• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

fakeimportance

May 4, 2023
I really can't take time to plan this. I am in so much pain and I don't want my stupid SI to save me. It's happened before and hey look I still feel this way.

Hanging myself has been my chosen method for a long time because I know its basically fail proof if done properly and the pain only lasts a couple mins. I can take that. But without buying a sturdy rope or booking a hotel room or other planned stuff for the future, I can't think of the best way to do this quickly?

I have been 'practicing' with a dressing gown belt, those fabric ones, but I don't know if it would take my whole weight. Are there any other household items you could think of that would be safer to use?

I also don't want to do this in front of my family or traumatise them. I need a place I can go on short notice. We have lots of trees around here but would a tree risk snapping halfway through? Is there anything else in nature that would work better? Or does this sound like a solid idea?

I just need to get out of here. I can't take this anymore. I'm in tears writing this. I have no SN, I'm massively phobic of throwing up so overdosing in general isn't an option for me.

squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Not sure what your urgency is but sorry its brought you here.

How long is the belt?
and what type of fabric? The silk type ones ?

Not sure safer is really the right word. But other than rope...
I've read:
Bedsheets
Belt
Jump rope
What type of knot are you using?
and I'm assuming full (not partial)

As for tree. Depends on your height and weight and the strength of a tree.
Not going too far out on the branch.

Personally I'm using electrical cord. But I wouldn't recommend it.
it's a bit tough.

As for your family, if you do it outside or away from home , Either way when your body is found by EMS or LE.
It still will cause some trauma I'm assuming.

F

fakeimportance

May 4, 2023
Not sure what your urgency is but sorry its brought you here.

How long is the belt?
and what type of fabric? The silk type ones ?

Not sure safer is really the right word. But other than rope...
I've read:
Bedsheets
Belt
Jump rope
What type of knot are you using?
and I'm assuming full (not partial)

As for tree. Depends on your height and weight and the strength of a tree.
Not going too far out on the branch.

Personally I'm using electrical cord. But I wouldn't recommend it.
it's a bit tough.

As for your family, if you do it outside or away from home , Either way when your body is found by EMS or LE.
It still will cause some trauma I'm assuming.

It's just a fleecy fabric, not sure exactly but fluffier than silk. I do think it's risky as the threads could break so I want to try and find something else. Bedsheets or leather belt could be good so thanks for the ideas.

I'm going full because I don't want to mess it up - I'm less than 50kg (I'm anorexic) so I'm light but I am quite tall, though hopefully a branch could hold me. I do think it would be good to put some padding on or use something a little soft so it's not total agony on the neck. As for knot I'm just going for a traditional noose, although a belt can be buckled so that might also be fine.

It is upsetting that it has come to this. I understand I will hurt some people, that's sadly unavoidable - but I've been struggling for the vast majority of my life and its so much harder to live for others than for yourself 😞

squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
It's just a fleecy fabric, not sure exactly but fluffier than silk.
gotcha.
I do think it's risky as the threads could break so I want to try and find something else. Bedsheets or leather belt could be good so thanks for the ideas.
It might. Especially if it's been washed a bunch.
For full I'm not exactly sure how the leather belts would work.
** I forgot to mention the thickness/width of whatever you use. Be cautious of it hitting Adam's apple or wind pipe . This will hurt. **
I'm going full because I don't want to mess it up - I'm less than 50kg (I'm anorexic) so I'm light but I am quite tall, though hopefully a branch could hold me. I do think it would be good to put some padding on or use something a little soft so it's not total agony on the neck. As for knot I'm just going for a traditional noose, although a belt can be buckled so that might also be fine.
I know you said you wanted to rush it. If you do end up having the time I would say get a rope.
That way you know how much weight it can support and there are ones you can buy that are a bit softer.
Yah I think a branch could work but a thicker one and not on the edge. Or rotting.
A noose - or hangman noose.
They are different
( just a normal noose can slip so be careful)
( I've tested a few. Slipknot etc. But im going) (with a Taut line hitch)
I know for night night method it says to tape bean bags on the neck exactly on the carotid arteries. But for full I don't think this would work. Because you need the "rope" to be right under chin away from wind pipe and pressure on the arteries ( have you found yours ?)
It is upsetting that it has come to this. I understand I will hurt some people, that's sadly unavoidable - but I've been struggling for the vast majority of my life and its so much harder to live for others than for yourself 😞
Yes it is very upsetting and whatever your choice. To stay or to go. Hopefully you can find some peace either way.
I agree. For others. Yourself. In general.
It is not a fun burden to deal with.

Last edited:
S

sadshrike

Feb 2, 2022
I'm massively phobic of throwing up, too! Emetophobia sucks.