• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
So there are two main methods involving trains. One of them is lying down, neck on the tracks. The other is standing in front and letting it crash into you.

Honestly, I'm terrified of the first method. I can't help but think that the train's cowcatcher could just push me out of the way. I don't really want to do it. Plus the idea of dying by being sliced up by the train wheels kind of makes me squirm. I'd prefer to fall to bashing damage rather than cutting damage, to speak in RPG terms.

I prefer the idea of standing in front. In fact, I was thinking that leaning forward, perhaps even jumping forward if I have the composure in that moment (perhaps not), or getting down into a position approximating that of an Olympic runner before the start, my head is going to get hit first and obliterated by the train, immediately destroying my consciousness and preventing me from - even momentarily - experiencing pain in the rest of my body. Does this sound like it'd work out the way I hope it would? Is there any chance I'd bounce off the front of the train with non-lethal consequences, and if so, what can increase or decrease the chance of that?

I'm planning on scouting some random railway routes outside of the big city, see where I can find a blind spot (a tunnel exit, a patch of trees close to the track, anything) from which I can move out shortly before the arrival of the train (so that the train doesn't have time to significantly decrease its speed, but I have just enough time to rush out and get into position). I also want to just stay on the scene during these scouting trips, observe how fast the train moves past the spot. Does this sound like a good plan, any obvious preparations/precautions I've missed?

Reactions: Professor K and Amyend88
A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
"Train-ing methods"
Lol

Anyways, problably won't do much good but a comment is better than no comment. In my opinion having the head on the tracks would be faster.

• Yay!
Reactions: LifeIsCrazyNemb, Amyend88 and voyle
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I have the same exact concerns as you do in terms of slicing damage which scares the fuck out of me. Neck on railing is the safest way to do it but i prefer bashing damage, so i have a plan. Similar to yours ill stick my head out off the platform at the station with my body layed down on the platform. These trains are express sometimes and move very fast. Hopefully the impact from the speed of the train will hit my head so hard that ill die on impact without much time to process any of it. Strangely this method if done the way i described does not scare me at all. I have a blind spot too so it should be easy especially if the station is empty. Best to get drunk before doing this also so it can help supress the survival instinct. I considered standing in front of the train or jumping into it, but thats too risky. I might survive and lose a leg or something.

Anyway this is my backup plan incase i dont get my nembutal which i might not. I hope it works out as good as it sounds on paper for your sake and mines ☺

EDIT:
Check out this vid. Gives you an idea of what happens when your head gets hit by a train. Same outcome as neck on railing just no wheels or slicing involved. This was a real case by the way (it really happened).

Last edited:
M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
I have the same exact concerns as you do in terms of slicing damage which scares the fuck out of me. Neck on railing is the safest way to do it but i prefer bashing damage, so i have a plan. Similar to yours ill stick my head out off the platform at the station with my body layed down on the platform. These trains are express sometimes and move very fast. Hopefully the impact from the speed of the train will hit my head so hard that ill die on impact without much time to process any of it. Strangely this method if done the way i described does not scare me at all. I have a blind spot too so it should be easy especially if the station is empty. Best to get drunk before doing this also so it can help supress the survival instinct. I considered standing in front of the train or jumping into it, but thats too risky. I might survive and lose a leg or something.

Anyway this is my backup plan incase i dont get my nembutal which i might not. I hope it works out as good as it sounds on paper for your sake and mines ☺

EDIT:
Check out this vid. Gives you an idea of what happens when your head gets hit by a train. Same outcome as neck on railing just no wheels or slicing involved. This was a real case by the way (it really happened).

Cheers - that's a chilling video, especially because it apparently didn't happen to someone who actually wanted to die, but also reassuring in a way.

Hopefully, with two of us looking for answers now, someone can provide them!

Reactions: Amyend88
M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
Cheers - that's a chilling video, especially because it apparently didn't happen to someone who actually wanted to die, but also reassuring in a way.

Hopefully, with two of us looking for answers now, someone can provide them!

Or maybe he did...who knows? An express train to the head is pretty much a sure thing.

Reactions: Amyend88 and Freyja13
M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
Or maybe he did...who knows? An express train to the head is pretty much a sure thing.

Apparently he just stuck his head out, though, instead of jumping in front, which is not a very usual (or very surefire) way of killing yourself if you are actually trying, though.

I've been wondering about the "lying down on tracks" method - I'm a little less afraid of the concept now and am wondering how it'd compare. How much difference is there between position? One obvious method would be to lie across the tracks, neck over one rail and my lower body over the other. The other one would be to just lie over one of the rails, neck over the rail and my head between the two rails. My personal train of thought (no, I won't stop with the puns...) is that both are equally lethal if the pilot isn't low enough to push me away before the wheels slice me apart, but if it is, then the second position would be riskier since it's easier for the pilot to shove me outside. The advantage of the second position is that it's easier to throw myself onto the tracks quickly, which is an advantage if I can't simply lie on the tracks well in advance (because of the possibility of either the driver or others noticing me lying around there - it's unlikely they'd think I'm just sunbathing). I just wish there was some sort of scientific physics analysis of what a train at various speeds does to one's body depending on what position the subject takes up. I mean, in theory, any reasonably fast train should disintegrate me if I'm standing/sitting directly in front or lying properly on the tracks, either way, but then there are all kinds of stories along the lines of "this person avoided death because of an extremely unlikely combination of factors and if they had just positioned their body even slightly differently they'd have been guaranteed to die"... But then again, I'm also thinking that most of the train survivors might just be people who flinched or tried to dodge at the very last second and only received a glancing blow, though.

Reactions: Amyend88
Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
I was wondering the same and never thought of the Olympic runner pose.

I actually like this one better as I feel the same fear as you when it comes to 'cutting damage'.