• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Suicide rate is highest in the U.S since World War II. Why do you think that is??

The absurdity of consumerism society has become to heavy for the wage slaves who see it collapse without any gain they were promised.

• Love
Reactions: Numbtopain97, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, NoDream and 8 others
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
The absurdity of consumerism society has become to heavy for the wage slaves who see it collapse without any gain they were promised.
Absolutely, and the disintegration of the family, people working harder and harder to survive, make family relations strained; lest we not forget the cyber craze that has so disconnected people from real relationships.

• Love
Reactions: rotciv, marcusuk63, 21Neberg and 4 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
They are working on 1.2 million worker robots to be working within 40 years. Do we really need to hustle for Alexa?

Hustle for Alexa? By Alexa, you mean from the Amazon Echo? Yeah, I definitely don't need one of those. I can lock my own doors and make my own music playlists.

• Love
Reactions: marcusuk63 and 21Neberg
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
To echo what everyone else has said, people are realizing that it isn't worth it anymore. The American Dream isn't dead, it never existed for us in the first place.

Wages will never equate to housing costs. To transportation. To anything.

Nobody wants to work for a corporation that won't even give them vision insurance so they can see what the fuck they're doing.

I have friends who are 26 with destroyed bodies due to heavy manual labor since age 18, with no health insurance to show for it, not like our parents had from the same company. Likewise, I have friends with valuable degrees who can't find jobs and feel hopeless.

It's a bad time.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Mbound, Wixer, NoDream and 13 others
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
In the EU and especially the UK, it's Atheism - recent research proves that.
Almost all the Natives are atheists by now - and they are the ones with the high suicide rates.
Hindus rarely and Muslims almost never kill themselves.
In communities with increasing percentages of Muslims immigrants, suicide rates are already falling.
As a few members here state, people kill themselves because society is no longer able to fulfill their entirely rational expectations - they have rights to much more, but they are sometime not receiving what they are entitled to. Disappointed, they choose suicide to teach society a lesson.
Also, there's Conservatives in government - if Anarchism ruled or at least if Corbyn was PM, rates would immediatetely fall. Sounds legit.
For some inexplainable reason, Muslims don't feel the way native kids do.
They don't seem to understand how hopelessly bad the situation really is.
I think immigrants should be taught how the concept "American Dream" works, to understand that it no longer exists, and that this is not survivable.
Or if that didn't work, they might be able to teach us their survival secrets ?

Last edited:
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
To echo what everyone else has said, people are realizing that it isn't worth it anymore. The American Dream isn't dead, it never existed for us in the first place.

Nobody wants to work for a corporation that won't even give them vision insurance so they can see what the fuck they're doing.

I have friends who are 26 with destroyed bodies due to heavy manual labor since age 18, with no health insurance to show for it, not like our parents had from the same company. Likewise, I have friends with valuable degrees who can't find jobs and feel hopeless.

It's a bad time.

Just to clarify, my "heart" emoji was because I think you hit the nail on the head. People have woken up to the truth! It's never going to change for the better!

Reactions: Partial-Elf
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018

It's a bad time.
Yes, as someone who has earned not only a Bachelor's degree and also a Master's degree, I can relate to this. It isn't worth it anymore and really, most of my life I've not really enjoyed life, just tolerated and coped with it the best I can. When that tolerance and cope wears out, then I'm done with life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, andy69, Lennox and 4 others
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Hustle for Alexa? By Alexa, you mean from the Amazon Echo? Yeah, I definitely don't need one of those. I can lock my own doors and make my own music playlists.
ABSOLUTELY!

Reactions: marcusuk63
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
In the EU and especially the UK, it's Atheism - recent research proves that.
Almost all the Natives are atheists by now - and they are the ones with the high suicide rates.
Hindus rarely and Muslims almost never kill themselves.
In communities with increasing percentages of Muslims immigrants, suicide rates are already falling.
As a few members here state, people kill themselves because society is no longer able to fulfill their entirely rational expectations - they have rights to much more, but they are sometime not receiving what they are entitled to. Disappointed, they choose suicide to teach society a lesson.
Also, there's Conservatives in government - if Anarchism ruled or at least if Corbyn was PM, rates would immediatetely fall. Sounds legit.
For some inexplainable reason, Muslims don't feel the way native kids do.
They don't seem to understand how hopelessly bad the situation really is.
I think immigrants should be taught how the concept "American Dream" works, to understand that it no longer exists, and that this is not survivable.
Or if that didn't work, they might be able to teach us their survival secrets ?

Yeah, I could definitely see Atheism being a factor. I went from Episcopalian as a kid to Agnostic at age 13 to Spiritual in my 20s to full on Atheist in December and I'm the most depressed, anxious, unenthused, and confused I've been my entire life.
ABSOLUTELY!

I was born in '91 and while the transition of technology was fast and things changed a lot from then to now, I'm actually quite nervous for the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joannf
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019

It's a bad time.

Fuck, this to me sums up everything perfectly. I see myself in your post. It's hopeless.

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91, Lennox, inconsequential and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Y'all are hitting the nail on the head. There's a term called "diseases of despair" (Wikipedia link) that describes it perfectly:

"The diseases of despair are three classes of behavior-related medical conditions that increase in groups of people who experience despair due to a sense that their long-term social and economic outlook is bleak. The three disease types are drug overdose(including alcohol overdose), suicide, and alcoholic liver disease... The prevalence increased markedly during the first decades of the 21st century, especially among middle-aged and older working class white Americans."

If you follow the link you can read more about causes, etc. Props to Bernie for mentioning this issue in his speech on Medicare for all earlier today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mbound, NoDream, Divine Trinity and 4 others
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Y'all are hitting the nail on the head. There's a term called "diseases of despair" (Wikipedia link) that describes it perfectly:

"The diseases of despair are three classes of behavior-related medical conditions that increase in groups of people who experience despair due to a sense that their long-term social and economic outlook is bleak. The three disease types are drug overdose(including alcohol overdose), suicide, and alcoholic liver disease... The prevalence increased markedly during the first decades of the 21st century, especially among middle-aged and older working class white Americans."

If you follow the link you can read more about causes, etc. Props to Bernie for mentioning this issue in his speech on Medicare for all earlier today.
Most interesting information and no surprise, thank you. Do you know if medicare for all eliminates Medicaid. Without Medicaid, many more would suffer, and die; how many on SS can afford anything? In Japan they have a special word for death by "overwork", a plague there now. That's OK, they're planning on replacing the dead workers with robots, Se la vie

Reactions: Partial-Elf and HGL91
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Can't pin it to a specific reason but I can tell you 20 veterans a day CTB here in the states. I've shouldered my fair share of fallen comrades caskets to their final rest. One day I will be carried instead of carrying. Wonder if they won't let you be buried in one of the National Cemeteries because you decided to CBT.

• Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and HGL91
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Yeah, I could definitely see Atheism being a factor. I went from Episcopalian as a kid to Agnostic at age 13 to Spiritual in my 20s to full on Atheist in December and I'm the most depressed, anxious, unenthused, and confused I've been my entire life.

I was born in '91 and while the transition of technology was fast and things changed a lot from then to now, I'm actually quite nervous for the future...

The mental mechanism is really thimple.
Religious beliefs are not reasonable, but sensible.
If you think - like a Muslim - "life has ups and downs and at the end I die, but hey, then I go to paradise" then that is bearable.
All's well that ends well. But if you think, like a Westerner, "life has ups and downs, I have the delicious right to be an entitled snowflake, and at the end I die, and it was all for nuzzins," then you might as well kill yourself right away.
The only thing to stop you in that case (you can deduce that easily from following this forum for while)
is humans' innate cowardice. All very understandable and predictable. But is its even interesting ? More and more bots are failing...

I don't know what you mean by "the future."
Your personal future, the future of our culture, the future of this species of scavenging social apes, or the future of the planetary ecosphere, its evolution ?
That makes a big difference...
For your personal wellbeing, you must be in tune with one of these things, or possess the powers of delusion in a high enough concentration to simply believe in paradise/afterlife. If you look at it, it's simply an identity crisis, a crisis of meaning.
Humans are just smart enough to desire a meaning.
On the other hand, it's a bit ridiculous to expect a species with an average (global) IQ of 86, to come up with a "meaning" for the existence of the universe, that is plausible for a species of social apes with an average IQ of 86. Not gonna happen ;)
The problem is one inherent to this development stage of biological brains, we could call it a flaw - I'm convinced it is one - so humans came up with religion, to survive it. And our logical age debunked religion - this may turn out to have been a failed experiment, even if religion is just a band-aid.
This makes me think that biological brains have natural limits and may not be able to evolve past this point.

Last edited:
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Most interesting information and no surprise, thank you. Do you know if medicare for all eliminates Medicaid. Without Medicaid, many more would suffer, and die; how many on SS can afford anything? In Japan they have a special word for death by "overwork", a plague there now. That's OK, they're planning on replacing the dead workers with robots, Se la vie

Under Bernie's plan, it truly is Medicare for ALL-including the poor, disabled, etc so any American on SS would be provided for. Today's Medicaid would essentially be absorbed into Bernie's Medicare for all plan and no one would be left out in the cold.

Reactions: Bardia
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
How do you relate?

I've come to realize the American Dream doesn't exist. The wages being paid will never equate to housing cost or anything. I have a degree and years of experience but can't get a job. There's more to my story but that's how I can relate. But no one said life was fair, right?

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91 and Bardia
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Under Bernie's plan, it truly is Medicare for ALL-including the poor, disabled, etc so any American on SS would be provided for. Today's Medicaid would essentially be absorbed into Bernie's Medicare for all plan and no one would be left out in the cold.
Thank you, yes, equality that democracy promises, not death rates by zip code.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Partial-Elf
daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018
"Though suicide is always complicated at both the individual and national levels, help is available. Experts encourage those struggling with suicidal thoughts to confide in a trusted friend or family member, speak with a health care provider, or seek care at an emergency room in cases of immediate danger."

The endings of these articles always bum me out. What do you do if you've tried all that and nothing worked?
Join Sanctioned, I guess.

Another crazy thing to think about is all the botched suicides that don't show up in these statistics. If you have everyone a "peaceful pill", I bet the rates of suicide would be astronomical.

Reactions: Wixer, Beautifulletdown, HGL91 and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm not surprised, look who the president is. He's brought out just what ugliness has been hiding under the surface. Humanity hasn't progressed it's regressed

Reactions: Beautifulletdown, HGL91, daikon and 3 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I've come to realize the American Dream doesn't exist. The wages being paid will never equate to housing cost or anything. I have a degree and years of experience but can't get a job. There's more to my story but that's how I can relate. But no one said life was fair, right?

Yeah. The American Dream is a total lie. I was so dumb not putting 2 and 2 together growing up.

I grew up in an affluent area of Southern California and seeing that my grandmother was a school teacher and my mom was a nurse, I didn't take the salary aspect of choosing a career as seriously, but then when I realized we lived the way we did because they received a huge inheritance from a relative and not from making the money themselves, I realized I made a big mistake in college. :/

• Aww..
Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Partial-Elf
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
I think if this was studied closely, you would find that suicide rates in almost all western styled countries is at an all time high. i guess because we can get a clearer picture of how the future is going to be and it's bleak and beyond depressing and people are just wanting to check out to avoid it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maravillosa and Beautifulletdown
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Yeah. The American Dream is a total lie. I was so dumb not putting 2 and 2 together growing up.

I grew up in an affluent area of Southern California and seeing that my grandmother was a school teacher and my mom was a nurse, I didn't take the salary aspect of choosing a career as seriously, but then when I realized we lived the way we did because they received a huge inheritance from a relative and not from making the money themselves, I realized I made a big mistake in college. :/
Of late, I haven't met one who is living the American dream, I'd like to know where this great economy is. In one week, I've met 3 men, each working two jobs and have nothing except problems.

Reactions: Partial-Elf
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Not reallt my kind of field but from what ive seen over the past 25 years has been something of a societal schiznophernic mindset thay developed quickly if not rapidly sudden after the end of the cold war, a disillusioned society hopeful for a return to innocence or a possible path to a utopia of sorts, this "new" west entrusted this in the hands of the very same powers that be and what do we have is something of a tragic fate for the "new" westerner.
There was a reason why cyberpunk really isnt fiction anymore and the constant demands of a false "culture" that demands one should define virtue path of life should be paved by the amount of income one has procured over their lifetimes or that this supposed " we can do anything, so long as it means YOU are making alot of money" mentality of this false culture could be a good reason as to why many have bitten the bullet, along with the ironic state that christian churches have found themselves in just like the ancients in that people have simply begun to losg faith.
This will not end soon and sadly this will not end after we have all perished, the consequences of this failure the west made itself into will be horrendous to future generations.
This is why I don't even bother trying to be something Im not and I just simply view myself as a new foreigner in this nation, i am just a visitor that can leave anytime he wants to, where? I dont know, vietnam?

Reactions: Cleopatra123
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
Not reallt my kind of field but from what ive seen over the past 25 years has been something of a societal schiznophernic mindset thay developed quickly if not rapidly sudden after the end of the cold war, a disillusioned society hopeful for a return to innocence or a possible path to a utopia of sorts, this "new" west entrusted this in the hands of the very same powers that be and what do we have is something of a tragic fate for the "new" westerner.
There was a reason why cyberpunk really isnt fiction anymore and the constant demands of a false "culture" that demands one should define virtue path of life should be paved by the amount of income one has procured over their lifetimes or that this supposed " we can do anything, so long as it means YOU are making alot of money" mentality of this false culture could be a good reason as to why many have bitten the bullet, along with the ironic state that christian churches have found themselves in just like the ancients in that people have simply begun to losg faith.
This will not end soon and sadly this will not end after we have all perished, the consequences of this failure the west made itself into will be horrendous to future generations.
This is why I don't even bother trying to be something Im not and I just simply view myself as a new foreigner in this nation, i am just a visitor that can leave anytime he wants to, where? I dont know, vietnam?
It's called Neoliberalism, A.K.A. corporatism.

Reactions: KadathianStr1d3r