• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SoapyLL

SoapyLL

Apr 10, 2024
I'm interested in knowing how people feel about the potential of deadly alcohol poisoning as a method? Personally, I understand it is not a particularly painless method and also not a common one, but during an emotional episode I was desperate to think of a way that would be relatively quick, successful, and not very nasty looking to those who'd find me, more as a way to calm myself and have more control in the moment (In the sense that I had an option if I desired it, y'know?).

Well, alcohol poisoning ended being the method I thought about most. It's actually quite interesting how people don't seem to use this method more often? I mean it seems like an easily accessible method that isn't nearly as nasty as I imagine the long aftermath of hanging is, nor do you have to be as precise about anything like SN. On one hand I see the other methods as better, but on the other hand I've been thinking about it more over the week and I might actually choose this method at one point?

A little calculations to have, at least, enough to do it, no eating for 24hrs or more, and no one around to discover it until it's too late: seems like a decent way to ctb. But maybe I'm not thinking about other aspects? Thoughts?

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice
Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I've had alcohol poisoning before. Vomited profusely for several hours, drifting in and out of awareness, before eventually passing out. Came to several hours later and was extremely unwell for a good few weeks but survived with no consequences after no medical assistance. It's not common because poisoning doesn't mean a lethal dose. Your body gets rid of the "poison" unless you happen to choke on your vomit or have pre-existing issues with your liver, for example.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
As with any overdose, you will be fighting your body's natural reaction to purge the toxin.

If I were to try this, after imbibing enough, I would probably strap myself down in bed so that I was on my back and couldn't roll onto my side- but this would also mean that I'm likely to die via asphyxiating on my own vomit, so I would certainly hope that I wasn't conscious for it- because that would not be pleasant.

Personally, I think other methods would be more peaceful, and more likely to succeed.

SoapyLL

SoapyLL

Apr 10, 2024
As with any overdose, you will be fighting your body's natural reaction to purge the toxin.

If I were to try this, after imbibing enough, I would probably strap myself down in bed so that I was on my back and couldn't roll onto my side- but this would also mean that I'm likely to die via asphyxiating on my own vomit, so I would certainly hope that I wasn't conscious for it- because that would not be pleasant.

Personally, I think other methods would be more peaceful, and more likely to succeed.
I did think about that, definitely not peaceful or painless. But paired with vomit-suppressing medications similar to SN I wondered how the method would fair? Of course alcohol makes most medications practically useless, method may not have been as smart as my brain made it out to be during the episode.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
I did think about that, definitely not peaceful or painless. But paired with vomit-suppressing medications similar to SN I wondered how the method would fair? Of course alcohol makes most medications practically useless, method may not have been as smart as my brain made it out to be during the episode.
Likely not well, even with antiemetics.
I mean sure, there have been plenty of news articles about kids pledging to frats and dying of alcohol poisoning- so it's possible, but… personally, I would expect to wake up with this method.

It is unlikely to succeed, imho.

B

botanist_dude

Apr 29, 2024
It can be done, but alcohol has to be taken extremely fast. A guy in Mexico died becuase he drank like 50 tequila shots in 2 minutes. Completely insane. It was rather quickly and painless, but again, I have no idea how much do geneticst take part of this