• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Such a pity some people had failures with the R2D Rebreather lll. Other than the costs (for product, shipping & handling and N gas) it offered a simple solution for us non-mechanical, non DIY types. Hopefully they'll figure out the cause of the failures and fix them in a revised model.
Rd2 turned out to be kinda scam, based on the information I read in rd2 thread

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
As others have said, failure to reach unconsciousness simply means theres too much oxygen/not enough nitrogen in the enviroment (exit bag). The fact that your pulse oximeter didnt drop below 70 confirms this.

To diagnose the problem, i would first start by testing O2% straight out of the cylinder. I know you said purity is 99.9% but i would double check this.

But the most likelihood culprit in your case is leaks.
Also my cylinder was 1 cubic meter so I was expecting it to last for at least one hour at 15 litres per minute but it has emptied after only 20 minutes.I don't have gas in it now.
^ 1000L should last you slighlty over an hour at 15LPM. This doesnt happen if your system is leakproof. Get an oil-free, soapy-water solution and spray it between the regulator & the cylindee, and also between the regulator and plastic tubing. It might also be a good idea to inspect your cylinder's valve & make sure its not leaking

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
It doesn't inflate that much.I tried tightening it (and even tried a new bag ) but same thing happens again.
Also my cylinder was 1 cubic meter so I was expecting it to last for at least one hour at 15 litres per minute but it has emptied after only 20 minutes.I don't have gas in it now.I really am frustrated and tired.I don't know why this is happening.This was my perfect set up (I am afraid of all other methods) and I had saved for a long time to buy all this equipment and now even it doesn't work.You cannot live in peace and you cannot die in peace.The existence is cursed.

Alright, calm down.

I think the next best thing that can be done is checking whether the plastic bag is suitable (not leaking any air, or letting air in for that matter).
Are you using an oven bag like recommended by many?

Also, like @anonaon said, checking for leaks should also be done.

But I don't really expect leaks to make this much of a difference that the cylinder is emptied in 20 minutes as opposed to the expected one hour.
Unless you're not shutting off the gas cylinder flow after you're done testing, which you should.
To diagnose the problem, i would first start by testing O2% straight out of the cylinder. I know you said purity is 99.9% but i would double check this.

He can't afford the meter needed for checking the oxygen concentration.

As far as oxygen gas meter is concerned I don't think I can afford that.I am completely broke.I barely had enough money for buying all this.

Maybe with a creative method like @Dying Knight suggests?

Last edited:
P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Alright, calm down.

I think the next best thing that can be done is checking whether the plastic bag is suitable (not leaking any air, or letting air in for that matter).
Are you using an oven bag like recommended by many?

Also, like @anonaon said, checking for leaks should also be done.

But I don't really expect leaks to make this much of a difference that the cylinder is emptied in 20 minutes as opposed to the expected one hour.
Unless you're not shutting off the gas cylinder flow after you're done testing, which you should.

He can't afford the meter needed for checking the oxygen concentration.

Maybe with a creative method like @Dying Knight suggests?
Yes I am using an oven bag.
I also don't think there are leaks(though I am not one hundred percent sure). Wouldn't there be some sound if there were leaks(or is it possible that there might be leaks without gas making any sound).I am also sure that I am shutting the cylinder valve perfectly.If I hadn't been doing that then I don't think the cylinder would have lasted for even this much time.(I have tested it over four different days .So if the valve would have been open there wouldn't be any gas left inside the cylinder after one of these days.However there was some gas left and the cylinder emptied after a couple of minutes of opening valve today which meant that valve couldn't have been open overnight)

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
But the most likelihood culprit in your case is leaks.
I wouldn't say so, because you may feel some faintness even when you release pure nitrogen into open air around your nose without using any bags. If the gas doesn't have an effect on you inside a bag with holes, then it's either because of too weak flow of the nitrogen or because of a big percent of oxygen in the released gas.

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
Rd2 turned out to be kinda scam, based on the information I read in rd2 thread
I remember some people speculated about that, but no actual evidence other than claimed failures. But there were also presumed successes: members who said they're going to CTB with it and never posted again (Zeusman8506 Not sure if WyldFyre4948 CTB)

Plus, the manufacturer seems to be associated with a legitimate business (Respiro if I recall correctly).

R2D stands for Right to Die.