Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Goodbye, Raven. It was nice knowing you.
I hope you find what you're looking for.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers, ImsooDone1N, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I was not familiar with the term Maps until today, I thought they were called paedophiles. But there is a PC term for everyone and everything nowadays.
i actually personally prefer the term MAPS. not for the PC aspect of it or anything but because the topic of sex in general is a major trigger for me but this abbre. makes it so i know what we are talking about without causing any triggers.

Reactions: Disappointered, 262653 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
i actually personally prefer the term MAPS. not for the PC aspect of it or anything but because the topic of sex in general is a major trigger for me but this abbre. makes it so i know what we are talking about without causing any triggers.
This acronym ruined Geography for me. I will never look at a map anymore and not think of these people.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Disappointered, 262653 and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
This acronym ruined Geography for me. I will never look at a map anymore and not think of these people.
yeah that makes sense. i personally dont connect the 2 :hug: :heart:

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
What happened to @purplesmoothie?

Reactions: mellow
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I forgot that I vowed to call the psych hospital the "spooky hotel". @SpottedPanda came up with it. I miss them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and LastFlowers
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I forgot that I vowed to call the psych hospital the "spooky hotel". @SpottedPanda came up with it. I miss them.
Is purplesmoothie in a psych hospital? People are posting stuff on her profile that suggests she CTBd

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Is purplesmoothie in a psych hospital? People are posting stuff on her profile that suggests she CTBd
I'm not sure :( I may have read something a while back, but it all blurs together on here. I was referring to the psych hospital because I was going through my posts on my profile, sorry

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I'm not sure :( I may have read something a while back, but it all blurs together on here. I was referring to the psych hospital because I was going through my posts on my profile, sorry
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you replied to my post. My mistake lol

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I miss @Deafsn0w, @falloutcarter13, @angel-of-the-night, and @faust :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005, Deleted member 17331, InterstateFlowers and 9 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Did I miss something?? What happened to @XYZ?

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Did I miss something?? What happened to @XYZ?

Here you go:

Haven't been here long enough, but just wanted to say Bye to all the nice people I talked to. Really wonderful community :heart:

I received a warning for my comments on the minor attraction thread and I will self-ban as a result. I stand by that what I said.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, GoneGoneGone and Deleted member 19654
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Here you go:
Thank you.
That's a shame, they were a good poster.
I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong that I'm not seeing these threads when they happen. Am I scrolling through because the title is unclear? There was a whole MAPS thread?

Somebody please help, I feel like the last kid to get the cheat sheet.

Last edited:
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Thank you.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong that I'm not seeing these threads when they happen. Am I scrolling through because the title is unclear? There was a whole MAPS thread?

Somebody please help, I feel like the last kid to get the cheat sheet.
Yes. It was on that thread. XYZ said absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion. How we can be allowing our platform to be used by people talking about being attracted to kids is crazy to me.
Like this place doesn't have enough problems trying to stay online, the last thing it needs to become is a space space for pedophiles.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Disappointered, flower and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Yes. It was on that thread. XYZ said absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion. How we can be allowing our platform to be used by people talking about being attracted to kids is crazy to me.
Like this place doesn't have enough problems trying to stay online, the last thing it needs to become is a space space for pedophiles.

I couldn't find it. Was the thread deleted? If yes, it sucks that he was warned for something that was drawn out by a deletable thread. :/ If I'm wrong, though, where the heck is the awful thread? I've used "maps" as a search term, even looked in ignored content, and found nothing.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I couldn't find it. Was the thread deleted? If yes, it sucks that he was warned for something that was drawn out by a deletable thread. :/ If I'm wrong, though, where the heck is the awful thread? I've used "maps" as a search term, even looked in ignored content, and found nothing.
Yeah the thread got deleted

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I think it must have been. I saw it before and can no longer, but I'm having trouble remembering everything that was said and by whom. As I recall most responses showed disgust about the topic but diluted it with an understanding that this was the very reason the OP wanted to CTB and that OP claimed they had never touched a child and never would. According to the OP, they requested to be chemically castrated but were denied..can't recall why, I guess they had to commit the actual deed for that to happen? Unsure what country they were from. They also had some bizarre story about how they were on a bus (I think it was a bus?) with children and became highly uncomfortable to the point where they typed the problem into their phone and showed it to one of the chaperones/guardians of the children, and that the guardian had little to no reaction and continued to let OP sit between the children. They showed frustration with the police also, about how they weren't taking OP's "condition" seriously enough to intervene pre-incident. I did not really take some of their stories at their word, but this is just some of what I remember...

Someone correct me if I am wrong-while most (in thread) were on the fence of the topic being discussed at all-even from the point of view of someone who only had the thoughts without action-XYZ wasn't having any of it and I recall their comment being directly opposed to any discourse remotely involving "MAPS", that they shouldn't even be allowed to post or something. (Nobody quote me on this. I'm going off shitty memory alone here.) The argument against that sentiment was that the OP shouldn't be persecuted for thought crimes, as that was the only thing-if we are to believe them-that they were guilty of. Also, there was some discussion about how the OP was listing their masturbation habits but I never found that part in the thread (I only saw references to it without quotes) so maybe it got deleted before I read through everything?..I think that's also something XYZ wasn't happy about.

Now I'm not sure I believe the whole MAPS thing as being some uncontrollable condition but I also only have my own experience and society at large to go off of. I've never exactly experienced sexual attraction to anyone and I am averse to sex in general so going a step beyond that, to children, is completely incomprehensible to me. Even the average "urge" is foreign to me, so I'm not sure how my opinion would weigh in. But I will give it anyway. I don't think the topic should be shunned to the point where those who experience these urges cannot seek help to prevent them from coming to fruition. That, to me, would only cause more problems, for possible perps and potential victims.

This site itself was created for the open discourse of suicide, as it is stomped out elsewhere. Many have lamented the possible take-down of this site in the past, remarking on how it has actually saved their lives and given them a tiny corner of freedom to express their desire to end the suffering, which in turn has untied many constrictions of what was building internally and seething, ready to burst at any moment.

^Now, can we not use this example to possibly understand that the open discussion of a topic normally held deep within one's self can lead to a more positive result than having nowhere or no one to talk to about it? I think the self-proclaimed "MAPS" who have yet to offend (and wish to keep it that way) can benefit from such open discussion, and so can the world entire.
The question is, is this the place?
Some in the deleted thread mentioned-correctly-that many on SS are here in due part to being sexually abused, so a "MAPs" thread is highly triggering and off putting. I give that claim credence but I could also counter it by saying that many of my own reasons for ctb have been triggered by other users and posts which directly insult and attempt to invalidate my suffering, and they are not reprimanded for it, their threads remaining upright. I mostly try to navigate around them. So, one could argue that others could manage the same with respect to the thread at hand.

..Also, it seemed to me at the time that this particular thread wasn't so much about MAPS as it was about someone wanting to be punished and killed asap because they were MAPs. The OP wasn't making any claims that having this "condition" or "orientation" (blegh) made it right or okay to act on it. They seemed to agree that acting on such desires was vile and needed to be stopped at any cost.
I feel like this was a one-off thread about one person's reasoning for wanting to ctb, their reason just happened to be something highly volatile, which I think caused many to just read into that part and ignore the rest of what was said. I think it could have remained up as long as the topic did not become a main theme every other week, and as long as it didn't invite people of the same nature who felt they didn't have to restrain themselves. The only other con I can think of for it being deleted is that it endangers the reputation of this site. Most here already know that the pro-life group trying to shut this site down loves to cherry pick. Even a mention of something like "maps" would be ripe for the picking, they would eat that shit up and post it as evidence of how fucked this site is (in their minds). They would react similarly to how some here did..just seeing the term and freaking out in disgust, not allowing nuanced thinking of the topic. So in that respect, the deletion may have been for the best.( Not sure if OP requested it or the mods did it on their own, but still.) In that same vein, this response of mine can be deleted if my extrapolation from memory is not allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pupu, voyager, InterstateFlowers and 11 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I think it must have been. I saw it before and can no longer, but I'm having trouble remembering everything that was said and by whom. As I recall most responses showed disgust about the topic but diluted it with an understanding that this was the very reason the OP wanted to CTB and that OP claimed they had never touched a child and never would. According to the OP, they requested to be chemically castrated but were denied..can't recall why, I guess they had to commit the actual deed for that to happen? Unsure what country they were from. They also had some bizarre story about how they were on a bus (I think it was a bus?) with children and became highly uncomfortable to the point where they typed the problem into their phone and showed it to one of the chaperones/guardians of the children, and that the guardian had little to no reaction and continued to let OP sit between the children. They showed frustration with the police also, about how they weren't taking OP's "condition" seriously enough to intervene pre-incident. I did not really take some of their stories at their word, but this is just some of what I remember...

Someone correct me if I am wrong-while most (in thread) were on the fence of the topic being discussed at all-even from the point of view of someone who only had the thoughts without action-XYZ wasn't having any of it and I recall their comment being directly opposed to any discourse remotely involving "MAPS", that they shouldn't even be allowed to post or something. (Nobody quote me on this. I'm going off shitty memory alone here.) The argument against that sentiment was that the OP shouldn't be persecuted for thought crimes, as that was the only thing-if we are to believe them-that they were guilty of. Also, there was some discussion about how the OP was listing their masturbation habits but I never found that part in the thread (I only saw references to it without quotes) so maybe it got deleted before I read through everything?..I think that's also something XYZ wasn't happy about.

Now I'm not sure I believe the whole MAPS thing as being some uncontrollable condition but I also only have my own experience and society at large to go off of. I've never exactly experienced sexual attraction to anyone and I am averse to sex in general so going a step beyond that, to children, is completely incomprehensible to me. Even the average "urge" is foreign to me, so I'm not sure how my opinion would weigh in. But I will give it anyway. I don't think the topic should be shunned to the point where those who experience these urges cannot seek help to prevent them from coming to fruition. That, to me, would only cause more problems, for possible perps and potential victims.

This site itself was created for the open discourse of suicide, as it is stomped out elsewhere. Many have lamented the possible take-down of this site in the past, remarking on how it has actually saved their lives and given them a tiny corner of freedom to express their desire to end the suffering, which in turn has untied many constrictions which were building internally and seething, ready to burst at any moment.

^Now, can we not use this example to possibly understand that the open discussion of a topic normally held deep within one's self can lead to a more positive result than having nowhere or no one to talk to about it? I think the self/proclaimed "MAPS" who have yet to offend (and wish to keep it that way) can benefit from such open discussion, and so can the world entire in turn.
Some in the deleted thread mentioned-correctly-that many on SS are here in due part to being sexually abused, so a "MAPs" thread is highly triggering and off putting. I give that claim credence but I could also counter it by saying that many of my own reasons for ctb have been triggered by other users and posts which directly insult and attempt to invalidate my suffering, and they are not reprimanded for it, their threads remaining upright. I mostly try to navigate around them. So, one could argue that others could manage the same with respect to the thread at hand.

..Also, it seemed to me at the time that this particular thread wasn't so much about MAPS as it was about someone wanting to be punished and killed asap because they were MAPs. The OP wasn't making any claims that having this "condition" or "orientation" (blegh) made it right or okay to act on it. They seemed to agree that acting on such desires was vile and needed to be stopped at any cost.
I feel like this was a one-off thread about one person's reasoning for wanting to ctb, their reason just happened to be something highly volatile which I think caused many to just read into that part and ignore the rest of what was said. I think it could have remained up as long as the topic did not become a main theme every other week, and as long as it didn't invite people of the same nature who felt they didn't have to restrain themselves. The only other con I can think of for it being deleted is that it endangers the reputation of this site. Most here already know that the pro-life group trying to shut this site down loves to cherry pick. Even a mention of something like "maps" would be ripe for the picking, they would eat that shit up and post it as evidence of how fucked this site is (in their minds). They would react similarly to how some here did..just seeing the term and freaking out in disgust, not allowing nuanced thinking of the topic. So in that respect, the deletion may have been for the best.( Not sure if OP requested it or the mods did on their own, but still.) In that same vein, this response of mine can be deleted if my extrapolation from memory is not allowed.
Pretty sure this was done to death already and the thread closed. Let's not drag it all back up again.

moving on.....

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Pretty sure this was done to death already and the thread closed. Let's not drag it all back up again.

moving on.....
Done to death where? I was responding to the most recent responses in THIS thread which were wondering about what happened and why, in the deleted thread. No one is making you read my response. I had a memory of things that occurred which I thought to be valuable to those who did not.
It isn't like I'm going way back in the pages and dredging up some question that was already given all its answers. My most recent notification is of this user discussion thread talking about this specific topic. Hardly something to reprimand me over.

Reactions: Skathon and woxihuanni
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

moving on.....

So you're allowed to talk about it, but my immediate follow-up question and someone responding to it in a way you disagree with is dragging it up and merits a shut-down? That almost hurt my head.

@LastFlowers, thank you for responding. I admit I was leaning toward making a judgement without enough information.

I appreciate and respect your well-thought-out response. I too dislike thought-policing. However, a site rule is to not start threads that invite chaos on the forum, and I think @XYZ's deleted response and the comments on this thread indicate it was an incendiary topic. Not only are there people on the forum still suffering from being victimized by child sexual predation, but there are also predators who lurk the forum, some of whom reveal themselves occasionally, and having an open discussion about such a toxic topic is an opening for extreme toxicity and a magnet for predators.

People expose their pain and vulnerability on this forum, and there are some pains and vulnerabilities that not only don't mix but need to be kept far apart from each other. For instance, Harvey Weinstein may now be suicidal, but if he needs support and understanding for his rape urges, he's gotta find it elsewhere, there are too many rape victims here. Jeffrey Epstein killed himself, but if he needed support and understanding for his trafficking urges, he would have needed to find it elsewhere, there are too many here who were victims of CSA as well as trafficking.

I have compassion and empathy for all pain, but there is only so much that can be managed in one space. Victims and perpetrators don't mix well by their very natures, and even if that person whose thread was deleted wasn't an offender, he has an offender's condition, and it's just too much in a victim-heavy forum.

I very much respect your opinion and how you presented it. This comment was mine, and I acknowledge that's all it is, opinion.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

This site itself was created for the open discourse of suicide, as it is stomped out elsewhere. Many have lamented the possible take-down of this site in the past, remarking on how it has actually saved their lives and given them a tiny corner of freedom to express their desire to end the suffering, which in turn has untied many constrictions of what was building internally and seething, ready to burst at any moment.

^Now, can we not use this example to possibly understand that the open discussion of a topic normally held deep within one's self can lead to a more positive result than having nowhere or no one to talk to about it? I think the self-proclaimed "MAPS" who have yet to offend (and wish to keep it that way) can benefit from such open discussion, and so can the world entire.

I feel like this was a one-off thread about one person's reasoning for wanting to ctb, their reason just happened to be something highly volatile, which I think caused many to just read into that part and ignore the rest of what was said. I think it could have remained up as long as the topic did not become a main theme every other week, and as long as it didn't invite people of the same nature who felt they didn't have to restrain themselves. The only other con I can think of for it being deleted is that it endangers the reputation of this site. Most here already know that the pro-life group trying to shut this site down loves to cherry pick. Even a mention of something like "maps" would be ripe for the picking, they would eat that shit up and post it as evidence of how fucked this site is (in their minds). They would react similarly to how some here did..just seeing the term and freaking out in disgust, not allowing nuanced thinking of the topic. So in that respect, the deletion may have been for the best.( Not sure if OP requested it or the mods did it on their own, but still.) In that same vein, this response of mine can be deleted if my extrapolation from memory is not allowed.
Since it was brought back up, there was something I wanted to say about the thread but didn't get the chance too.

I understand wanting to condemn them but why? People from the lgbq+ community "claims" they don't choose to like whoever that's just the way it is. So why is this any different? Why just because it's wrong does it mean this person optionally made the desision? You didn't choose who you like. I didn't choose who I like. So why must have they? (I use the word claims because I am not one so I can not say it's true or not)

The way I see it..... They came here looking for a safe place just like everyone else and they caused no one direct harm. If someone didn't like the topic there's an ignore button. But don't deny someone's pain and suffering just because you don't agree. By turning them away like it just seems like we are no better then the "normies" that turned us away when we needed them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, Disappointered, Frew and 2 others
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
understand wanting to condemn them but why? People from the lgbq+ community "claims" they don't choose to like whoever that's just the way it is. So why is this any different? Why just because it's wrong does it mean this person optionally made the desision? You didn't choose who you like. I didn't choose who I like. So why must have they? (I use the word claims because I am not one so I can not say it's true or not)

please please never compare sexual attraction to minors who cannot consent, to the lgbtq+ community who are attracted to other consenting adults. this is a completely nonsensical and dangerous comparison.

Reactions: Deleted member 17949
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
please please never compare sexual attraction to minors who cannot consent, to the lgbtq+ community who are attracted to other consenting adults. this is a completely nonsensical and dangerous comparison.
If one can't choose why can not the other? Just because you don't agree with something doesn't change what it is.

Addition: this person came here looking for a safe place. Awknowleding that it was wrong. And claiming to have never done it. Their sexual attraction is clearly out of their control. Just like the rest of us. They came here looking for a safe place and others did nothing but hate him even though he himself did nothing wrong and was looking for help.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, voyager, Good4Nothing and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
If this was many decades ago, lgbt was also wrong.
Not saying we will ever legalize attraction to children,
all we have to do is listen if you want to, no need to be rude,
As LifeandDeath already mentioned, there's the ignore button if people don't like what they hear.

People have double standards, they are angry when their own interests are affected but they show no compassion to others.

This is basically, "not my problem, they are on their own. I will demonstrate I'm a good citizen by sentencing them to stone death!"
Human nature, ain't it?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 1465, Life_and_Death and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Dearly sorry that Raven Moon and XYZ have gone :aw:

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005, Deleted member 17331, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 5 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
No quarter for attraction to minors. They should never be given a public platform to express themselves. With expression comes clarity and eventually resolve. We are past this, as a society.

Reactions: Symbiote
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
If this was many decades ago, lgbt was also wrong.
Not saying we will ever legalize attraction to children,
all we have to do is listen if you want to, no need to be rude,
As LifeandDeath already mentioned, there's the ignore button if people don't like what they hear.

People have double standards, they are angry when their own interests are affected but they show no compassion to others.

This is basically, "not my problem, they are on their own. I will demonstrate I'm a good citizen by sentencing them to stone death!"
Human nature, ain't it?
you're putting words in my mouth. i'm not talking about the legality of pedos or how they should be punished (for the record i believe in rehabilitation). it's about consent. children cannot give consent therefore it's a completely different issue to lgbtq+ rights. it perpetuates the idea that queer people are sexual deviants in the same way as pedos.

Reactions: these_days9 and Emily_Numb
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
you're putting words in my mouth. i'm not talking about the legality of pedos or how they should be punished (for the record i believe in rehabilitation). it's about consent. children cannot give consent therefore it's a completely different issue to lgbtq+ rights. it perpetuates the idea that queer people are sexual deviants in the same way as pedos.
if this is the case then you were putting words in MY mouth. i never said anything about consent from the other party. i was clearly specifically talking about the mental state of this person and how in both cases it was not a desision that they personally made however just the way it is. and no it doesnt "perpetuate" that idea at all. that is your personal misunderstanding of what i am saying. i feel in my previous comments i have made myself quite clear as to what i was referring to so i advise you go back and read it before you talk about people putting words in your mouth, when you are putting words in others.

Reactions: ohhgeeitsme, Disappointered and KleinerWolf
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
@BitterlyAlive @AJ95 Your posts warmed my heart

I'm still alive, I couldn't go through with my CTB plans.

I don't plan on killing myself for now, but I'm still very depressed.

Thanks for thinking of me guys, I appreciate it a lot, and everyone else who sent me a sweet message or just a reaction.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, voyager, Mr2005 and 19 others