Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
i fucking hate weak people tbqh.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Superdeterminist and Meditation guide
GottaGo

GottaGo

Jan 27, 2020
Me too! I am quite masculine on the outside but on the inside I am very sensitive. I recently found out that there is a group of men who played the passive role in a relationship and I think that helped me. I have always wanted a strong woman to protect me haha. At least at home.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Meditation guide and 262653
ScaredGirl

ScaredGirl

Mimi Ruru- 21 ~ she/her soft, death craving nerd
Dec 20, 2020
I am male and I deal a lot with suicidal thoughts. (otherwise i would not be here lol) Statistically it is way more likely that men commit suicide. I think some of my suicidal thoughts have to do with my gender. For example men shall have the role of a strong, emotionally distanced person who protects rather than being a depressed mess. I could imagine if i was female i would have another worldview. My sister completely denies suicide. And i think it is psychological proven that men tend to lead their aggressions towards themself. This fits perfectly for me.
However i try to consider the pro and con arguments for suicide rational. The reason of ceasing my existence should not be an impulse, i rather prefer a really well thought end.
Im trans female came out at 12, then again at 16 this is when my dad really hit hard with this toxic masculinity. my dad hated and I feel he still does hate that I am trans female and always forced this toxic vision of masculinity on me, literally would bully me for not doing sports, working out, drinking alcohol, getting a drivers license, growing a beard, eating and drinking soya products, LITERALLY hellish. I of course am the most femme girl I know and I always have been super female since birth honestly lol. i've always tried to get away from all that toxicity and my heart goes out to all the men who are trying to live comfortably within their genders having that hell forced onto you. Its not the same and i cant relate with the differences but it honestly kills. your gender is your gender and you are no less than anyone for how you choose to express that <3

• Love
Reactions: End Game, Trannydiary, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I guess a big part of toxic masculinity/femininity depends on what the surrounding environment determines. There are more progressed countries than others that allow people to be more of who they want to be; but overall, as a society, there is still a long way to go.

Gender is a construct, tear it apart.
(^ My personal opinion, obviously)

Reactions: Trannydiary
W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
Is toxic femininity a thing?

From my perspective, it sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Bashing men as marauding apes and uplifting women as positive caregivers. In my experience women can be as destructive and bad as men.

Reactions: Disappointered, Fragile and OrdinaryDay
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well I'm depressed also as a woman, but the statistics do say men are more prone to suicide, probably for the reasons you well mentioned.

Reactions: Disappointered
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I mean from an outsider's perspective, there's really a pretty steep expectation to succeed if you're a guy. And emotional needs are not properly adhered cause of societal norms. This is really harmful since it can make men turn into vices for emotional comfort like drinking, smoking etc., in which are also enforced as male traits too. Getting a better group of peers can help but well, it can only do so much.

I do think there's some truth when a man says he feels neglected by the world in some ways.

Reactions: Disappointered, woknows and Symbiote
UiopQwerty

UiopQwerty

Mage
Dec 17, 2020
I am man. My life and experiences have formed me... I consider myself masculine and straightforward.
Usually Im kind and sensitive. But I can also be rock hard and insensitive. Depending whom I have infront
of me. I only heard once that I can be "toxic". That was the first time I heard it... I was like -Whut?
Its a new expression or term that have arised with the millenials. (Bash me if you want.)
When I was younger there were no such words such as "toxic." I can list all the new words and
expression that are new here... But nah. DAnger of flamewars. :sunglasses:

Yes. Im born in the 70's.

Ikujyhiou

Last edited:
Reactions: GottaGo, Trannydiary and Symbiote
Status
Not open for further replies.