• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
Has anyone here tried any unusual treatments, or have any ideas? I feel like there has to be more than just talk therapy and medications.

I have looked into things, one thing I have tried is neurofeedback, it helped the anxiety a little but didn't do anything for depression.

I am looking into psychedelics next, does anyone have any advice on this? Or on mushrooms, if you've tried it did you do microdosing or a full dose and did it help?

What about spiritual healing? Or philosophical teachings?

It's ok if it only caused a very small change, I still want to hear about it. I really do want to try every single thing I possibly can before confirming my plan. Also, I do try to focus on health and I do exercise and meditate since I know some people use that as 'treatment' so if there's any other specific things like that that you have found to help please let me know.

• Love
Reactions: JustABug
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
I can speak on a few things.

Psychedelics can be a double edged sword, but from personal experience and from the experiences of some of my friends. They can be incredibly helpful, at least temporarily. I've tried microdosing and dont really understand the hype. I've heard it's changed some peoples lives. I'm my case, larger doses (not "heroic" doses though) have really helped me feel positive and hopeful for awhile, but it's not permanent by any means. At least not in my experience. They don't make your problems go away, but they give you a forced change of perspective on your problems.

Spiritual / philosophical healing can be valuable depending on how you view those things. Often when I'm in the trenches, I'll pull out my Bible or other spiritual text. My dad sent me the "interlinear Bible" in which the Old Testament is written in Hebrew and the new in Greek, with English translations of course. But those scripts are really pretty, and I've been slowly learning both of the languages as a side hobby. Reading those texts in their original tongue is quite a different experience, and quite a good distraction.

And yes, philosophy is great. I enjoy all kinds but my heart lies in absurdist existentialism.

I commend you on exhausting your options first. Sometime a revelation comes of it and your mind is changed. Hope you figure it out and find relief, whatever it is
Also, I do try to focus on health and I do exercise and meditate since I know some people use that as 'treatment' so if there's any other specific things like that that you have found to help please let me know.
If you don't already practice it, yoga can be really nice too

Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
I've done ketamine as a medical treatment for depression for almost a year. It did help a fair bit. Didn't last, and I got tired of it (made me nauseous and sleepy, plus was expensive) but when I was doing it and it still worked, I felt normal. Like I wasn't depressed at all, and none of the things making me miserable made me miserable anymore. I'd forgotten what being normal felt like. It was wild. Maybe it'll stick for you, it's well worth a shot if you can get it. I'll answer questions you have about it if you have any.

platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I can speak on a few things.

Psychedelics can be a double edged sword, but from personal experience and from the experiences of some of my friends. They can be incredibly helpful, at least temporarily. I've tried microdosing and dont really understand the hype. I've heard it's changed some peoples lives. I'm my case, larger doses (not "heroic" doses though) have really helped me feel positive and hopeful for awhile, but it's not permanent by any means. At least not in my experience. They don't make your problems go away, but they give you a forced change of perspective on your problems.

Spiritual / philosophical healing can be valuable depending on how you view those things. Often when I'm in the trenches, I'll pull out my Bible or other spiritual text. My dad sent me the "interlinear Bible" in which the Old Testament is written in Hebrew and the new in Greek, with English translations of course. But those scripts are really pretty, and I've been slowly learning both of the languages as a side hobby. Reading those texts in their original tongue is quite a different experience, and quite a good distraction.

And yes, philosophy is great. I enjoy all kinds but my heart lies in absurdist existentialism.

I commend you on exhausting your options first. Sometime a revelation comes of it and your mind is changed. Hope you figure it out and find relief, whatever it is

If you don't already practice it, yoga can be really nice too
Thank you for the response. That is interesting, a change of perspective might help, would you recommend starting with microdosing just in case? If so, do you have any advice for getting into that, like how much to take? And I definitely hope to get more into philosophy, but I do struggle with finding the time to read. Thank you for your info and I hope you can find some more relief too.
I've done ketamine as a medical treatment for depression for almost a year. It did help a fair bit. Didn't last, and I got tired of it (made me nauseous and sleepy, plus was expensive) but when I was doing it and it still worked, I felt normal. Like I wasn't depressed at all, and none of the things making me miserable made me miserable anymore. I'd forgotten what being normal felt like. It was wild. Maybe it'll stick for you, it's well worth a shot if you can get it. I'll answer questions you have about it if you have any.
Thank you for this info, I have heard of ketamine but I haven't talked to anyone who tried it. What was the price range for it? And how often did you need to do it? I hope that you can find another treatment that can last.

• Love
moondazed

moondazed

ex nihilo nihil fit
Oct 14, 2023
do you have any advice for getting into that, like how much to take?
For shrooms, I'd start with no more than 1 gram if you're new to it, but I've done full 8ths (3.6g) and had very pleasant experiences. I did a quarter (~8g) once and was in very good company and had an amazing and profound time, but it can overwhelm a lot of people so you should be aware. Personally I prefer LSD. I think my experience with dealing with intense anxiety made psychedelics less threatening to me and I've never had a "bad trip" aside from some moments during trips when I've felt anxious but I always get over it quickly.

If you have hesitation or anxiety, definitely start small. Depending on your body type and metabolism it'll hit you lighter or harder. If you feel like it's not for you, don't force it and it's okay to take a pass. But it's a good medicine. Many cultures have used psilocybin and other mushroom medicines for these things for ages.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I definitely hope to get more into philosophy, but I do struggle with finding the time to read.
Here are a few philosophy podcasts I like. They are accessible and can help introduce you to a particular philosophy that you'd like to read more of.

Philosophize This! with Stephen West
(A personal favorite. Highly recommend listening in order.)

History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps with Peter Adamson
(Goes through western philosophy in chronological order)

Adamson also has another series:
History of Indian and Africana Philosophy

Also, this thread had some interesting conversation about philosophy, with various suggestions.
I have heard of ketamine but I haven't talked to anyone who tried it.

Here's a thread another member started sharing their experience.

Last edited:
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Has anyone here tried any unusual treatments, or have any ideas? I feel like there has to be more than just talk therapy and medications.

I have looked into things, one thing I have tried is neurofeedback, it helped the anxiety a little but didn't do anything for depression.

I am looking into psychedelics next, does anyone have any advice on this? Or on mushrooms, if you've tried it did you do microdosing or a full dose and did it help?

What about spiritual healing? Or philosophical teachings?

It's ok if it only caused a very small change, I still want to hear about it. I really do want to try every single thing I possibly can before confirming my plan. Also, I do try to focus on health and I do exercise and meditate since I know some people use that as 'treatment' so if there's any other specific things like that that you have found to help please let me know.
I did 3.5 g psilocybin mushrooms twice. and it really helped my depression. If you decide to go that route, do a lot of research first on taking them. I watched the video on YouTube from the huberman podcast about psilocybin and how it works in the brain, some Netflix special about psilocybin, and read a lot of papers... I ended up following the Johns Hopkins protocol for psilocybin. Everything but the therapist since I didn't have access to either a mental health professional to help me through the trip or a trip sitter, but I really recommend at least having a sitter if you can who stays sober and is able to help you through the experience. You will also want to do research on mental health conditions you have and if psilocybin use may be conflicting with them. I do remember seeing what people prone to certain hallucinatory disorders should not take psychedelics but you can also proceed with caution if you feel you are able to.

You will want to have an anti-nausea medication that doesn't impede psilocybin , ondansetron ODT/ZOFRAN does work for this. It's usually fairly easy to get, you can tell a doctor that you've been nauseous and throwing up and you took it in the past with no problems.

For the protocol, They dosed participants with 25 mg of psilocybin, played a specific playlist which you can actually find on Spotify, had them lay down in a comfortable and familiar space, and wear an eye mask for the entire experience. I did 3.5 g because for the strain of shrooms I had, it was my best bet for getting close to 25 mg of psilocybin. I also did a lemon tek which accelerates the onset of the trip and shortens the trip, and has the added bonus of helping your body convert to the active psychedelic compound psilocin faster. This also supposedly helps with nausea. Along with the ondansetron.

I forget exactly how the music helps, something with guiding the experience. But for the eye mask it's really essential, because psilocybin is very similarly shaped to serotonin, and your visual receptors have serotonin receptors on them. So by making it "dark" you free up the psilocybin to take to the rest of the serotonin receptors in your brain, which assists with the healing properties of breaking down the default node network in the brain. You will still have visual hallucinations because psilocybin will still bind to some visual receptors, but it's better for the therapeutic purpose to have the eye mask on.

I did my doses 14 days apart, which is recommended by some of the protocols.

My first trip was really lovely. I had a lot of fun, was really giggly, and had a sense of understanding with myself that was really healing. I thought it was so cool that despite everything I have been through that I have a heart full of love, and that I do my best to give love to other people even if they are not so loving to me. I really had a deep feeling of appreciation and thought that was a beautiful aspect of myself and something worth saving.

My second trip was very difficult. I had a similar experience to the first one until I started to come down, and then I took my eye mask off to to get up to go to the bathroom, but I felt like I dissolved. I looked at my hand in the air and it's like it disappeared. This was very upsetting to me because I immediately thought, oh no if I'm dying, who's going to tell my partner, and then this eventually led me to a thought loop about how no one's coming to save me from my inevitable suicide. I got so upset that I threw up, and I was stuck in a bit of a rumination cycle the next day and in a lot of physical pain as well.

I should note that if you have a difficult trip like this, there are hotlines like project fireside where you can talk about psychedelic reintegration and how those experiences made you feel which was really helpful for me after my difficult experience. If it is truly unbearable, you can kill the trip with substantial doses of benzodiazepines, so it may be worth having some on hand. If you can't get it prescribed, you can get research chemical benzodiazepines like bromazalam online even on the clear web. They are however unregulated so it would be wise to get them tested or at least use test strips to make sure nothing harmful is in there, and try a very small dose of it first.

All in all, using psilocybin really did take away my depression. If I wasn't being actively abused by people and institutions right now in my life, psilocybin treatment would have been enough to make me turn away from suicide. I wish I had tried it sooner, maybe I would not have ended up in the place I am in now where very little can help me get away from this.

platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I did 3.5 g psilocybin mushrooms twice. and it really helped my depression. If you decide to go that route, do a lot of research first on taking them. I watched the video on YouTube from the huberman podcast about psilocybin and how it works in the brain, some Netflix special about psilocybin, and read a lot of papers... I ended up following the Johns Hopkins protocol for psilocybin. Everything but the therapist since I didn't have access to either a mental health professional to help me through the trip or a trip sitter, but I really recommend at least having a sitter if you can who stays sober and is able to help you through the experience. You will also want to do research on mental health conditions you have and if psilocybin use may be conflicting with them. I do remember seeing what people prone to certain hallucinatory disorders should not take psychedelics but you can also proceed with caution if you feel you are able to.

You will want to have an anti-nausea medication that doesn't impede psilocybin , ondansetron ODT/ZOFRAN does work for this. It's usually fairly easy to get, you can tell a doctor that you've been nauseous and throwing up and you took it in the past with no problems.

For the protocol, They dosed participants with 25 mg of psilocybin, played a specific playlist which you can actually find on Spotify, had them lay down in a comfortable and familiar space, and wear an eye mask for the entire experience. I did 3.5 g because for the strain of shrooms I had, it was my best bet for getting close to 25 mg of psilocybin. I also did a lemon tek which accelerates the onset of the trip and shortens the trip, and has the added bonus of helping your body convert to the active psychedelic compound psilocin faster. This also supposedly helps with nausea. Along with the ondansetron.

I forget exactly how the music helps, something with guiding the experience. But for the eye mask it's really essential, because psilocybin is very similarly shaped to serotonin, and your visual receptors have serotonin receptors on them. So by making it "dark" you free up the psilocybin to take to the rest of the serotonin receptors in your brain, which assists with the healing properties of breaking down the default node network in the brain. You will still have visual hallucinations because psilocybin will still bind to some visual receptors, but it's better for the therapeutic purpose to have the eye mask on.

I did my doses 14 days apart, which is recommended by some of the protocols.

My first trip was really lovely. I had a lot of fun, was really giggly, and had a sense of understanding with myself that was really healing. I thought it was so cool that despite everything I have been through that I have a heart full of love, and that I do my best to give love to other people even if they are not so loving to me. I really had a deep feeling of appreciation and thought that was a beautiful aspect of myself and something worth saving.

My second trip was very difficult. I had a similar experience to the first one until I started to come down, and then I took my eye mask off to to get up to go to the bathroom, but I felt like I dissolved. I looked at my hand in the air and it's like it disappeared. This was very upsetting to me because I immediately thought, oh no if I'm dying, who's going to tell my partner, and then this eventually led me to a thought loop about how no one's coming to save me from my inevitable suicide. I got so upset that I threw up, and I was stuck in a bit of a rumination cycle the next day and in a lot of physical pain as well.

I should note that if you have a difficult trip like this, there are hotlines like project fireside where you can talk about psychedelic reintegration and how those experiences made you feel which was really helpful for me after my difficult experience. If it is truly unbearable, you can kill the trip with substantial doses of benzodiazepines, so it may be worth having some on hand. If you can't get it prescribed, you can get research chemical benzodiazepines like bromazalam online even on the clear web. They are however unregulated so it would be wise to get them tested or at least use test strips to make sure nothing harmful is in there, and try a very small dose of it first.

All in all, using psilocybin really did take away my depression. If I wasn't being actively abused by people and institutions right now in my life, psilocybin treatment would have been enough to make me turn away from suicide. I wish I had tried it sooner, maybe I would not have ended up in the place I am in now where very little can help me get away from this.
Thank you so much this is really helpful! And thank you for mentioning the resources, I am trying to do as much research as possible. I had worries about having a bad trip so that is good to know. Do you have any tips to avoid things going wrong? Like would it be best to stay seated with an eye mask for as long as possible? I'm glad that they helped you that much but I am sorry you are in such a bad situation, I am wishing the best for you.

• Love
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Thank you so much this is really helpful! And thank you for mentioning the resources, I am trying to do as much research as possible. I had worries about having a bad trip so that is good to know. Do you have any tips to avoid things going wrong? Like would it be best to stay seated with an eye mask for as long as possible? I'm glad that they helped you that much but I am sorry you are in such a bad situation, I am wishing the best for you.
I would lay down, trips are 4-8 hours long so you'll probably want to be lying down. You'll want to listen to the JH psilocybin playlist too, since it was put together by the researchers.

You should do a lot of mental preparation ahead of time. And accept that a difficult experience may be a necessary part of your journey to reflect on. And also remind yourself that you won't feel that way forever, and worst case if it is truly unbearable, benzodiazepines can get you out of a truly bad trip. Do some research as well on "set and setting" so you can understand the kind of mental work you should approach before trying psilocybin. For people who are lucky enough to get into a clinical trial, they have therapists help them with this. For the rest of us, you have to do the work yourself or be able to pay the steep fees associated with psychedelic therapists. I couldn't, so I just did a lot to prepare myself ahead of my journeys.

I personally didn't take benzos and just accepted the difficult experience. It was hard on me the day after too. But I was ok again. I really think if my mental health was my only issue I would have been saved by psilocybin. I really recommend people try it with proper preparation, before giving up and resigning to suicide.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
This morning I thought of another suggestion that may be something to look into.

Im curious if you have looked into different therapy modalities. There are a lot of different approaches that differ from typical talk therapy. Here are a few that I've found helpful:

Internal Family Systems (IFS).
This modality works various internal parts and their relationships. I have found it to be helpful. A good place to start is the book "No Bad Parts" by Richard Schwartz. This work could be done solo, without a therapist.

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). The overall goal of this modality is increasing psychological flexibility. The six fain facets of it are: contacting the present moment, defusion, acceptance, self-as-context, values, and committed action. Also can be done alone.

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). This modality is used to help process traumatic experiences. It utilizes side to side eye movement and reprocessing. I know several people who have found it very helpful.

platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
This morning I thought of another suggestion that may be something to look into.

Im curious if you have looked into different therapy modalities. There are a lot of different approaches that differ from typical talk therapy. Here are a few that I've found helpful:

Internal Family Systems (IFS).
This modality works various internal parts and their relationships. I have found it to be helpful. A good place to start is the book "No Bad Parts" by Richard Schwartz. This work could be done solo, without a therapist.

Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). The overall goal of this modality is increasing psychological flexibility. The six fain facets of it are: contacting the present moment, defusion, acceptance, self-as-context, values, and committed action. Also can be done alone.

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). This modality is used to help process traumatic experiences. It utilizes side to side eye movement and reprocessing. I know several people who have found it very helpful.
Thank you for both your responses! I'm going to check out those podcasts for sure. And thank you for the different types of therapy, I was looking for something like that but I had no idea where to start. I struggled to find therapy methods especially ones that can be done alone, so that's very helpful.

Wouldpecker

Wouldpecker

If only, if only.
Oct 10, 2023
Thank you for this info, I have heard of ketamine but I haven't talked to anyone who tried it. What was the price range for it? And how often did you need to do it? I hope that you can find another treatment that can last.
Thank you for the kind hope. Sorry for the late response, I've had to pull together the info to give to you. I went more in-depth than you asked, but answered your questions first. If that's all you need you can stop reading after I answered those two questions. Added the rest for you/anyone else who wants to know.
So I've done two types of ketamine. Infusion, which was done in a fancy treatment place and through IV, and at-home treatment with troches (later switched to suppositories because troches taste godawful. Just thinking about the taste makes me nauseous). I would definitely recommend it if you can swing the price.

Cost-wise, the infusion was $650 for one session and I did six sessions, so total $3900. Crazy money. Probably costs more now. I'd assume in the ballpark of $4000-4500, depending on location I had to get a ride to the treatment center too because you obviously can't drive while tripping balls. Time-wise, I did it either once weekly or twice weekly until I'd done the six? As for the at-home, the ketamine was super cheap. $30-40 bucks for a month's worth. The expensive part was the required psych evaluation, which was $250 a month, where a toad-faced fool would rattle off a list of depression questions at me for 10-15 minutes and I'd get my prescription fulfilled at the end of it. They started me at every 3 days, but it wasn't really working, so they went to the max dose they could prescribe- 400 mg every other day. My depression is apparently not like the other depressions, haha.

I don't think any of it was covered by insurance, but that was over a year ago, so it might have changed. I know insurance didn't cover it because it was experimental. So you might be able to get insurance to cover some now. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

The ketamine thread previously posted is an interesting one, especially because it's nothing like my own experience. I never felt overly emotional after doing ketamine, just normal. The way a normal person feels. It was like my depression switch had been turned off, and I could feel other feelings than hopelessness, boredom, and shame. It was really really nice. I'd recommend trying it just for that, if it works for you. It had been so long since I felt normal I'd completely forgotten how awesome it was. Reminded me why some people actually like living if nothing else.

Sometimes I tried to set intentions for my sessions. I wasn't that good at it, and quickly devolved into "me like how drug feel," so I'm sure I didn't get the maximum benefit out of it. Take note that troches are horrid, but they are predictable. With suppositories the effect could have me hallucinating out of my mind for 1+ hour or give me a mildly pleasant buzz with no hallucination. Apparently this is due to how far you push it in? It'll absorb differently depending on where it "sits." The main effect of hallucination never lasted more than two hours. Also, the strength of the reaction will weaken over time if you use it heavily and consistently like I did.

Some tips if you or anyone else reading this decides to do it:

Don't do two doses at the same time. As tempting as it is. As suicidal as you may be. And absolutely do not do two doses on a work morning. Especially if it's the second week at a new job. You will end up covered in vomit and regret, having lost the entire half of the day, with vague memory flashes of what happened (mostly lying on the floor) and a lot of excuses to make.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER BEFORE AND AFTER. Or some other hydrating thing (sports drink, drink tablets) if you don't like water. I learned quickly that if I didn't, the ketamine hangover would give me awful dehydration headaches.

I generally liked doing the at-home ketamine in the morning. If I did it in the morning, I'd feel a little hungover all day, but if I did it at night/evening, I'd wake up feeling hungover and that'd carry over throughout the next day. Your milage may vary, though, so do some testing for the best time.

If it gives you nausea, get anti-nausea tablets with the ketamine and follow the instructions before doing it. Big help.

Go somewhere you won't be interrupted, and where you'll have peace and quiet for 3+ hours. Having people try to get your attention really messes with the experience. Which is also why I did it very early in the morning. If you live alone this won't be a problem.

Start playing music as soon as you take it, and don't do anything else (except maybe reading, and stick to some sort of philosophy book that gets you into the "right" headspace, whatever that means to you). Sounds obvious, but when I started at home my instructions were "do something that makes you feel happy" so I'd watch some of my favorite comedy show or play a video game and then be like "wow, this felt really ineffective compared to the IV, wonder why that is?" Realized I was probably doing it wrong when I had a trip that started with me playing Plants Vs Zombies as I was waiting for it to kick in, and the entire trip ended up being a hallucination of playing more Plants Vs Zombies. Like I was floating above a giant Plants Vs Zombies board and my mind was controlling the moves. It was interesting and pretty fun, but not helpful-I'm not the sharpest crayon sometimes. There are nice ketamine playlists available on YouTube I like. Calm drum beats are good too.

I'm sure I missed something so if you have more questions ask away.

D

Done_Surviving

Student
Sep 17, 2023
I'm currently micro-dosing on psilocybin, just yesterday I switched to two days on, and three days off. So far the changes have been very subtle. Like I don't find myself thinking negative thoughts so often, or I feel a bit more energy throughout the day. But nothing really groundbreaking so far, still depressed and still a bit suicidal. I've only been on it for a couple of weeks though, so I don't really have any grounds for recommendations, all I can say is that I'm doing it and I'm not dying and it is not messing up with my other medications (clonazepam, atomoxetine, and duloxetine) as far as I know of, and it doesn't make me trip or changes my behavior in any way. But if you wanna try I really recommend doing your own research before taking any action, and keep in mind that they are kinda hard to get, especially outside the US.

bridgegirl

bridgegirl

life on the edge, I guess
Oct 16, 2023
I've been wanting to do the psychedelics thing. I found a spot in my city that offers it. The full course or whatever all told comes to just over $4k. If I had any money at all, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I want to try to save up for it but idk if I will be able to do it in time. So we'll see.

platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
Thank you for the kind hope. Sorry for the late response, I've had to pull together the info to give to you. I went more in-depth than you asked, but answered your questions first. If that's all you need you can stop reading after I answered those two questions. Added the rest for you/anyone else who wants to know.
So I've done two types of ketamine. Infusion, which was done in a fancy treatment place and through IV, and at-home treatment with troches (later switched to suppositories because troches taste godawful. Just thinking about the taste makes me nauseous). I would definitely recommend it if you can swing the price.

Cost-wise, the infusion was $650 for one session and I did six sessions, so total $3900. Crazy money. Probably costs more now. I'd assume in the ballpark of $4000-4500, depending on location I had to get a ride to the treatment center too because you obviously can't drive while tripping balls. Time-wise, I did it either once weekly or twice weekly until I'd done the six? As for the at-home, the ketamine was super cheap. $30-40 bucks for a month's worth. The expensive part was the required psych evaluation, which was $250 a month, where a toad-faced fool would rattle off a list of depression questions at me for 10-15 minutes and I'd get my prescription fulfilled at the end of it. They started me at every 3 days, but it wasn't really working, so they went to the max dose they could prescribe- 400 mg every other day. My depression is apparently not like the other depressions, haha.

I don't think any of it was covered by insurance, but that was over a year ago, so it might have changed. I know insurance didn't cover it because it was experimental. So you might be able to get insurance to cover some now. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

The ketamine thread previously posted is an interesting one, especially because it's nothing like my own experience. I never felt overly emotional after doing ketamine, just normal. The way a normal person feels. It was like my depression switch had been turned off, and I could feel other feelings than hopelessness, boredom, and shame. It was really really nice. I'd recommend trying it just for that, if it works for you. It had been so long since I felt normal I'd completely forgotten how awesome it was. Reminded me why some people actually like living if nothing else.

Sometimes I tried to set intentions for my sessions. I wasn't that good at it, and quickly devolved into "me like how drug feel," so I'm sure I didn't get the maximum benefit out of it. Take note that troches are horrid, but they are predictable. With suppositories the effect could have me hallucinating out of my mind for 1+ hour or give me a mildly pleasant buzz with no hallucination. Apparently this is due to how far you push it in? It'll absorb differently depending on where it "sits." The main effect of hallucination never lasted more than two hours. Also, the strength of the reaction will weaken over time if you use it heavily and consistently like I did.

Some tips if you or anyone else reading this decides to do it:

Don't do two doses at the same time. As tempting as it is. As suicidal as you may be. And absolutely do not do two doses on a work morning. Especially if it's the second week at a new job. You will end up covered in vomit and regret, having lost the entire half of the day, with vague memory flashes of what happened (mostly lying on the floor) and a lot of excuses to make.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER BEFORE AND AFTER. Or some other hydrating thing (sports drink, drink tablets) if you don't like water. I learned quickly that if I didn't, the ketamine hangover would give me awful dehydration headaches.

I generally liked doing the at-home ketamine in the morning. If I did it in the morning, I'd feel a little hungover all day, but if I did it at night/evening, I'd wake up feeling hungover and that'd carry over throughout the next day. Your milage may vary, though, so do some testing for the best time.

If it gives you nausea, get anti-nausea tablets with the ketamine and follow the instructions before doing it. Big help.

Go somewhere you won't be interrupted, and where you'll have peace and quiet for 3+ hours. Having people try to get your attention really messes with the experience. Which is also why I did it very early in the morning. If you live alone this won't be a problem.

Start playing music as soon as you take it, and don't do anything else (except maybe reading, and stick to some sort of philosophy book that gets you into the "right" headspace, whatever that means to you). Sounds obvious, but when I started at home my instructions were "do something that makes you feel happy" so I'd watch some of my favorite comedy show or play a video game and then be like "wow, this felt really ineffective compared to the IV, wonder why that is?" Realized I was probably doing it wrong when I had a trip that started with me playing Plants Vs Zombies as I was waiting for it to kick in, and the entire trip ended up being a hallucination of playing more Plants Vs Zombies. Like I was floating above a giant Plants Vs Zombies board and my mind was controlling the moves. It was interesting and pretty fun, but not helpful-I'm not the sharpest crayon sometimes. There are nice ketamine playlists available on YouTube I like. Calm drum beats are good too.

I'm sure I missed something so if you have more questions ask away.
I ended up replying late too so no worries. Thank you so much for such a well thought out response, that is very helpful. While I didn't know much about Ketamine treatment at first I know that there's a school by me that has some research on it, and I will try to learn about others experiences too. The Plants vs. Zombies thing is definitely interesting haha

LivingForTheMoment

LivingForTheMoment

Finding Happiness and Helping Others!
Dec 31, 2022
Unrelated but I like the Punpun profile picture.

Also meditation has helped me out a ton!