• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
Can a cylinder (nitrogen n2 10L or helium 4 10L (water content) be stored safety in a 2 bedroom apartment (no garage)?
What can be done to make it safer? I guess storage is also an option, an expensive option, have to rent the cylinders.

Also; I noticed that helium regulators/flow-meters are non-existent on amazon. I do not live in America or Europe, so that Dog company's products is not an option. Also looked at the regulators on amazon, not too sure about the quality of some of them.

This regulator was in my cart, but it is sold out now Amazon product ASIN B07HRCRHFSand this flow meter: Amazon product ASIN B00CIRZ05I
Btw, i am permanent disabled and I just want to have these things in my inventory, maybe some day i will need it, for my balloons .

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Meditation guide
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
@Greenberg may be of some assistance

Reactions: Alpe
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
Can a cylinder (nitrogen n2 10L or helium 4 10L (water content) be stored safety in a 2 bedroom apartment (no garage)?
What can be done to make it safer? I guess storage is also an option, an expensive option, have to rent the cylinders.

Also; I noticed that helium regulators/flow-meters are non-existent on amazon. I do not live in America or Europe, so that Dog company's products is not an option. Also looked at the regulators on amazon, not too sure about the quality of some of them.

This regulator was in my cart, but it is sold out now Amazon product ASIN B07HRCRHFSand this flow meter: Amazon product ASIN B00CIRZ05I
Btw, i am permanent disabled and I just want to have these things in my inventory, maybe some day i will need it, for my balloons .

Thank you in advance.
Alpe, please feel free to review my blog on blogger . My handle is nitrogenexit. It has a lot of info on N2 flow regulators. If you have further questions, please feel free to chat With / PM me. Cheers.

Last edited:
A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
Alpe, please feel free to review my blog on blogger . My handle is nitrogenexit. It has a lot of info on N2 flow regulators. If you have further questions, please feel free to chat With / PM me. Cheers.
thank you for your reply, but i cant find your blog?

Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
You are a new member; unfortunately have yet to be granted chat and PM privileges. As per this site's policy, forum members are not permitted to post weblinks; however, weblinks are permitted in chats and PMs. PM me when you receive said privilege. In the meanwhile, accessing blogs are not difficult. Handle plus blogspot plus the usual suffix with everything separated by periods.

A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
i found it, thank you

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Wonderful. Please feel free PM me if you have questions. Cheers.

W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020

Thank you in advance.
IMO compressed inert gas cylinders are safe to store in an apartment. The only danger is if the cylinder was somehow struck on the fitting hard enough to break it off and release the gas without any control, but that would take a tremendous amount of force.

Instead of a pressure regulator and a separate flowmeter, I recommend getting a flowmeter regulator. Here is info on one available in the USA, but it depends on the type of fitting used on inert gas cylinders in your country.

Here are photos of a flowmeter regulator for Helium and Argon that is available in the US, along with an adapter to change the output from 5/8 - 18 inert gas hose connection to 1/4" hose barb to connect 1/4" I.D. PVC plastic tubing. Helium and Argon seem to be more available to purchase online than Nitrogen.
I am intentionally not mentioning the brand, etc., and if these photos violate the rules, please remove them. You cannot buy these items at hardware stores or home centers, but a search online will show which welding and tool supply stores sell them. The total cost without tax was about $97. The small round hose clamp on the adapter kit is not used with PVC tubing so can be discarded.

I would never encourage anyone to take their life, especially someone young, or who was in good physical health and free of pain and disease. Your life matters! Fight for yourself with all your strength! But for anyone that has made the decision to end their life by means that are unreliable and so could possibly leave them alive but severely injured, or violent, frightening, painful, illegal, etc., perhaps this information will allow you to consider using this method instead and prevent some suffering.

A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
IMO compressed inert gas cylinders are safe to store in an apartment. The only danger is if the cylinder was somehow struck on the fitting hard enough to break it off and release the gas without any control, but that would take a tremendous amount of force.

Instead of a pressure regulator and a separate flowmeter, I recommend getting a flowmeter regulator. Here is info on one available in the USA, but it depends on the type of fitting used on inert gas cylinders in your country.

thank you for the information !

• Hugs
Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
You are most welcome, my friend! There is a lot to digest.

Again feel free to ask questions. That is why we are here: to help each other.:smiling:

Reactions: Alpe
A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
is it ok to use a CFH (3 to 4 CFH) meter and convert to liters? Maximum Inlet Pressure 50 PSI?

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
Yes to both of your questions. I am of course assuming you are referring to the flow meter specifically. Do try to purchase an integrated flow regulator, without trying to piece 2 devices together, and for the flow meter to be calibrated in LPM. As the purchaser, there is no reason why you should not purchase exactly what you want.

A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
Yes to both of your questions. I am of course assuming you are referring to the flow meter specifically. Do try to purchase an integrated flow regulator, without trying to piece 2 devices together, and for the flow meter to be calibrated in LPM. As the purchaser, there is no reason why you should not purchase exactly what you want.

thank you Greenberg

Received the lease paperwork for a gas cylinder. Unfortunately I cannot agree to their terms, which includes

1. Can't connect your own equipment to the cylinder, have to buy a regulator from them.
2. Should you connect your own equipment, the equipment becomes their property.
3. They do inspections.
4. Minimum lease period is 60 months. The problem with that, they expect you to refill the cyclinders every now and then, I suspect if I dont they will do an inspection.

So back to the canisters, I asked if it is the same helium as the helium in their cylinders, the answer I got;

"The helium in the Balloon Kit is exactly the same as the helium that we fill in our tanks . The specs of our helium is :Compressed Helium UN1046".

Any thoughts?

W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
is it ok to use a CFH (3 to 4 CFH) meter and convert to liters? Maximum Inlet Pressure 50 PSI?
The important thing is that the flowmeter regulator connects to the cylinder. The units don't matter; just convert them. 15 LPM is equal to 32 CFH.

W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
thank you Greenberg

Received the lease paperwork for a gas cylinder. Unfortunately I cannot agree to their terms, which includes

1. Can't connect your own equipment to the cylinder, have to buy a regulator from them.
2. Should you connect your own equipment, the equipment becomes their property.
3. They do inspections.
4. Minimum lease period is 60 months. The problem with that, they expect you to refill the cyclinders every now and then, I suspect if I dont they will do an inspection.

So back to the canisters, I asked if it is the same helium as the helium in their cylinders, the answer I got;

"The helium in the Balloon Kit is exactly the same as the helium that we fill in our tanks . The specs of our helium is :Compressed Helium UN1046".

Any thoughts?
In the USA and many other countries, you can buy a cylinder filled with inert gas of sufficient size; for instance 3.5 L water volume, 20 cubic foot compressed volume, at an affordable price rather than renting a much larger cylinder.
I don't know what country you live in, just that you don't live in the US or Europe, but if you haven't looked to purchase a smaller amount perhaps consider it. Those size cylinders are used for inert gas welding, and some food service applications use nitrogen I think. Even smaller sizes are used to calibrate scientific instruments, but those are too small.
Ultimately it is your choice and I wish you well.

A

Alpe

Sep 2, 2020
In the USA and many other countries, you can buy a cylinder filled with inert gas of sufficient size; for instance 3.5 L water volume, 20 cubic foot compressed volume, at an affordable price rather than renting a much larger cylinder.
I don't know what country you live in, just that you don't live in the US or Europe, but if you haven't looked to purchase a smaller amount perhaps consider it. Those size cylinders are used for inert gas welding, and some food service applications use nitrogen I think. Even smaller sizes are used to calibrate scientific instruments, but those are too small.
Ultimately it is your choice and I wish you well.

thank you for your reply. they do the same with the smaller sizes, rent only, and you have to buy the regulator from them, cant choose your own. Found a medical gas supply company who sells cylinders, asked for a quoted, if I can buy one then I just need someone to fill it for me. will see what happens next week