• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
I'm having a really bad day today so I think I need some advice or something. Recently my mood swings have been really bad, I'll be super bored and numb one minute then full of anxiety the next so my self destructive behaviour has got really bad again. I completely stopped self harming for 5 years, but this year I've completely went off the rails. I've been cutting again. Today I had an anxiety attack and ended up getting a migraine so I took a bunch of painkillers, I wasn't trying to ctb and I'm pretty sure I'm ok. I just feel a bit ill. I've took a lot of painkillers before and didn't die so I'm not too worried. I've been purposefully not taking my medication sometimes because it makes me ill. I'm just not sure how to stop self harming again, I can't remember how I stopped last time. Anyone got any ideas? Also does anyone else do really dumb self destructive stuff? cause I need to know I'm not alone in this :pfff: I'm having a day.

Thanks guys, hope you're all doing better than I am tonight :heart:

Little Mook

Little Mook

Oct 20, 2019
Hope you're not having any weird after effects today! I mess about with my meds / pills , generally in the hope that I'll just feel something different. Dead legs and blurred vision is usually my payback!
If I can leave the house , that can help calm me when I'm having self harming urges. Sleeping sometimes works . Pretty basic sorry I can't help more.

• Love
Reactions: bea1974 and sammii
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
(((Sympathetic hugs))) Can you take a walk somewhere quiet? Drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, fresh air, some sun on your glands, and eat your spinach - those little things can help a lot.

sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
How are you now?
I'm ok hun; thanks for asking :heart: feeling super spaced out and kinda sick and shaky but I'm not sure if that's because of the painkillers or because i just had a few hours sleep for the first time in like 2 days or both lol. Mentally I'm feeling a bit better though :))
(((Sympathetic hugs))) Can you take a walk somewhere quiet? Drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, fresh air, some sun on your glands, and eat your spinach - those little things can help a lot.
Honestly I never do any of those things, definitely great advice. I'll try my best :hug:

Last edited:
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Glad you are a bit better. I find that when I'm in a particularly bad place, sleeping it off is my best bet, besides talking to someone, about whatever. Also because I absolutely hate taking walks, more than most things in the world.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
May I suggest a thing?
When I'm having a shit day I will go for a "walk". I mean, it IS a walk, but a very certain "type", if you will. If you were to go out of my apartment and then take a bunch of turns, you will reach a certain path that is mostly forward. I mean, yeah, there are some minor turns left and right, but there are no actual turns, like, you don't need to really remember any turns, except for how to get to this path. It eventually reaches the beach if you're determined enough to get to the beach. It's a roughly 4-hour walk to the beach. Forward only. When I feel shit, I will set a timer, usually an hour, and then just... walk.
I'll take a water bottle and my cigs with me. The water bottle has a bit of rope on it so that I can hang it on myself as opposed to holding it the entire walk. As I walk, I quietly speak out my thoughts and have a sort of conversation with myself. I try to not engage it too hard because then my brain will actually start thinking, and that's not what I'm aiming for. What I'm aiming for is to run out of things to talk about and just walk quietly. When I run out of things to talk about, my head becomes notably lighter and colder. This, in turn, makes me less anxious and angry about my current situation.
Pros: It's kind of like a meditation, I guess?
Cons: As I've learned recently, doing this too much will fuck up your knees.
Don't walk like 20 hours in one session, but one such walk will calm me down.
As I said, I set a timer for an hour and just walk forward. An hour does include reaching this path, though, so it's slightly less than an hour of JUST walking forward.
An hour from my apartment to... wherever I reach, an hour going home. Very comforting and relaxing. For me, at least.

Side note: don't smoke too much during the walk, as I've learned one day, but yeah, just walk forward without any destination, smoke here and there, and drink water. VERY IMPORTANT: WATER, not alcohol or some juice.

sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
May I suggest a thing?
When I'm having a shit day I will go for a "walk". I mean, it IS a walk, but a very certain "type", if you will. If you were to go out of my apartment and then take a bunch of turns, you will reach a certain path that is mostly forward. I mean, yeah, there are some minor turns left and right, but there are no actual turns, like, you don't need to really remember any turns, except for how to get to this path. It eventually reaches the beach if you're determined enough to get to the beach. It's a roughly 4-hour walk to the beach. Forward only. When I feel shit, I will set a timer, usually an hour, and then just... walk.
I'll take a water bottle and my cigs with me. The water bottle has a bit of rope on it so that I can hang it on myself as opposed to holding it the entire walk. As I walk, I quietly speak out my thoughts and have a sort of conversation with myself. I try to not engage it too hard because then my brain will actually start thinking, and that's not what I'm aiming for. What I'm aiming for is to run out of things to talk about and just walk quietly. When I run out of things to talk about, my head becomes notably lighter and colder. This, in turn, makes me less anxious and angry about my current situation.
Pros: It's kind of like a meditation, I guess?
Cons: As I've learned recently, doing this too much will fuck up your knees.
Don't walk like 20 hours in one session, but one such walk will calm me down.
As I said, I set a timer for an hour and just walk forward. An hour does include reaching this path, though, so it's slightly less than an hour of JUST walking forward.
An hour from my apartment to... wherever I reach, an hour going home. Very comforting and relaxing. For me, at least.

Side note: don't smoke too much during the walk, as I've learned one day, but yeah, just walk forward without any destination, smoke here and there, and drink water. VERY IMPORTANT: WATER, not alcohol or some juice.
That's a really interesting idea :)) I'm awful at meditation but I'll maybe give that a try next time. Also I really need to drink more water, I never drink enough water. Thanks for the suggestion :heart:

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
A long walk in the woods, something like 2 hours mini. I've been doing that everyday for almost 2 years and it really helps. But go somewhere quiet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: snorli and sammii
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Hope you are feeling better. I can certainly recommend walking too. I always saw it as a kind of moving meditation. Go out and try to observe and hear and smell everything you can. It can help ground you and exercise is always good.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I'm having a really bad day today so I think I need some advice or something. Recently my mood swings have been really bad, I'll be super bored and numb one minute then full of anxiety the next so my self destructive behaviour has got really bad again. I completely stopped self harming for 5 years, but this year I've completely went off the rails. I've been cutting again. Today I had an anxiety attack and ended up getting a migraine so I took a bunch of painkillers, I wasn't trying to ctb and I'm pretty sure I'm ok. I just feel a bit ill. I've took a lot of painkillers before and didn't die so I'm not too worried. I've been purposefully not taking my medication sometimes because it makes me ill. I'm just not sure how to stop self harming again, I can't remember how I stopped last time. Anyone got any ideas? Also does anyone else do really dumb self destructive stuff? cause I need to know I'm not alone in this :pfff: I'm having a day.

Thanks guys, hope you're all doing better than I am tonight :heart:
Go and see a therapist and a shrink. Medication plus an amazing therapist to talk to can really make a huge difference.

• Love
Reactions: snorli and sammii
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
Go and see a therapist and a shrink. Medication plus an amazing therapist to talk to can really make a huge difference.
I've been on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist for about a year, the nhs is ridiculously slow. I'm trying though :))

• Hugs
Reactions: snorli
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I've been on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist for about a year, the nhs is ridiculously slow. I'm trying though :))
You have to be on a waiting list lists to see a psychiatrist? Don't you just call one an pd make an appointment? I've never heard of that before. What country do you live in?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
You have to be on a waiting list lists to see a psychiatrist? Don't you just call one an pd make an appointment? I've never heard of that before. What country do you live in?
Sammii lives in a northern county of England (Stan gets his coat and calls an Uber)

• Love
Reactions: sammii
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
I live in Scotland, in the UK. And yeah there's an unbelievably long waiting list, my psychologist even tried telling them to hurry tf up but it's still taking forever.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I live in Scotland, in the UK. And yeah there's an unbelievably long waiting list, my psychologist even tried telling them to hurry tf up but it's still taking forever.
That is crazy. If you want to see a psychiatrist you just make an appointment and gonsee a psychiatrist. What is it the Heath insurance company or something? My friend who was a grade A moron from England just couldn't articulate to me why she couldn't get psychological help I kept asking her and she was just like...it's hard here.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
That is crazy. If you want to see a psychiatrist you just make an appointment and gonsee a psychiatrist. What is it the Heath insurance company or something? My friend who was a grade A moron from England just couldn't articulate to me why she couldn't get psychological help I kept asking her and she was just like...it's hard here.
Universal or free healthcare does come at a cost with having long waiting lists for things that are determined as non emergency