• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PoorYorick

PoorYorick

Jan 4, 2024
I don't want my personal story to satisfy the curiosity of strangers or be a source of entertainment.

LastLoveLetter, yes, very good point.

People are different. Some like to give nice words and that's great. Some are more practical, often willing to help in a more physical way. What is also important is that this site is a place gathering vast knowledge on a rare subject. Without such knowledge many past members wouldn't succeed. A person who engages in such a drastic acitivity is even more rare. That's why your relation could be so valueable.

You may think of people that will be in your situation. You could help them by describing exactly what happens to you.

Sorry if this hurts. It was not intended. I'm just rational, I can't change it. But I definitely wish you the best. And I admire your bravery.

• Hmph!
  • Love
Reactions: VidFlumina, Adûnâi, violetskies and 1 other person
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Dearest LastLoveLetter,

I have just realised what is happening with you and I am really sorry that life has let you down so badly. You reached out to me to support me this week despite all the challenges that you are facing - it takes an incredibly kind hearted person to do that and Thank You.

It is so sad that we have similar experiences and are finding ourselves in a similar journey right now. You will definitely be missed - for the incredible person you have proved to be - kind hearted, caring, researching out to others who are vulnerable, empathy, candour are just a few qualities that spring to mind.

I really hope that you find peace and closure in your journey. To be honest, I am struggling to type this as I am lost for words - I messaged you a few minutes before seeing this post about how lonely I felt and thanking you for reaching out. I really feel like asking you not to do this as I have tried this method in the past (though not with the purpose of ending my life) and itbwas painful. However I can feel that utter feeling of isolation, rejection and everything else that it feels so unfair, unjust and cruel to ask you to reconsider when I don't even have the strength to carry on despite the responsibilities I have on this planet. Also being aware of how screwed up our healthcare system is, hope seems like a fake friend (putting it mildly)..,

Thinking of you and hoping that you do find peace of mind and a place where there is no pain. Never met you, never even knew about you till this week - but love you lots for the beautiful human being you are.

• Love
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Praestat_Mori, Adûnâi and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Hello, I wanted to say that I'm sorry your life has been so bad. I understand why you chose this method and wish I had your willpower. There isn't a lot written about this method I could find aside from one article on it in PPH saying that someone such as a nurse is helpful toward the later days of it.

I hope you find peace and this process isn't too uncomfortable. I hope you post again soon.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Adûnâi, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
Toothless Bunny

Toothless Bunny

Can't revive the dead
Jan 19, 2024
Having weighed up my options, I have chosen to attempt VSED. If I succeed in acquiring a new supply of SN in the interim, I will switch over to that method (and will have already fasted ahead of time, so less preparation will be required in that case).

I have experience with not eating for long periods of time, both voluntarily and involuntarily (historic abuse and neglect).

Intermittent fasting is something I was doing quite regularly up until recently, including prolonged fasts. Quite often, fatigue and gastrointestinal issues made food consumption challenging to begin with.

As a result, I initially intend to first stop eating and essentially water fast for a time (which I am already familiar with), and then cease all water intake as well.

I am aware this will be a slow, highly uncomfortable and very difficult process, and have made the informed decision to attempt this method despite that. I have nothing to lose in trying and if I am able to acquire alternative means, I can simply change methods part way through.

I'm no stranger to physical pain and hope with any luck, my already poor health will perhaps accelerate the process.

Due to IBS, I usually avoid certain foods but this evening, I'm treating myself to a final slice of my favourite cake before fasting begins.

Having somewhere to talk and share my progress, along with difficulties, will help. I plan to post updates here as the fast progresses.
I hope that you can find peace finally, this method is slow and painful but i hope it goes smooth for you maybe we'll meet in the afterlife, i hope so

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Kit1, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Thank you, that's very touching to read. It's impossible for me to consider myself an inspiration of any kind, but am truly touched you feel that. I am glad that I was able to make you feel truly understood, especially since you hadn't encountered others who did. Your posts resonated with me deeply and greatly appreciated you taking the time to write them and share some of your circumstances with me.

I appreciated and valued you understanding me as well, it meant a lot. Often, I wish I had someone who understood me on that level in my life. But at the same time, I've found that for someone to truly "get it", they have to live through it themselves. And I wish no-one had to live through that pain and deterioration. So while I'm grateful to have crossed paths with you and for your understanding, I'm also sorry that you do get it.

It's strange how fasting has such variable effects. A part of me hopes that my cognition will fade, in hopes that those final days will be a blur and pass with relative ease. Thank you.

That is ok, if you are unable to consider yourself in this "light," that of being one in which is an inspiration (of any kind!) to others... for just know this: that IS how I truly feel about you, and what words you'd spoken. And so, it is with this, I bring to you only my open & honest acknowledgement of your awesome/incredible/and kind -- efforts! And for which, I thank you - both then & now. : )

For I've even had others, who work within the profession (mostly at the RN/nursing level) who've while initially, for the longest time, been on my side & championing advocating for me, and giving me suggestions of which or how I might (best) proceed - none of which were helpful, as they were always twelve-hundred steps behind. But, it's like the "shelf-life," of acceptance, or tolerance, for being willing to put up my b. s. has EXPIRED.

And they are now taking any criticisms of any mishandlings of my dr.s' personally, as in or an attack on them, or their medical community for which they are a part of, and whose team it is they are enrolled & play on, or for. So that's been nice! Almost wish I'd never had their support from the start. And what's even further ridiculous, as in fitting in or for all of this--is that they too, both suffer from significant long-time/or term, and chronic conditions, that their dr.'s haven't gotten much closer at, coming to a solution or a resolution, in terms of treatment plan that is in any way helpful, of significant variety & type, so as to stop them (the/their symptoms) from interfering w/and wrecking their days. . .

So, oh well! ; )

I do value you. And I don't know that I "get it," quite nearly as or at the level of severity with which is currently (& for a lasting little while now) affecting, and obstructing all things of or in your health. I sometimes find, "Destructing," is a better or more apt. term~

Fasting is interesting. My longest on record is about one-week too, last summer. But I've had many 3-5 day fasts. I'd almost say the 1 or 2 day ones are harder, for me anyways~!* : D

But starving is a whole 'nother level to which, I don't find or believe I've ever attempted. Have known some close friends with some pretty severe anorexia, though. So I saw the prolonged affects of what that does to one's body. And well, I'm sure you're well aware of that... It isn't pretty - (not that-that's what you are shooting for here, of course!). . .

I think that's what they do in hospice in some certain situations at the very end. But that may be a bit of a different ball of wax, from the one in which you are portraying or presenting (with) now. So I hope for the best for you, and will think of you often, throughout your journey here.

I'm sometimes often -- 'out to lunch,' -- even while in here. But that doesn't mean that I won't get around to it (the reading of any updates you may write) on here, or hopefully anywhere else. I admittedly, have been doing a rather poor job lately of keeping up with very many posts on the front page there of this section. If I can, I'll try to do better, but that may have to wait, as I've got other more pressing matters, taking up & dividing my time right now.

See you later!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Praestat_Mori, Adûnâi and 2 others
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
You may think of people that will be in your situation. You could help them by describing exactly what happens to you.
@LastLoveLetter is not obligated in any way to share every step of their method with anyone if they don't want to. This is about them alone and continuing to try and get them to think of other people during such a personal time is out of line.

• Love
Reactions: VidFlumina, Painfu.Ll.suffering, StandardOtter and 7 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
@LastLoveLetter is not obligated in any way to share every step of their method with anyone if they don't want to. This is about them alone and continuing to try and get them to think of other people during such a personal time is out of line.
Well said, Violetskies.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Adûnâi, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
I regret you made such a decision. It would be a fascinating lecture.

How about being generous now and giving many people the satisfaction of reading your story?

LastLoveLetter, yes, very good point.

People are different. Some like to give nice words and that's great. Some are more practical, often willing to help in a more physical way. What is also important is that this site is a place gathering vast knowledge on a rare subject. Without such knowledge many past members wouldn't succeed. A person who engages in such a drastic acitivity is even more rare. That's why your relation could be so valueable.

Sorry if this hurts. It was not intended. I'm just rational, I can't change it. But I definitely wish you the best. And I admire your bravery.
Please respect OPs wishes, they do not owe you anything. Throwing a backhanded sorry and immediately dismissing it with, "i'm just rational" is insulting and not an apology. You're still going at it after being told to stop. please do not continue this behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Meteora, _smile_ and 4 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Just want to say thank you so much to those who have left supportive and kind words. I appreciate it very much. Very grateful for those who have defended my choice not to share VSED updates on this thread too. Thank you.

I feel very guilty because I'm too lethargic to reply to people in detail even though I want to, but had to at least express my appreciation to everyone who has commented.

A special thank you to to @Kit1 and @ropearoundatree for their kindness and the time to write such thoughtful posts. I'm genuinely touched, relate to your situations very deeply and appreciate both of you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Praestat_Mori, bed and 8 others
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Don't be, feeling guilty--that is! We ALL Understand why it is you can't be more present at this time when you should really only be selfishly considering yourself, above all else @LastLoveLetter ~ :) Peace

I like your avatar. It's very cool! ;)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, bed, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Please don't feel guilty. You are going through a lot in so many ways and it is nowntime fornyou to concentrate on yourself, manage your energy levels, self reflection, self care etc. We are all thinking of you and wishing the best for you. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, bed, LastLoveLetter and 3 others
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Don't be, feeling guilty--that is! We ALL Understand why it is you can't be more present at this time when you should really only be selfishly considering yourself, above all else @LastLoveLetter ~ :) Peace

I like your avatar. It's very cool! ;)

Please don't feel guilty. You are going through a lot in so many ways and it is nowntime fornyou to concentrate on yourself, manage your energy levels, self reflection, self care etc. We are all thinking of you and wishing the best for you. Take care.

Thank you both, for your care and understanding. :heart:

I am still posting updates on my profile when I can, which people I've interacted with and have followed can see (if they choose to do so). This affords me some relative privacy while still being able to share how things are going as the fast progresses. Most of it is admittedly boring tidbits of information and simply a disorganised diary more than anything else.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Painfu.Ll.suffering, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Hey @LastLoveLetter
I can relate so much to what you are writing in general but especially about your childhood. Your decision is brave and of course you don't want spectators, don't want to become a living study. What you want and need is the most important right now. I wish you all the best, sending love your way and take care < 3.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Praestat_Mori, rozeske and 1 other person
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
Thank you both, for your care and understanding. :heart:

I am still posting updates on my profile when I can, which people I've interacted with and have followed can see (if they choose to do so). This affords me some relative privacy while still being able to share how things are going as the fast progresses. Most of it is admittedly boring tidbits of information and simply a disorganised diary more than anything else.
wishing you peaceful travels <3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Praestat_Mori, rozeske and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Just wanted to update:

I lasted seven days (edit: eight days actually, I got the days mixed up) with no food but certain symptoms became unmanageable and earlier today I collapsed despite taking precautions.

So ultimately have to nip this in the bud for now. That's without even stopping water intake, though I did gradually reduce it.

It was worth trying and eight days is still a long time, no small feat. Perhaps I will be able to push it for longer and try again in future.

My SN is supposed to arrive within the next couple of weeks. Assuming this arrives as hoped, I'll be able to use this option instead.

I'm upset to have to stop, but the increasingly worrying physical symptoms today have made this not a manageable method. Slowly dying of heart failure, dehydration etc. isn't the way to go. Deep down I already knew that, but was desperate.

The sudden drop in weight (I've lost 10 lbs, so more than I thought), higher levels of fatigue etc were starting to rouse suspicion as well.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Lostandlooking, kermudgeon and 11 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Sending you hugs XXX

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ropearoundatree, LastLoveLetter, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
Just wanted to update:

I lasted seven days (edit: eight days actually, I got the days mixed up) with no food but certain symptoms became unmanageable and earlier today I collapsed despite taking precautions.

So ultimately have to nip this in the bud for now. That's without even stopping water intake, though I did gradually reduce it.

It was worth trying and eight days is still a long time, no small feat. Perhaps I will be able to push it for longer and try again in future.

My SN is supposed to arrive within the next couple of weeks. Assuming this arrives as hoped, I'll be able to use this option instead.

I'm upset to have to stop, but the increasingly worrying physical symptoms today have made this not a manageable method. Slowly dying of heart failure, dehydration etc. isn't the way to go. Deep down I already knew that, but was desperate.

The sudden drop in weight (I've lost 10 lbs, so more than I thought), higher levels of fatigue etc were starting to rouse suspicion as well.
sending you lots of support <3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ropearoundatree, Kit1 and LastLoveLetter
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am sorry this didn't go as you hoped for and am sorry for the unmanageable symptoms you went through. I hope all goes back to the norm quick for you. Try not to be hard on yourself, You were brave and strong enough to try and see it. Good luck with your SN and I wish you all the best in your future plans love ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: VidFlumina, Kit1 and LastLoveLetter
N

nobody11

Jan 30, 2024
Bro i want to use this method can i use it in desert ? What is the best painkiller for that
I throught my sn in the garabge

LittleBlackCat

LittleBlackCat

Experienced
Feb 6, 2020
Hugs to you. 🤗 I wish you peace. ❤️

• Hugs
  • Love
S

sewycidial

Jan 13, 2024
Just wanted to update:

Wow 8 days is no joke you seriously want to CTB. im waiting on my SN as well and wish there was an easy method in the mean time

• Love
  • Hugs
greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
I respect the strength you have to attempt this. I was in a similar situation and wanted to attempt VSED until my SN arrived but I only made it a few days because at a certain point I looked suspicious. You got nerves of steel my friend, I hope you find peace

• Hugs
  • Love
Raven2

Raven2

Specialist
Dec 1, 2022
I'm sorry it didnt work sounds like a really tough method but you did manage 8 days. Where there other symptoms you experienced from lack of food? It's ok if you dont feel like talking about it.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ropearoundatree and LastLoveLetter
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Hope ypu are physically feeling a little better. Sending best wishes

• Love
  • Hugs
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Sending you hugs XXX
Thank you, sending hugs right back 🫂 xx

sending you lots of support <3

Thank you, I really appreciate it :heart:

Without water?

What I did was I started off doing a regular water fast, meaning I was drinking a substantial amount of water initially, then started to gradually reduce my water intake. My thought process was that abruptly stopping all foods and fluids is probably too much too soon, especially without medical supervision, and that doing it gradually would be better.

Not so sure if that's the case now, since it didn't work out anyway.

Am sorry this didn't go as you hoped for and am sorry for the unmanageable symptoms you went through. I hope all goes back to the norm quick for you. Try not to be hard on yourself, You were brave and strong enough to try and see it. Good luck with your SN and I wish you all the best in your future plans love ❤️
Thank you, that means a lot. I felt like a massive failure but do try to remind myself that most people wouldn't manage eight days with no food. Thank you for your support throughout this, I truly appreciate it :heart:

Hugs to you. 🤗 I wish you peace. ❤️

Thank you very much :hug::heart:

Wow 8 days is no joke you seriously want to CTB. im waiting on my SN as well and wish there was an easy method in the mean time

Thank you. I honestly think if I were in overall better health and not chronically ill, I could have lasted a lot longer. I went without food for very long periods when I was younger. The willpower was there, but not the physical strength. I understand it's hard waiting on an SN delivery, and wishing there was something more easily accessible.

I respect the strength you have to attempt this. I was in a similar situation and wanted to attempt VSED until my SN arrived but I only made it a few days because at a certain point I looked suspicious. You got nerves of steel my friend, I hope you find peace

Thank you, I appreciate that. Unfortunately, it did get suspicious towards end. The weight loss seemed slow at first but ultimately I lost 10 lbs in a short period of time and that didn't go unnoticed.

I'm sorry it didnt work sounds like a really tough method but you did manage 8 days. Where there other symptoms you experienced from lack of food? It's ok if you dont feel like talking about it.

During the first couple of days I felt uncomfortable and lethargic with headaches, nausea and stomach cramps, but that's not uncommon. It wasn't unbearable though and have past experience with not eating, so expected it.

Around day 3, my appetite was completely gone. Towards the end of that day, I suddenly felt very exhausted, more than expected even as someone with chronic fatigue, to the point I was sitting in bed and slipping in and out of consciousness or awareness. I experienced chest pains that evening and every evening that followed (which never happened to me during previous fasts or periods without food, and wonder if it's due to a recent further deterioration in health), which I can only describe as a throbbing and squeezing sensation near the heart. This symptom seemed to only emerge in the evenings and would resolve after rest.

Days 4 and 5, I was just tired but otherwise felt okay. I felt a brief surge of energy on day 5, but it was short-lived. Around this time, I noticed my skin had cleared up and looked much better.

On day 6, this might be TMI because it talks about a bowel movement so I'll spoiler it in case people would rather skip it. I had an unexpected bowel movement and it was almost pitch black, to the point I briefly worried about possible internal bleeding for a little while. I also vomited that day and my hunger increased briefly that evening.

On day 7, I left the house for the first time in a long while for an appointment and also to tick an activity off my bucket list that I thought I'd otherwise never be able to do. Retrospectively, I realise this may have been a huge mistake and that I should have stayed at home to conserve energy. I had transport arranged so barely walked anywhere or did anything, but it was still probably enough to take a toll, especially considering my underlying health conditions. I felt fairly okay though and had very few troubling symptoms that day otherwise.

Today started okay, though I noticed feeling weaker than before. After a little while, nausea started to kick in. Then when I got up to go to the bathroom I fell and collapsed (I only passed out for a few seconds though I think).

Hope ypu are physically feeling a little better. Sending best wishes

Thank you, I appreciate that :heart:

I wasn't originally going to share this much, but hope someone else finds this useful. I don't "recommend" any methods, but especially advise caution with VSED. To be perfectly clear, this was out of pure desperation since my disabilities prohibit me from utilising other methods, such as inert gas, drowning, jumping and hanging etc. And it's also very difficult to acquire SN here. I didn't do this because I think it's the best option, I did it because it was my only option. I'm desperate enough that if my SN doesn't arrive, I may very well try it again but with no water at all next time, because I think gradually reducing it is of little use in my case if I'm going to pass out anyway.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Lostandlooking, kermudgeon and 4 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Dear LastLoveLetter,

I am so sorry that the plan did not go as you planned - but you gave it is a go and 8 days is tough.

I hope you are breaking back gently into eating a bit at a time as I find that whenever I go through episodes of stopping to eat or eat and drink, I have to build myself slowly to avoid any pain etc. It might be easier to eat a little at least time - and nothing too heavy straight away.

How are you feeling now? You are amongst friends here and please feel free to dm me if it might help to chat.

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, ropearoundatree and rozeske
violetskies

violetskies

always sleepy
Feb 1, 2024
@LastLoveLetter I'm sorry that it was a rough ride and I know that you might be feeling a bit disappointed but we are all here for you and are always there to talk.
I hope you are breaking back gently into eating a bit at a time as I find that whenever I go through episodes of stopping to eat or eat and drink, I have to build myself slowly to avoid any pain etc. It might be easier to eat a little at least time - and nothing too heavy straight away.
i agree with @Kit1 that you should pace yourself when eating again !

sending you lots of hugs and support <3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastLoveLetter, ropearoundatree, Kit1 and 1 other person
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your support. :heart: I started the eating process very carefully last night. Due to my past experiences of being underfed in early childhood, going through phases of not eating, intermittent fasting etc. I learned to be slow and cautious the hard and painful way.

I will share what I did in case this helps anyone else who needs to eat after a prolonged period:

I took some supplements first (electrolytes and B vitamins, which I already had on hand because before doing this, I took various supplements daily) and waited about half an hour.

Then I made some cucumber and celery juice (strained), with a hint of lime. Cucumber and celery is really good for you and a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. A short while after that I had 100ml of coconut water. It's best to have a small amount to avoid having too much sugar.

Finally, I had a few chunks of watermelon, being careful to chew very thoroughly.

Since then, I've been eating low carb, low sugar fruits and vegetables with a high water content such as watermelon, aubergine, cucumber etc. Going to try a little bit of kefir shortly.

No big meals (though I avoid large meals anyway in general) and still very low in calories for now. I'm going to try to introduce some avocado (mashed into a paste) and egg later. If that goes well I'll try to introduce beans, wholegrain rice etc in a couple of days. I've also stocked up on a few simple soups.

No seriously adverse effects so far. I struggle with gastrointestinal issues and chronic IBS so expect that will flare up no matter what I do because I was never able to eliminate it despite doing everything I could. So I'm anticipating some uncomfortable symptoms anyway, but still being cautious.

Online, there's lots of recommendations for what to eat or not eat after not consuming food for a prolonged period. I stuck to ingredients readily accessible that could be easily ordered for online delivery from a local supermarket, and that don't involve too much food preparation (due to my disabilities and chronic fatigue).

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Doemu, Kit1 and 5 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I really hope you have no issues reintroducing foods and that your stomach feels okay throughout. You're doing the right thing taking it easy with stuff like juices, vegetables, and soup.

I have many of the same problems you do, like chronic fatigue and horrible gastro shit. My gut is becoming an ongoing and permanent source of trauma, between the agonizing stomach cramps and nausea that lasts for hours at a time. You've just completely and utterly had enough at a certain point.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, LastLoveLetter and Kit1