hyacinths

hyacinths

Sep 25, 2021
ive been 'searching' for a job since i got fired last december. searching is a word i use very lightly because i actually have not been doing anything besides applying for jobs and then missing out on the interviews i set up.. I always seem excited about it and then it gets to the day of the interview and i clam up and just don't go. its been a problem for me forever. i have almost no motivation to get a job, even the fact that im 8k usd in debt at 20 is hardly even a motivation for me to find a job. i don't know how to kick my ass into gear to start actually moving forward but if i keep going this route my relationship with my mom is going to completely ruined because of me being a neet LMAO. sometimes I feel like its just too hopeless for me and i should kill myself to make it easier on everyone but its like i have friends i care about and my mom and they're all making me stay here so why not at least try to better my awful life so i can make them proud of me for once :/

• Hugs
Reactions: A_miStake_of_NATURE, odradek, Huntfish34 and 3 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@hyacinths please stop taking advantage of your mom. You know what would help, if she kicked you out and it's either work or wind up on the street. I left on my own at 18, but that was the case for me. I never missed a day of work those first few years.

Also, I wanted to get laid, so that meant having a car, money, nice clothes.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay
J

j0n4th4n

Aug 27, 2021
hey, i feel you. im 19 and used to be broke asf. i don't work, but i managed to find a little side hustle that brings in quite a lot of money. i feel a lot better abt my relationship w my parents now, i help them out with bills even tho they never needed me to, but it makes me feel less worthless, if that makes sense, its great. i know its easier said than done because ive been there and also didnt exactly do shit to help the situation out but i can tell you it feels great to be finacially secure. i would try using that to motivate you, trust me when i say its awesome helping out ur parents and being able to get the little things you want, even if those matters are trivial. the fact that you can do it if you want to, its great

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, AtMostOkay and hyacinths
hyacinths

hyacinths

Sep 25, 2021
@hyacinths please stop taking advantage of your mom. You know what would help, if she kicked you out and it's either work or wind up on the street. I left on my own at 18, but that was the case for me. I never missed a day of work those first few years.

Also, I wanted to get laid, so that meant having a car, money, nice clothes.
i agree, although you make it sound like im stealing money from her. LMAO. to be honest i would rather die than be homeless so i guess its a lose lose situation. you make it sound like its so easy to get your shit together and get a job, jfc

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, BeautifulMosaics, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 3 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
i agree, although you make it sound like im stealing money from her. LMAO. to be honest i would rather die than be homeless so i guess its a lose lose situation. you make it sound like its so easy to get your shit together and get a job, jfc
Bro, at 20, if your mom is supporting you, basically you are stealing from her. Man up. She kept a roof over your head and food in your stomach for 20 years. Give the woman a break.

Never said being a man is easy, but it's also not an option. It's something you have to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay
hyacinths

hyacinths

Sep 25, 2021
Bro, at 20, if your mom is supporting you, basically you are stealing from her. Man up. She kept a roof over your head and food in your stomach for 20 years. Give the woman a break.

Never said being a man is easy, but it's also not an option. It's something you have to do.
im not even a man LMAO. i get what you're trying to say but Jesus Christ.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, A_miStake_of_NATURE, Huntfish34 and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
im not even a man LMAO. i get what you're trying to say but Jesus Christ.
Sorry about that. Genuinely, your op read quite masculine. But I was ignorant for assuming.

Hope you figure out what works for you and your fam. Maybe try to figure out what interests you, and get a job in that field, even part time. I got a chance to be a hiking tour guide for a short while, and I loved it. Was a nice break from my normal, boring jobs.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and hyacinths
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021

im not even a man LMAO.
Hope you figure out what works for you and your fam. Maybe try to figure out what interests you, and get a job in that field, even part time. I got a chance to be a hiking tour guide for a short while, and I loved it. Was a nice break from my normal, boring jobs.
Such a striking transformation of tone. This thread is a whole social study.

• Yay!
Reactions: Bleh, shy, hyacinths and 10 others
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020

You suck a lot.

OP, have you ever had a job before? In my experience working sucks a lot, but it doesn't necessarily suck that much more than having whole days to yourself to pass in depressive rumination. Maybe if you can move past the first step of showing up to the interview, you'll find that working is actually doable for you. No way to know without giving it a try :)

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, hyacinths, Huntfish34 and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Funny enough, I've also not had a job since December but that was right after I graduated University. I've had jobs before but right now I'm too lazy to get one and I fear that even if I did get one it would be a waste of time because I plan to die next year anyway. I'm 27 by the way so that's probably even worse than being 20. Early 20s are still fine to be bumming off your parents anyway.

Wish I could say I had a good answer to get motivated but if I did, then I'd have used it on myself already. Besides, I genuinely enjoy being a waste of space and spending my days actively being unproductive so I'm horrible at giving advice on this topic anyway…

• Hugs
Reactions: hyacinths, Huntfish34 and AtMostOkay
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Early 20s are still fine to be bumming off your parents anyway.
Exactly where does this sense of entitlement come from? Your parents don't owe you shit once you hit 18. They could legally kick you out on your ass. Fuck, I was helping with the rent and food from the age of 16, as soon as I got my first job.

All I have to say is thank god I got a vasectomy at 20, so I wouldn't have leeches sucking me dry for the rest of my life.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Dr Iron Arc and AtMostOkay
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
Breeders ought to be leached off of until they're completely dry. After all, they are the reason you have to deal with this shit in the first place. You can't just force someone into existence and then abandon them the moment they turn 18. If anything, she owes you. And btw, don't listen to threesummers, in another thread they proudly talked about how they harassed a homeless person. Not exactly the person to take advice from lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Bleh, hyacinths and 6 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Breeders ought to be leached off of until they're completely dry. After all, they are the reason you have to deal with this shit in the first place. You can't just force someone into existence and then abandon them the moment they turn 18. If anything, she owes you. And btw, don't listen to threesummers, in another thread they proudly talked about how they harassed a homeless person. Not exactly the person to take advice from lmao
I mean, you basically just told people to take my advice and get sterilized. Thanks :)

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Give him a break, he's literally on steroids. They'll increase aggressiveness and decrease impulse control.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Manaaja
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Exactly where does this sense of entitlement come from? Your parents don't owe you shit once you hit 18. They could legally kick you out on your ass. Fuck, I was helping with the rent and food from the age of 16, as soon as I got my first job.

All I have to say is thank god I got a vasectomy at 20, so I wouldn't have leeches sucking me dry for the rest of my life.

Doug Stanhope has the answer for you.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, existtosuffer, BottomlessPit and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Such a striking transformation of tone. This thread is a whole social study.
Have vegene = valuable
Have penus = expendable

Such is nature.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, hyacinths and odradek
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
On the flipside, have vegene = no expectation of independence or ability to pull yourself together
Not applicable to certain badass tanks, though. Well, I guess mistaken expectations can still fuck shit up.

Last edited:
odradek

odradek

Mage
Sep 16, 2021
This thread is a whole social study.

This.

Wow what trip. I look forward to the inevitable Netflix docuseries based on this thread. Surprised get a job guy hasn't unironically mentioned bootstraps yet.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, hyacinths and SentientCreature
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
This.

Wow what trip. I look forward to the inevitable Netflix docuseries based on this thread. Surprised get a job guy hasn't unironically mentioned bootstraps yet.
Just post it in r/mgtow or whatever equivalent is currently in operation and let the intellectuals there perform an evolutionary analysis. That's how proper science is done.

Reactions: Manaaja and odradek
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
michael jackson halloween GIF by Vevo

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GenesAndEnvironment, BottomlessPit and 3 others
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I didn't know there was an outbreak at narcissist robot graveyard today. All kinds of zombies show up during the Halloweens.

As for OP. I believe people were meant for something else than working. You didn't ask to be born, you didn't ask to be born on this planet, in this world or nightmare. Thus you have no obligations to do anything for money. However, if a person wants to be seen as good, they have an obligation to honor your wish and let you get everything for free.

I'd rather die than work a day. And if I worked I'd want to work for free. I love drawing, I love drawing for free to make people happy. I wouldn't want to charge people for it. Money was a fool's invention. My dog never paid any money for anything, a house fly doesn't pay to be inside your house, neither should you.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, BrokenHopes, hyacinths and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
ixo9n8euiwr71.jpg

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Manaaja, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, BrokenHopes and 5 others
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I'm 26 and I live with my parents and I've never had a job. The econo ic situation in my country doesn't allow me to get out. I have no education, experience or skills anyway, so as the popupar motivational is, if that will make you feel better, there's always somebody worse off.

Which should apparently make you happy, yay.

Reactions: hyacinths and SentientCreature
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
Since the thread has turned somewhat antinatalist, I'm gonna take the opportunity to share this awesome meme I once created:
Jjcmizv37gh61

But returning to the topic, I fully agree with @BottomlessPit , everyone's life is contingent upon their parents' desire to produce offspring(or perhaps reckless sexuality). That fact alone makes it hard to take claims such as the one @threesummers is making seriously. If, on top of that, a person is being sabotaged in their attempts to peacefully end their own life, that's a clear sign that they're being exploited by their family. Not all exploitation is material. The family has an emotional dependence that they value more highly than the person's own well-being.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with contributing to your family and society of course. My point is that it's hard to justify the claim that it is one's duty to do so. Besides, being 20 is still young, a lot of people are going to university at that age.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, GenesAndEnvironment, deflationary and 1 other person
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Since the thread has turned somewhat antinatalist, I'm gonna take the opportunity to share this awesome meme I once created:
View attachment 75654

But returning to the topic, I fully agree with @BottomlessPit , everyone's life is contingent upon their parents' desire to produce offspring(or perhaps reckless sexuality). That fact alone makes it hard to take claims such as the one @threesummers is making seriously. If, on top of that, a person is being sabotaged in their attempts to peacefully end their own life, that's a clear sign that they're being exploited by their family. Not all exploitation is material. The family has an emotional dependence that they value more highly than the person's own well-being.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with contributing to your family and society of course. My point is that it's hard to justify the claim that it is one's duty to do so. Besides, being 20 is still young, a lot of people are going to university at that age.
He is not wrong. Self-reliance is needed and taking care of oneself is how it works. His opinion is only hard to take seriously when confronted by the orher one, the emotional manipulation by parents. But I don't think OP has such a problem, at least they don't say so. Given selfish desire on his mother's part, complaints would be along the line of being treated awfully, but on the contrary - OP is worried he could be responsible for breaking up this relationship, while his mother is taking care for him financially.

Unfortunately, the reproductive role is very justified because that's what we are here for, what is discernible for sure. I feel many people can agree on the meaning of life to be to reproduce.

Duty to society is hard and personal to define. A universal approach would be competence at a job. If more people were competent at their jobs, certainly it would bring many positives across, but this is a circular argument since that's OP's main problem to begin with.

I'd advise him to live however he can. After all, nobody chooses their situation. Just how random can occurences be is vastly undermined.

Reactions: medjooled11
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
He is not wrong. Self-reliance is needed and taking care of oneself is how it works. His opinion is only hard to take seriously when confronted by the orher one, the emotional manipulation by parents. But I don't think OP has such a problem, at least they don't say so. Given selfish desire on his mother's part, complaints would be along the line of being treated awfully, but on the contrary - OP is worried he could be responsible for breaking up this relationship, while his mother is taking care for him financially
I do agree with this. My comment was merely a response to threesummer's moralistic approach to the issue. I didn't even take into account the psychological downsides of being financially dependent. But I don't think that being so openly shamed is particularly useful here since OP is already dealing with psychological issues.

As for OP's specific situation, I'm really in no position to give advice on the topic.

Unfortunately, the reproductive role is very justified because that's what we are here for, what is discernible for sure. I feel many people can agree on the meaning of life to be to reproduce.
I'm not sure what to make of this. I feel like you're conflating efficient and final causes(to use an outdated terminology). The reproductive role is why we're here, but I wouldn't say that implies that it is what we're here for.

Literally every human action or thought is a result of natural processes. While it is true that some involve more randomness than others(in the sense that there is no obvious selective pressure for them), I don't see a qualitative difference between a desire to reproduce and a desire to rape and murder if we go down the road of "natural implies justified". You may argue that the drive to reproduce is universal and justify it on those grounds perhaps but that's an appeal to popularity which could lead to disagreeable results in other cases.

Also, seeing that many people in developed countries are choosing to focus on their career and postpone reproduction, it's arguably a matter of social conditioning to a large degree, now that contraception and abortions are available options at least.

Reactions: deflationary and BottomlessPit
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I'm 34. And I live off of my mom. And I have for the most of my life. I'm uneducated, un skilled, immature and etc, hence ctb. I agree with those people who think I'm stealing. I knew that myself. I needed to hear that from somebody else. Thank you. And I don't mean it in a bad way to something.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: medjooled11, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, UseItOrLoseIt and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@SentientCreature I'm sorry, but I along with several of my college friends both worked full time and went to school full time. Again, great that someone can go to school until mid 20s or later, and never have worked, but at least acknowledge that if that is your situation, you aren't entitled to it.

• Hmph!
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and SentientCreature
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

ok boomer

That's pretty neat that you can do that but not everyone is you lol.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, BeautifulMosaics, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 1 other person