• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
You demonstrate you don't even understand the premise of what I'm suggesting and you are using your purported authority as a therapist to call it harmful. This is a site to help people suffering severely. You should at least understand what you're critiquing before *you* go around harming others with your narrow minded, uncreative, unanalytical "therapist" opinion.

Therapists are insufferable and I've noticed they go into the field precisely bc they have little success with people outside out of their jobs where people are forced to listen to them.
I don´t have any authority. I use my opinion based on my training, experience and personal opinion to offer a different perspective. You are free to believe or think anything you find beneficial for you. Not sure you´d beat up a biologist calling out false information in methods in the same way.

Sarcasm spoiler: Generalization always work best. Personal and professional skills do not apply or matter. They just let anyone lose to do deal some damage.

I won´t address or engage in any further insults or attacks. I am asking you to refrain from that in return. This is not why I am here.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Traditional Psychoanalysis goes back to Freud and Jung (1930s). In my opinion it is very outdated but still standard. Doesn´t mean it is beneficial, feasible or sufficient. You can talk about problems and why you have them. It does not fix them. I only used it in parts to help clients understand when I saw fit. As a sole approach it doesn´t do anything for you. (No, we don´t always blame your mother or address your inner child). Although it is very outdated and has been proven insufficient, it is kind of forced in treatment. Why? Well, I´d like to know that as well.
Basic training for therapists is mostly based on psychoanalysis. For everything else, you gotta pay extra and spend some more years and then fight with insurances to accept different options. The system is broken.
I don't know if you're comfortable saying what country you're in but here in the states analysis is all but dead and considered to be very passe pseudoscience. Here it's mostly CBT since at least you can measure behavioral changes with it which the insurance companies like. You have to go to a special psychoanalytic school here to become an analyst and there are hardly any left. I know of one in Philadelphia and one in New York. I'm sure there are more though.

• Informative
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
I don´t have any authority. I use my opinion based on my training, experience and personal opinion to offer a different perspective. You are free to believe or think anything you find beneficial for you. Not sure you´d beat up a biologist calling out false information in methods in the same way.

Sarcasm spoiler: Generalization always work best. Personal and professional skills do not apply or matter. They just let anyone lose to do deal some damage.

I won´t address or engage in any further insults or attacks. I am asking you to refrain from that in return. This is not why I am here.
That you equate psychology with biology and believe in "false information" (implying that sciences are not biased) verifies what I said about therapists not being sufficiently intelligent for the authority they claim.

Therapy is highly anti-suicide and yet you obviously don't believe that premise, yet you lack the imagination that other things you've learned in your schooling aren't true.

You're literally nothing more than the thought police for a system you don't even remotely understand nor have the courage to challenge.

L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
Personal attacks are helping....how?

You don't have to agree, but keep it civil please.
Sure. Will do. I just want to point out that she brought up her profession as a therapist as a source of authority on multiple occasions, so I felt that critiquing the profession was fair. Like if someone made some statements and then said they were a doctor to back them up, I believe it'd be fair to critique medicine and its systemic injustices. But point taken.

astrals

astrals

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
that is the end of flaming one another. will keep the thread open and allow more comments but any more insults and that user will receive a warning. we're all allowed to have our opinions and be passionate about them however that doesn't give us to right to call anyone simply "wrong" because their views differ. thank you.

C

Ctrl_Alt_DEL

Apr 23, 2024
Someone mentioned this in another thread and I thought it was an amazing idea to implement. One could utilize CBT and DBT to help overcome any SI - e.g. seeing reservations about ctb'ing as "irrational" via using thought noting e.g. "that's just a thought; i don't have to listen to it" and doing that for all other reservations - guilt about loved ones, etc.

You could use DBT techniques of "coping ahead" to imagine going through your ctb plan - imagine encountering the fear, anxiety, other obstacles, and then successfully overcoming them via your coping skills. it would even be a good idea to make a list ahead of time of what might get in your way, and then think of how to cope with it. also imagine the freedom from pain and suffering once you are successful.

You could also use mindfulness/meditation to train your mind to let go of any unwanted/anti-ctb thoughts, to use breathing techniques to calm your mind, etc.

(all this should of course only be done after you're sure you want to ctb and after exhausting all other resources)
Thank you
Im not full aware of the CBT DBT techniques but i know what you mean.
Its a matter of writting down all potentital issues / questions that our mind may bring to try to defend itself from CTB and be rationally and mentally prepared for it. Nonetheless the unconscious mind and and survive instintic is powerfull so this will take some practice and time.
Im almost ready to CTB. Not easy journey.

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice