D

Deleted member 65988

From this point of view "Truly suicidal people don't tell anyone they're going to CTB" when they are really serious about their plan is the best choice they can make.
From that perspective it makes sense because then when they attempt, no one will know it and may not be able to stop them.

it's better when nobody knows about the actual CTB plans anyway for own safety precautions especially in order not to be discovered too early or being disturbed during the attempt.
100% agree. Last thing I'd want are my plans compromised.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Have you ever been told this by someone when you told them you're feeling suicidal? It's an annoying phrase, and it's always the people who parade being pro suicide prevention that silence people from even talking about it.
There are so many stupid, ignorant people in the world. What a stupid statement. Whoever would say something so asinine is obviously stupid.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I wonder if these people feel bad when some of those people do CTB. But yeah- it's a really dismissive thing to say. Even if they're right and it's just a 'cry for help'- things have gotten so bad that that person feels the need to threaten suicide to get any kind of attention/ help! So maybe they do actually need help!

It's just ironic really. I think there is more encouragement now to get people to talk about their struggles but- why would they if they are met with that response?!! Plus if those kind of idiots then say- 'We had no idea they were struggling! If only they had told someone!' That would be the cherry on the cake! It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Would probably be easier to tell more people about it if it wasn't as stigmatized. I told some of my friends. I could tell it made them uncomfy.
pd: i did not call them an was like; hey, im going to kill myself. it was alot more sutle, and not to get help, but more so they dont get super surprised when it happens! howerver, i regret mentioning it!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
I definitely don't want people to know that I'm going to kms, but I have openly spoke about it many times. I have even asked for help (even though I'm still going to go through with it). Pro life people are so hypocritical. They want to prevent suicide, but don't want to hear/speak about it when the word is mentioned.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Experienced
Dec 27, 2023
Yeah my ex bestfriend kind of said this to me after i was discharged from the psychward for a suicide attempt. She said "If you really would have wanted to die then you would have been successful."
I still hate her from the bottom of my heart for this. Even my therapist tells me that its rlly rlly hard to ctb and that she saw so many cases of ppl suffering lots more after their attempts than before.

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I wish it was easier - to know who to tell, what to say. So far I haven't had the nerve to say anything to anyone. You're right, I don't want to risk a 72-hour hold. Ugh. And even if that doesn't happen, they're going to treat you with kid gloves. I learned a long time ago to be careful what you say because of the long term and ramifications.

kishka

kishka

Dec 30, 2023
I don't tell people anymore unless it's someone I think will respect my choice. When I ctb it will be largely due to my chronic pain that has taken all quality of life and I know some people in my life can understand and respect that. I don't tell them because I don't want to do it. I tell them because I know they do care about me and I know that if they know why I'm making this choice, it'll be a comfort to them in their grief. It's also comforting to me to know that someone will be grieving and that I won't just be forgotten afterwards.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Have you ever been told this by someone when you told them you're feeling suicidal? It's an annoying phrase, and it's always the people who parade being pro suicide prevention that silence people from even talking about it.
It's true. Read what you posted then reread it. There's obviously some part of you that isn't ready to go if you're silly enough to tell REAL people that you plan to commit suicide. If you're just 'feeling' suicidal, that's completely different. There's was a user who 'intended to die' but didn't even weigh out their SN. They did not want to die, not truly. It's called cognitive dissonance. They had to have known that miscalculated effort would likely result in failure. If you're serious, you'll be reading every piece of information available and sticking to it. Don't tell anybody if you genuinely are wanting to CTB.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Really mixed feelings here. Those I know who have CTB you'd have never thought they were going to do it. Their lives were perfect. Wife and kids etc. Maybe if he'd said something he'd be here now. I just don't know.

• Hugs
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This was both true and not for me. When I decided it was what I wanted to do I didn't tell anybody because I didn't want to be stopped so from that perspective it is true. After I failed my attempts I felt so trapped I had no alternative than to tell people. I still very much wanted to die, I just needed help to do it and was deadly serious.

• Hugs