewhere

Aug 30, 2024
I have not been able to find resources on this idea, and want to know what others think about this being a viable method:
  • Space saver / vacuum storage compression bag (one-way valve), postion valve over mouth
  • Plug high-suction vacuum cleaner into an automatic timer to turn off after a reasonable amount of time
  • Hook up vacuum to the valve and turn on
How long would something like this take? Do you see any risks apart from the physical distress potentially knocking something out of place? If restrained, I expect the suction is likely to keep the bag in place... but would appreciate any wisdom you have to share.

Reactions: iloveloving
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
So, you'd have to figure out an airtight seal, which could be tricky. Assuming you figure that out, it's just suffocating with extra steps. Asphyxiation is a painful, scary process and not at all calm or peaceful. It's one of the reasons hanging methods emphasize making sure to block the blood to the brain not just strangle the airway.

If you really want to go this route, and I can't recommend it, you owe it to yourself to read a bit about the asphyxiation process.

Reactions: inevitablesomewhere and Forever Sleep
inevitablesomewhere

inevitablesomewhere

Aug 30, 2024
So, you'd have to figure out an airtight seal, which could be tricky. Assuming you figure that out, it's just suffocating with extra steps. Asphyxiation is a painful, scary process and not at all calm or peaceful. It's one of the reasons hanging methods emphasize making sure to block the blood to the brain not just strangle the airway.

If you really want to go this route, and I can't recommend it, you owe it to yourself to read a bit about the asphyxiation process.
Yes, I'm familiar with out awful asphyxiation is in general which is why I've never considered it otherwise... I was just getting my hopes up thinking a vacuum woulld make it extremely expedient. Still a bit curious how much time would elapse between turning on the vacuum and unconciousness, if anyone knows the answer.