VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i read a few articles saying that it has to do with the nerve endings regenerating and everything growing back, so i know that plays a part. but i have a few older scars from over three years ago that hurt as if they're new.

they're not that deep - they're noticeable, but they only went into the flesh and nothing underneath that. sometimes, it interferes with walking. i feel like my hips are going to give out when i walk for more than a mile.

sorry if this thread's been made before. i'm just wondering if anybody else has had this experience, and if they have, what to do about it. i'm not a frequent self-harmer anymore, by the way.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Mine don't hurt, though they're noticeable and ugly. The keloids have went down. I find that the emotional pain hurts worse than the scars.

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Mine don't hurt, the skin is kinda numb around the area I cut from repeatedly cutting the same spots over and over. I know there are some creams that help with scarring, maybe give them a try.

sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
yes, i have one in particular that's hypertrophic and hurts to the touch :( do yours hurt all of the time?

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
yes, i have one in particular that's hypertrophic and hurts to the touch :( do yours hurt all of the time?
i didn't see this until today, i'm sorry.
but yeah, i have a few on my hip that ache for most of the day, and they hurt especially bad when i get an urge.

• Aww..
Reactions: sadgirl9999
B

BetterInthanOut

Student
Mar 6, 2020
Mine itch but not so much hurt, I recently had a tonne of bad ones tattooed over and it was 100 times more painful than regular skin tho

• Hugs
planchette

planchette

Aug 26, 2020
began cutting around my hips because wrists were too noticeable, and it hurts at the waistband. i'd much rather do it to the wrists but i'd like to hide it

• Hugs
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Yes, scars can hurt for a while. I also found them to be sensitive to weather changes