• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
Train or drowning? That is the question. Train has been my chosen method for around a year or so, as I live close to the tracks, but...
Unless I sneak out of my parents' house tonight and go down to the tracks, I will be going on holiday tomorrow. For about two weeks. The only method available to me there would be drowning.
It's near the sea. I couldn't go at night because I wouldn't have access to any keys, but maybe my family would go shopping without me or something.

I never wanted to go on holiday - I don't want to leave my room and the house behind to go stay in a smaller accomodation that will be less comfty and less convinient and all that...
And my family will be even more insistent that I do something. They will be even more unbearable.
Anway, they know that I don't want to go but said that I had to go even if I just stayed in, so that they could go.
So maybe they will be okay with leaving me alone. Then again, they might decide that it isn't good enough that I just be there and that I need to participate in activities. They'll want me to go bodyboarding and stuff - they brought me board.
So, I'm not sure that I will even be left alone then but maybe I could drown myself when we all go down to the beach. They wouldn't be focussed on me all the time and they probably wouldn't be concerned untill I went too far or they heard me stuggling. But I could go so far out that they wouldn't hear me. And even if they noticed, it would be too late before anyone came, supposedly. I'm not sure how hard it'd be to drown yourself. What if I was brought back to shore by the waves before I could drown?
I suppose, that if I were discovered I could just claim my near-death to be a result of bad judgement, etc. If I were to go to the tracks in the middle of the night or early morning and got caught, well...I wouldn't be able to lie myself out of that one.
But, I like the idea of the adrenaline that sneaking out will bring...
I don't know.
Feedback?

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
Feedback?

Jumping in front of a train is morally unacceptable. Traumatizing a train driver because of your problem is not ok.

Also, living with your parents and having to go on holiday with them - you sound far too young that anyone should be giving you ideas, encouragement or advice about suicide.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
idk, could end up with traumatic brain injury from either of those two, in which case you'd likely have to endure even more time

Reactions: Tiburcio
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I considered this method lol! Briefly, but I then it's pretty messy and the trauma to others.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Honestly-please don't do either. Jumping in front of a train is absolutely terrible for the passengers and the train driver and they have to scrape your bloody remains off the tracks and it causes delays for the people who have nothing to do with you.
Drowning is not as easy as one might think-I nearly drowned once and it was TERRIBLE. The pain was excruciating and all I could think of was getting air into my lungs. I developed a phobia of deep water because of it.
There are other methods-guns, poisons, hanging, etc.

Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
Thank you all for your enlightening moral lesson. Now I know that I should refrain from doing anything that traumatises anyone. I will keep living to make sure that no-one would be traumatised by my death and devote my life to becoming a people-pleaser.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
No need to be so sarcastic-I live in Germany and we have loads of people here who kill themselves by jumping under a train. It causes delays for everyone, is very annoying, and also the train driver can be traumatized. I couldn't live with myself (haha, get it?) if I did that to another person.
So if you are going to do it, do it in such a way please, that you don't traumatize someone who is just doing their job.
If a police officer finds you in the woods-it sucks, but they are trained for this kind of thing. Train drivers are not.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Also, think of what would happen if you mess it up-people have lost legs and survived.
Believe me-there are other, much better methods around. Don't rush into this-wait and see how it all develops. Don't do it on a suicidal impulse that then leaves you wheelchair bound for the rest of your life. I'm assuming you're young (can't say what age). That is a LOT of time to be sitting in a wheelchair. And this is coming from me, a person who has been suicidal for 8 years or so.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
Morals are subjective. I don't share your opinion, so I won't be following your advice. I didn't want to be shamed for my method choice, I just wanted an idea of what would be less painful/more effective etc.
Please don't try to claim moral 'high ground' over someone because of their method. There is no 'high ground' because morals are subjective, and it is, quite frankly, offensive.
I'm sure you wouldn't like being made to feel bad for your method.

I'm aware of the risks - every method has risks and train is supposedly a relaible way to go.

Reactions: Sternum
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
You're damaging an innocent person's life who isn't even your family member or friend-how can you decide to do this by jumping under a train? I am not claiming any moral high ground or anything like that, I am just saying what I truly think and feel. It is very cruel to jump in front of a train because you are risking destroying the train driver's mind. In my country, they are now thinking of fining the victim's family for damages due to the fact that many train drivers cannot work because they have driven over people.I truly believe that the afterlife exists and you might just be surprised where you end up. You have every right to kill yourself, I am not talking you out of dying, just not by a method that damages innocent people who have nothing to do with you! There are other things that you can do to kill yourself that are less messy and don't traumatize others. The implications of this act can haunt you forever if you fail, and of course others as well.If you are stuck in a wheelchair, who will wipe your butt?
Just saying.
P.S-I am stopping now, as I don't know if this is allowed on the forum's rules and basically I have nothing more left to say. Please think before you jump.

Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
People pressing charges on a dead person's family for killing themselves is entirely cruel. If anything, the people who disrespect these people for taking their lives this way are the ones causing the most trauma, not the suicidal person.

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I agree that fining the family is cruel and wrong.

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
Alot of passion in these posts. Ive been up less than an hour and thought of my death well over 20 times. It looks like im not the only one. Seriously though ive never fancied the train method. Im not judging anyone who does by the way its your life. Ive seen people get killed on a social media site and its not pretty watching it in real time. I dont like how they want to fine the victims families, thats a disgrace. They had nothing to do with it. Id rather go somewhere that has a high current and drowned than jump infront of a train if them were my only 2 options. Best of luck what you choose.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I've thought about train before, but never thought of drowning. By looking at videos I've seen, train looks potentially less painful, but also more risky if you survive.
I hate having suicidal thoughts.

C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
I didn't want to be shamed for my method choice

Tough luck. It comes with the territory of being an edgy teenager who can't handle criticism. Every teenager on earth goes through the phase of "OMG, morality is subjective! The sheeple don't realize this!". Fortunately, most of them snap out of it before it gets too annoying.

Reactions: creatureoflight
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
If your holiday is in a foreign country it might be a logistical/financial nightmare for your parents to bring your body back. Let alone the mental hardship and added stress to an already very difficult siatuation having to go through the suicide of a son/daughter and on top of that it being done in a foreign country.

As all the posts above. Trying your best to minimize issues for others because of your suicide goes without saying really...

Reactions: skitliv
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I know the train method may seem appealing because it's so easily accessible and it's quick, but I urge you to think of how your actions will affect others. There are many other ways to do this.

Vincent Moraes

Vincent Moraes

Jul 20, 2018
I can't understand why threatening the mental health of a train driver is supposed to be such a concern to someone who supposedly doesn't care about hurting his own family. You are fucking your mother's life for good and you still want to do it, and then you give up a method because of Joseph Train Driver?

Reactions: Anarchy
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I can't understand why threatening the mental health of a train driver is supposed to be such a concern to someone who supposedly doesn't care about hurting his own family. You are fucking your mother's life for good and you still want to do it, and then you give up a method because of Joseph Train Driver?
that with the mother is obvious. But he would be possibly destroying another life as well who didn't even have anything to do with him. And it causes a lot of delays and people have to scrape intestine of the tracks. It is really ugly. And if it doesn't succeed, he will be wheelchair bound and in constant pain.

Reactions: Tiburcio
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018

It doesn't occur to you that hurting your mother, family, friends, etc. is fundamentally inevitable if you commit suicide, but that impacting random strangers is not inevitable or necessary?

Plenty of people have jumped in front of trains, and they don't get vilified for it. Everybody understands that they were in a lot of pain and anguish, and it's pointless to get hung up on their method since they're dead and gone. Doesn't mean you can't point out to the still living that it's one of the least ethical ways to go out.

Reactions: creatureoflight
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
It doesn't occur to you that hurting your mother, family, friends, etc. is fundamentally inevitable if you commit suicide, but that impacting random strangers is not inevitable or necessary?

Plenty of people have jumped in front of trains, and they don't get vilified for it. Everybody understands that they were in a lot of pain and anguish, and it's pointless to get hung up on their method since they're dead and gone. Doesn't mean you can't point out to the still living that it's one of the least ethical ways to go out.

literally no one could have said it better.

Reactions: comfortablydumb
MortDeVivre

MortDeVivre

"If a battle cannot be won, do not fight it."
May 31, 2018
Also, living with your parents and having to go on holiday with them - you sound far too young that anyone should be giving you ideas, encouragement or advice about suicide.

Plenty of adults still live with their parents, though. No doubt some of them are asked (or required) to take part in family activities. There's all sorts of parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: lv-gras
Xmac000

Xmac000

Somewhere...
May 23, 2018
Just use the train. Fuck the driver, when your dead you wont even care.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Plenty of adults still live with their parents, though. No doubt some of them are asked (or required) to take part in family activities. There's all sorts of parents.
Yup exactly the case with me as a 23 y/o, once you get into a certain situation it can be very hard to get out especially when you consider unique circumstances around them.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I've thought about train before, but never thought of drowning. By looking at videos I've seen, train looks potentially less painful, but also more risky if you survive.
I hate having suicidal thoughts.
The hard part about drowning is taking the first breath of water, after that it's pretty fast and peaceful. Apparently it feels as if it's burning your lungs but after they're full of water you are out very very quickly. The real pain is holding your breath until you can't anymore and your body's reflex forcing you to take a breath of water.

Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
The hard part about drowning is taking the first breath of water, after that it's pretty fast and peaceful. Apparently it feels as if it's burning your lungs but after they're full of water you are out very very quickly. The real pain is holding your breath until you can't anymore and your body's reflex forcing you to take a breath of water.

http://theync.com/dirtycock909/final-moments-of-girl-being-drowned-in-bathtub.htm

I don't know if you seen this video of a person drowning, and i dont know if this video is real, but there is a lot of agonal breathing and it seems long and painful.

Last edited:
Anarchy

Anarchy

Invisible anarchist
Jul 9, 2018
@Definitelyworried
Thanks for the info. Drowning terrifies me but it's the only available option of cbt to me for two weeks, unless I can get to the cliffs. Think I'd be less likely to be caught with drowing though.

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Would it be possible to wait till you get back and have access to method you would prefer? I'm not trying to be a pro lifer but you do have your whole life to kill yourself so why not use a more reliable method.