FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I do recognise therapy can be a useful tool but we need to be honest not everyone needs therapy for every single problem. This year I have lost track of the amount of judgemental people in reddit advice support communities and discord server groups who have rudely told me to "go see a therapist" whenever I open up about my loss of confidence of getting fired from my first full time job since graduating and the heartbreak over the older man I fell deeply in love with.

Sometimes connecting with your fellow humans over difficulties can make a huge difference. Rescently I went on a course helping unemployed welfare claimants find work . In one group work activity I met a woman in her 30s and an Immigrant. During the 10 minutes we had together it was so shocking how we are so similar.She then opened up to me about the bullying and humiliation she received at work from her boss and colleagues for being a foreigner and a woman.

The woman and I we both lost our jobs around the same time each other. This year January she quit her job as she got tired of the daily bullying and weeks later after she quit I got fired from my job in mid February I was visibly horrified as she gave the details and I deeply sympathised with her. Then I told her my story. We both wished each other well. It was so comforting knowing in another workplace there was a woman like me who struggled at work just I did. She just like me fought everyday till the end.

We would be a much better society if we actually connected honestly with each other over our past and present struggles and helped people find a way to deal with their problems. Looking back now I realise I never needed therapy. It is normal that I was disappointed and lost confidence over getting fired from my first post university job, it is normal I am still heart-broken over a man I deeply loved who made me feel so special. I just needed comfort and knowing other women experienced what I am experiencing and overcome that especially over the heartbreak involving an older male.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Pipsqueak!, telw84, AntHills and 3 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
I honestly believe that just having more connections that are honest and not so superficial and judgey would reduce a lot of these problems. Sadly, considering everything currently happening in the world and how Instagram and other social media apps focus more on the superficial elements and press down most everyone who isn't photogenic or extremely talented or a celebrity of sorts, then I foresee more death by the person's hand rather than any sort of humanitarian way of resolution.

Reactions: telw84
garbagepunk

garbagepunk

May 21, 2023
that will never happen
we are too many and are raised in really different environments
there will allways be evil

• Hugs
Reactions: FireFox, kitty_kat, myusername890 and 2 others
T

telw84

Sep 21, 2023
Very well said op, I feel many of us are here because of the lack of care and empathy rife in society about now, nobody seems to care for eachother which to me is odd, as we are supposed too, and our ancestors did or we would never have gotten this far, it is a pretty depressing time period to live in that is for sure, some refer to it as a pit of moral decay, others, the after effects of covid and lockdowns, either way I have never felt so isolated and alone as now, and there is simply no care to be found out there in our local communities, at least for many of us here I am guessing, even those paid to care such as mental health professionals often dont, pretty sad state of affairs, I wish better for each of us moving forward, but sadly I dont see this individualistic nightmare changing anytime soon, peace to everybody here, ❤️

• Love
Reactions: FireFox and SexyIncél
I

Incandescent

Aug 29, 2023
suicides will continue as long as the human species. The question is if we will ever find a path towards its cultural acceptance.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
If such a thing exists, then how would it be achieved?

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Very well said op, I feel many of us are here because of the lack of care and empathy rife in society about now, nobody seems to care for eachother which to me is odd, as we are supposed too, and our ancestors did or we would never have gotten this far, it is a pretty depressing time period to live in that is for sure, some refer to it as a pit of moral decay, others, the after effects of covid and lockdowns, either way I have never felt so isolated and alone as now, and there is simply no care to be found out there in our local communities, at least for many of us here I am guessing, even those paid to care such as mental health professionals often dont, pretty sad state of affairs, I wish better for each of us moving forward, but sadly I dont see this individualistic nightmare changing anytime soon, peace to everybody here, ❤️
@telw84 Suicide is ultimately a symptom of a broken world. The true poison and sickness is the inhumanity of society. If we did have a better world and compassionate society that actually cared and helped people with their problems sucide will be the exception and not the norm. Why should a person live in a world where nobody cares about them and doesn't appreciate them.

we can not have world without suicide because some mental health illnesses are extremely difficult to live with such as bipolar and schizophrenia however if we did have a better world and society sucide won't be as common.
I honestly believe that just having more connections that are honest and not so superficial and judgey would reduce a lot of these problems. Sadly, considering everything currently happening in the world and how Instagram and other social media apps focus more on the superficial elements and press down most everyone who isn't photogenic or extremely talented or a celebrity of sorts, then I foresee more death by the person's hand rather than any sort of humanitarian way of resolution.
@Seered Doom People need to be real and stop pretending that is how we connect with each other. We would be a much better society if people spoke openly about their failures and more importantly how they managed to overcome it. This will make others realise they are not alone in their struggles.

We live in a world where people just show off with sucess excessively, gossip about other people's lives as if their own lives are perfect and always making others feel ashamed for failing. I don't believe in celebrating failure but I do believe we would be better off as a society if we were more open and honest about our failures and flaws and how we overcame them so others can feel they are not alone.
If such a thing exists, then how would it be achieved?
@Seered Doom we connect by finding common ground and empathising and using our struggles to come together.

We live in a world where people just show off with sucess excessively, gossip about other people's lives as if their own lives are perfect and always making others feel ashamed for failing. I don't believe in celebrating failure but I do believe we would be better off as a society if we were more open and honest about our failures and flaws and how we overcame them so others can feel they are not alone.

Only by meeting another woman who was in a toxic workplace environment like I was it helped me move on from all the pain that workplace caused me and my colleagues who humiliated me and sabotaged me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: telw84