• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
Why do some users feel the need in the Suicide section to give unsolicited "recovery"-type"advice" in threads? If you want to "help" people (you're really not), why are you here? Go to the Recovery section and "help" people there. It drives me insane when I just want to feel not alone to see do-gooder fuckers dropping their recommendations in these threads. How is there not a rule against this? It makes people feel worse. If I wanted such idiotic "advice", I'd call a suicide helpline.

Last edited:
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Unless it's something I've gone though myself and can relate (autism, being robbed at knife point, cancer/medical) I don't get involved because my input would be 1: no help 2: if someone wants advice then provide it but forcing advice is just… yeah it's shit.

Honestly some threads I've read and I think they fuck me up even more. There's one currently about an SA and step family members and to me it's so wild and crazy but I know fucked up shit is happening constantly.

Sorry just blabbing on a bit.

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Sometimes the lines get blurred and it can be difficult to distinguish things but yes I generally agree, people are here to explore suicide not be talked out of it

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
That's a reason why I stopped making threads on here to vent. It's infuriating to write a semi long vent only to have people give me advice. If I wanted advice, I'd use the recovery forum

Reactions: Ephemeron
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
That's a reason why I stopped making threads on here to vent. It's infuriating to write a semi long vent only to have people give me advice. If I wanted advice, I'd use the recovery forum
I still want to chat to people and have a discussion - I really don't care - could be medical, suicide, music, art, whatever. Because it's terrible lonely out there (we can say things here that we CANNOT say outside) plus there is something about just discussing with another person about similar struggles that just resonates.

When it's a thread like: I'm going to do it. Or along those lines. I have no idea. I really don't know. I can't question it too much or it'll break me as well.

B

boddibo

maybe this year will be the one
Dec 19, 2023
You're in the Suicide section, which is called "Suicide Discussion", so, it does make sense sometimes that people are trying to give advice, even unsolicited. Because not every topics is just about "I'm gonna kill myself, bye", because people can relate, because people can just be empathetic. It's upsetting when you're not in a state of mind to read said advice, I get it, but usually people mean no harm.

If I wanted advice, I'd use the recovery forum
I get that too, but I think people are more aware of the Suicide Discussion section than the Recovery section.

Reactions: surroundedbydemons
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Not many people actually want to die. They feel they want to die but thats different to carrying it out.

Most would rather get better and live.

If someone wanted to just die I think they are more than capable of doing it, people want to talk with like minded folks.

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
You're in the Suicide section, which is called "Suicide Discussion", so, it does make sense sometimes that people are trying to give advice, even unsolicited. Because not every topics is just about "I'm gonna kill myself, bye", because people can relate, because people can just be empathetic. It's upsetting when you're not in a state of mind to read said advice, I get it, but usually people mean no harm.
Apologies if I didn't make myself clear. I meant advice to not CTB, to get better/recover/etc.

Reactions: boddibo
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I totally get your annoyance, which I share. The "cover" usually presented by advice givers I've seen is that as this section is headed Suicide Discussion they are perfectly entitled to discuss any aspect of ctb, including deferring or avoiding the act altogether.
In the interests of honesty, I should say that I believe twice I've suggested to posters that they give themselves a few hours before taking an irreversible step. In those instances the OPs specifically stated that this was a spur of the moment decision.
All I can suggest is that you just ignore folk who want to patronisingly help you to "make things better".

Reactions: Ephemeron