• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
The outsider looking in see something totally different from what we see. They've usually been fed lies or sometimes complete fabrications outright. No matter how hard our society tries to pretend that mental health is taken seriously, but in reality it is not. From the dated approaches used such as involuntary confinement, overmedication, and old and tired feel-good platitudes that don't help at all. The pandemic, no matter what your opinion is on it, has caused more mental health issues and suicide than any other recent event like it before. Being locked down for long periods of time, and not being able to do basic things such as going shopping or getting a haircut does have an effect on many people.

Many people pretend to care about mental health issues, all the while focusing their energy on attacking those on this website, even going so far as to create alternate accounts in an attempt to bait responses out of people and to influence people on this forum. Someone that goes to that level to do something like that doesn't deserve my attention nor will I mention their name here. Not only do they not care for the wellbeing of the users here or about mental health in general, but it also says all I need to know about the group that this person has decided to associate themselves with. This person also was working on a project that I found quite interesting, but after discovering what they have done, I don't want no dealings with this person at all. I believe, as a community, we can come up with an application ourselves that can help people have an outlet to talk about mental health issues without the risk of being deanonymized or punished for them. The idea is a good one, but the person behind it will no longer have my support any longer.

Sanctioned Suicide has always been a community where we have allowed people to speak their minds and post about many suicide related topics that are taboo in society. We obviously can't control everything that happens on this forum either. There's bad apples in every community, and it's something that we try to control to the best of our ability but we're not always able to catch everyone. Our moderators work hard and try their best to make sure that this forum is as safe as possible. The people that hate us will always find a reason to hate, but we will continue to move forward as usual.

Our principles have not changed.

Even though multiple domain suspensions and hosting changes, we are completely committed to continuing to provide this forum for all our members to use.

Too many people, including many mental health professionals, are only committed to treating the symptoms and not figuring out the underlying causes. This community is a step in the right direction when it comes to true mental health reform.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Thank you for this site :) without it, I probably would've ctb ages ago. And I completely agree about professionals just trying to treat symptoms. I used to have one psychiatrist in a hospital I used to go to that would just throw pills at me instead of figuring out why I was depressed at the time. I don't even really think he listened to me because I told him that part of the reason I was depressed was because my uncle died and he put in my notes that my uncle ctb.

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Thank you, @Marquis for SS. SS has given us a platform to speak without censorship. If I'm not a broke college student, I'd donate yearly for this cause. Never change the principles. I like this forum as it is.

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
This site is actually a life saver for many people, however ironic that sounds. On this site you won't be judged for the way you look, you won't be judged for not having a job or career, you won't be judged for your ilness or just for being different. People on this site know what real suffering is and they are very supportive and understanding.

A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I totally agree with all that you have said and don't even have sufficient words to thank you for all you have done to provide this outlet for those of us who are on the edge. Being able to express my feelings about the various aspects of being suicidal brings me a lot of relief and hearing the stories / feelings of others provides needed validation. I have much in common with others on this forum and it brings comfort. Professionals and non-professionals who keep up the non-sense that they spew re: anti-suicide show their ignorance. Again, thank you so much for providing this site .

ShutUpEli

ShutUpEli

I'm sorry
Apr 6, 2021
I appreciate this website so much, discovering this community was by far the biggest impact in my life recently. I went from having absolutely nobody to talk to about these feelings and urges to an entire community who understands and endures the same struggles. It's too much for words to describe how wonderful this community has been to not just me, but anyone out there struggling with suicidal thoughts and tendencies. I hope each and every one of you reaches the end of your journey as safe as possible, and we'll all be here to talk every step of the way.

Peace and love to you all ❤️

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
Thanks for all you do Marquis. You've probably saved more lives than you know by having this website. It has certainly prolonged mine. When I first stumbled on this site I was ready to go by any means necessary. Seeing the consequences attached to methods (that lets be honest you don't have to find this site to know about) certainly gives you pause for thought. The fact that suicidal people are being shamed for finding a corner of the internet to speak openly about these issues speaks volumes about how society as a whole deals with the situation. Like it's some dirty little secret that causes over 1 million deaths worldwide per year than a societal issue. Or if you want to go further, a human issue. Anyway not sure what my point was or is but I just want to thank you for helping me survive longer than If I hadn't found this site. Much love.

it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Many people pretend to care about mental health issues, all the while focusing their energy on attacking those on this website, even going so far as to create alternate accounts in an attempt to bait responses out of people and to influence people on this forum. Someone that goes to that level to do something like that doesn't deserve my attention nor will I mention their name here. Not only do they not care for the wellbeing of the users here or about mental health in general, but it also says all I need to know about the group that this person has decided to associate themselves with. This person also was working on a project that I found quite interesting, but after discovering what they have done, I don't want no dealings with this person at all. I believe, as a community, we can come up with an application ourselves that can help people have an outlet to talk about mental health issues without the risk of being deanonymized or punished for them. The idea is a good one, but the person behind it will no longer have my support any longer.

You're talking about BipolarGuy, right?

• Love
Reactions: whywere
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
thank you marquis and other admins for your dedication and hardwork. this site wouldn't exist without yall. we can all agree SaSu has made a positive impact for most of us and yes, a few bad apples slips thru the crack along the way which is more of a reason to stay vigilante, help out by reporting suspicous behaviours.

BornofDust

BornofDust

Student
Dec 11, 2020
I really appreciate everything you have said. Everything you said is on point. Also thank you for this site. It's been a blessing for me and other people.
Too many people, including many mental health professionals, are only committed to treating the symptoms and not figuring out the underlying causes
It because fixing the symptoms are a lot easier than figuring out the underlining causes. It takes too much work and effort to systematically root to the causes of mental health in a deeper way. And so simply mitigating the issues are a lot easier and take less effort and thinking than going through the process of helping it at a deeper level.

Maybe soon society will become more open to mental health in time come. Until then this site and a few other programs are the best places in order to discuss mental health without stigma.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I want to thank everyone who helps keep this site going. It has helped me so much. I found safer alternatives to CTB.
I don't know if I will be able to do it but being able to talk to people who understand because they are going through the same thing helps.
This site has made me laugh and feel like I fit in. It has been sad when a member CTB but I understand their decision. I hope to join them someday but until then I'm grateful S.S. is here.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
I believe, as a community, we can come up with an application ourselves that can help people have an outlet to talk about mental health issues without the risk of being deanonymized or punished for them
Are we? I think it would be cool if we did. My eyes hurt from rolling them so much reading misinformation about this place. I mean I've had my problems here but some of the shit I read about :meh:

Last edited:
BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks to those who make this community possible, moderators and each and every one of its members, I think that nobody understands what happens in the minds of suicidal people, nobody knows what they are going through and that is when the words said lightly, they are presented in an absurd way, all members of the ss community do not always agree, but we do have a fraternity and more things unite us than those outside the community and malicious spies want to make believe the Exterior. I love you and for me at least I want to leave testimony that you have been a lot of support.

angelus

angelus

Interfice teipsum, et gaudium invenies.
Jul 29, 2021
Words cannot express how grateful I am this community exists. It is for the first time in my life that I fit in. SS provided me a social group I can talk to, a family which cares genuinely, which is empathetic, never judgemental but supportive.
Talking to others in the same situation and with the same mentality gives me validation and hope that I am not alone.
If SS never existed, I'd eventually ctb anyway, but sad. Now, I am able to go happier, surrounded by love, support and understanting.
I know I will depart for sure, my decision is taken. But till then, being here in this community is the best thing that happened to me and it will stay that way until my last day.
Sharing and listening to other peple experiences here, makes me more sensitive and caring, providing me with moral alleviation and better understanding.
Thank y'all, SS team. Keep SS safe, long living and very well defended.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 32964

it's nice that this is here because I don't feel like going outside today. i wanted to sit on my bed. I was safe from binge drinking, use of a carbon monoxide lamp and found other people who have been where I am (in some senses). You're right, nobody understands suicide or walking around "hallucinating" losing your whole life, family, an ability to drive or use a car, exhaustion from overwork, poverty, mental health "treatment" stories like another one. I've been suicidal for over 16.5 years. I've been hallucinating since an event that left me wounded with life-threatening PTSD. I haven't recovered. My life isn't over yet - there are things I'd like to get back to doing but the urge to walk out and solve problems FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL and not be put through nights of listening to someone scream at me who is no longer there, feel the presence of one who wasn't welcomed or given permission enter a private space, have that need to abuse medications or try out effective methods, binge on wine to help get some much needed sleep that can last for up to 2 weeks - well it's nice to find some place where someone isn't going to lack comprehension of what it's like to "feel sorry for yourself" this way. I've been supported and given some nice new acquaintances to talk to, for a change. For me, that's a huge step because I fall in with almost nobody, anywhere. It's impossible for me to communicate and conduct myself in situations where I feel horribly outnumbered or pushed out. My personal values were respected here. I left feeling like I might leave the room and take a walk and make it through another day because I spent the whole day chatting here. Thanks :)

"He Who Wants A Rose Must Respect The Thorn." - Persian Proverb

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
The outsider looking in see something totally different from what we see. They've usually been fed lies or sometimes complete fabrications outright. No matter how hard our society tries to pretend that mental health is taken seriously, but in reality it is not. From the dated approaches used such as involuntary confinement, overmedication, and old and tired feel-good platitudes that don't help at all. The pandemic, no matter what your opinion is on it, has caused more mental health issues and suicide than any other recent event like it before. Being locked down for long periods of time, and not being able to do basic things such as going shopping or getting a haircut does have an effect on many people.

Sanctioned Suicide has always been a community where we have allowed people to speak their minds and post about many suicide related topics that are taboo in society. We obviously can't control everything that happens on this forum either. There's bad apples in every community, and it's something that we try to control to the best of our ability but we're not always able to catch everyone. Our moderators work hard and try their best to make sure that this forum is as safe as possible. The people that hate us will always find a reason to hate, but we will continue to move forward as usual.

Our principles have not changed.

Even though multiple domain suspensions and hosting changes, we are completely committed to continuing to provide this forum for all our members to use.

Too many people, including many mental health professionals, are only committed to treating the symptoms and not figuring out the underlying causes. This community is a step in the right direction when it comes to true mental health reform.
Thanx for this site. It was hard to find you because of all the crap surrounding the taboos of society, but I am glad you are here and glad that I am. Thanx for being here for me.