• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
It has become pretty much impossible to me to even start doing anything productive other than gym and when I do try doing anything, I accomplish nothing. I'm drowning in assignment and work, my mental state is almost at an all time low and I've got big exams around the corner. I don't know what to do. I can't go to therapy as I don't have any money and can't ask my parents for help because they also have no money as they are thousands of euros in debt. I still have my sn from my last attempt but I know for sure that I can't get over SI and I don't want to risk it.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The gym is a significant achievement, if you are doing that I would take a lot of credit.

A lot of people with depression barely make it out of bed.

Maybe write down a manageable and realistic to-do list so you are not overwhelmed trying to figure out where to focus.

I'd suggest the recovery part of the forum for real world practical ideas.

Good luck either way.

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
The gym is a significant achievement, if you are doing that I would take a lot of credit.
I find it very easy to go to the gym as it is something I am good at and genuinely enjoy. I can't really call it an achievement though. I'm more coping and avoiding work than anything else.
I'd suggest the recovery part
Yeah, I think it's best for me to step back and try to recover but I'm not able to get professional help at the moment. Although, I can safely say that I wont ctb anytime soon. I don't want to rush things.

Reactions: UKscotty
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
If you still enjoy gym then that's very amazing. I lost interest in things which I used to love and passionate.
I've also lost interest in a lot of things. Luckily for me, the gym sticked with me. However, I took 4 months off after my attempt one year ago because of my abysmal mental state but honestly I made my depression worse by not going. I'm motivated to go mostly because I know I would feel a lot worse if I don't go.

I

Inf

Mar 10, 2023
At least you have the option for therapy or to go to the GYM, there isn't even an option for me to seek a therapist since there aren't any for my understanding where I live. I wouldn't be surprised even a bit if in the city I live in has one of the highest suicide rates.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
is there any kind of way to maybe incorporate motivating yourself to get other things done while at the gym? i mean like a mantra of telling yourself/composing a simple list of goals while you work out with telling yourself firmly "i can do this and i will"? maybe the physical coping from the exercise can be transferred to help overcome the anxiety/hopelessness of thinking about the other things? just a thought, i dont mean to sound obtuse or dismissive if this is completely out of your wheelhouse šŸ–¤ i hope youre able to find some peace

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i literally cant take care of myself most days (like major basics), going to the gym (or my equivalent, going for walks/yoga) would be a huge achievement

Reactions: divinemistress36
C

Cain.Wong

Mar 1, 2024
I've also lost interest in a lot of things. Luckily for me, the gym sticked with me. However, I took 4 months off after my attempt one year ago because of my abysmal mental state but honestly I made my depression worse by not going. I'm motivated to go mostly because I know I would feel a lot worse if I don't go.
I attempted last April, then I called ambulance cuz I don't want to hurt my mum.

Unfortunately it's getting worse since last Dec because of my job (harassment and bullying etc)

Currently my doctor write me off for 4 weeks. Got job interview next Thursday so finger crossed.

I know it's bs to tell you everything will be fine cuz I won't believe it neither lol. However, after I joined this community, I actually felt better, knowing that I will always have choice when things are getting worse.

Once you hit the bottom, everything will go up.

Reactions: divinemistress36
ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
is there any kind of way to maybe incorporate motivating yourself to get other things done while at the gym? i mean like a mantra of telling yourself/composing a simple list of goals while you work out with telling yourself firmly "i can do this and i will"? maybe the physical coping from the exercise can be transferred to help overcome the anxiety/hopelessness of thinking about the other things? just a thought, i dont mean to sound obtuse or dismissive if this is completely out of your wheelhouse šŸ–¤ i hope youre able to find some peace
I've tried to compare my day to day work to what I do in the gym. Like telling myself that if I can stay two and a half hours a day torturing my body in the gym, I should also be able to torture my mind for at least one hour to do work. Didn't really work. I'm weak minded.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Do you have access to any peer-led support groups other than here, either in person or online? Those can be pretty helpful, and they're usually either cheap or free.

tuey32

tuey32

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Just wanted to say I can relate. Good luck to you