• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

sisyphus_

Feb 3, 2024
Hello everyone, I have posted about my uniquely terrible experience here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-i-desperately-need-help.153891/#post-2379143

As a follow up, I recently interviewed with a startup and got an offer, the compensation is incredibly high and from the interaction I've had with the team they seem really nice and cool and even the tech they use is well aligned with my skills and the idea is revolutionary AI stuff.

However I'm really hesitant and I absolutely don't know if I should take it or not, I've been trying to recover but I still feel nowhere ready to take on a full time position, meanwhile my savings are running out and I don't have any other offers/prospects.

I'm afraid of fucking up and turning what seems to be a great opportunity to a traumatic experience which would set me further back in case I burn out again... Because ideally the sort of job I would be able to do well in is a slow paced one at a corporate or mid sized company.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
First of congratulations!
It is awesome to get such a great offer in your time of need.
Many say it's easier to find a job while being employed and secure so maybe even if this might be a bit too fast paced for you at the moment during those first few months you can always apply for something more fitting on the side.
And who knows maybe it will be fun for you in the long run and offer great benefits.
Anyhow congrats again and greetings from Germany.
You got this! I believe in you 🍷
Monique

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Hello everyone, I have posted about my uniquely terrible experience here: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-i-desperately-need-help.153891/#post-2379143

As a follow up, I recently interviewed with a startup and got an offer, the compensation is incredibly high and from the interaction I've had with the team they seem really nice and cool and even the tech they use is well aligned with my skills and the idea is revolutionary AI stuff.

However I'm really hesitant and I absolutely don't know if I should take it or not, I've been trying to recover but I still feel nowhere ready to take on a full time position, meanwhile my savings are running out and I don't have any other offers/prospects.

I'm afraid of fucking up and turning what seems to be a great opportunity to a traumatic experience which would set me further back in case I burn out again... Because ideally the sort of job I would be able to do well in is a slow paced one at a corporate or mid sized company.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Congratulations!

First advice is take a moment to just be happy. Getting an offer is a good sign whether you take it or not.

I got a new job recently after posting on here about getting canned. I have to work more hours now, but I'm being more productive because it is more interesting work and I'm being given more real responsibility. I don't feel like just a cog in the machine, I'm much more like one of the people making it run. I say this because you may say you want a slow-paced job, but it may be worth trying something where you feel like your skills are well-utilized and appreciated.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
After applying and getting rejected 300 times and then my wife leaving me I don't anymore want to work. There is no point anymore. It has been made clear to me that I'm useless anyway, so why even try. I don't want to interact with people making dumb office jokes and pretend to them that I'm happy every minute and then come home to nothing. It's pure mental torture to me when having social anxiety (which I was ready to just overcome because my wife was there to motivate me, but now no longer... I could never anymore pretend to be happy). I want to just wither away in a dark room (maybe VSED will be my preferred method).
But congratz to you for getting the offer. I wish you the best in the job 😊

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
After applying and getting rejected 300 times and then my wife leaving me I don't anymore want to work. There is no point anymore. It has been made clear to me that I'm useless anyway, so why even try. I don't want to interact with people making dumb office jokes and pretend to them that I'm happy every minute and then come home to nothing. It's pure mental torture to me when having social anxiety (which I was ready to just overcome because my wife was there to motivate me, but now no longer... I could never anymore pretend to be happy). I want to just wither away in a dark room (maybe VSED will be my preferred method).
But congratz to you for getting the offer. I wish you the best in the job 😊
I'm sorry your wife left you. It must be tough to stay afloat when the one person who was supposed to be in your corner stabs you in the back.
I hope you can still find some joy these days. Best not to do anything harsh without researching it well enough. They have this peaceful pill handbook being passed around on ss-telegram. In case you are very new to feeling hopeless it might help prevent a disability in the long term since your profile is still very new. It's hard to pass. And many don't make it without scars or permanent damage.
Do they have good social care where you live? Been on disability myself since a couple of years. You don't have to force yourself to work if you need a break.
Take care

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty