• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kirigiri

Jun 9, 2018
I own a few handguns and rifles and was planning on just using one of those as a suicide method. However, I've always been worried about surviving and/or ending up in coma.

Recently, I remembered that those exploding tannerite targets existed and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. I was thinking of just strapping one of them to my head and just trying to shoot it with my rifle, but I'm not sure if it would detonate.

Reactions: dano6533
I

InAust.

May 9, 2018
Yes. Somehow surviving any method is pretty bad... It needs to be done right...

L

Lotharius

Mar 20, 2018
I own a few handguns and rifles and was planning on just using one of those as a suicide method. However, I've always been worried about surviving and/or ending up in coma.

Recently, I remembered that those exploding tannerite targets existed and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. I was thinking of just strapping one of them to my head and just trying to shoot it with my rifle, but I'm not sure if it would detonate.

I'm no expert on the stuff but I don't believe it to be that strong. I would trust a well placed shot angled slightly up in the mouth more. Highly recommend a shotgun though. Most injuries with this stuff appear to be caused by people shooting large amounts inside other objects and taking damage from shrapnel. Best wishes in your endeavor

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Unless it was c4 or dynamite, I would not trust any explosive. Theres a reason the stuff is legal.

S

Spazreal

Apr 10, 2018
the tannerite would be powerful enough. I just don't know how you would go about using it on oneself.

Happened near here. Made the nuclear power plant really nervous.

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Back when I was considering this myself, I could only find one recorded incident of this method, back in 2015.

Tannerite and its brethren need an impact from a slug moving at least 2,000 feet-per-second to detonate. "Most common rifle rounds will ignite the powder, including 5.56, 243, 308, 7.62 x 39, and 270: basically any high-velocity round." Apparently the handgun round "22 TCM" will also work. The man from Oregon, above, used a .223 caliber rifle.

Personally, aside from testing the appropriateness of the chosen ammunition, I would probably opt for some overkill in terms of sheer volume of the material, as well as the addition of some ball bearings in the three to seven millimeter diameter range.