• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

oooobeeeeii

oooobeeeeii

Tired
Mar 18, 2023
lmao this is funny. So Ive been to a hospital once and it was like more of an open type kind, so it wasnt as strict, and after tht I continued seeing a psychiatrist there. She is very cool and I love talking to her, but one thing is really confusing me. I told her I was doing bad and I was suicidal and that food issues were getting worse again. And even tho I did tell her all that, even openly asking to come in order to stay safe and prepare for really hard part of my life (senior exams and getting into uni) she still isnt changing anything. We did discuss coming back but its getting harder and harder for m to stay safe as I am getting more and more suicidal every week. Idk, I am scared of what I can do to myself but at the same time I do feel like I reached out for help. She does help a lot in every other way, and I did gain a lot from our conversations. But why is she making me wait, like shes waiting for me to rly try something? Idk please give me advice, ik she is experienced but I am confused as of why she is waiting :/ nothing rly changed meds wise as well for quite a while as well.

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Why is it increasing week by week? Anxious about school?

redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
This sounds cruel but from my own experiences they don't always get alarmed or take it seriously when someone says they're suicidal. It differs from the person you're talking to or even what country you're from but I'm guessing your psychiatrist doesn't think you're in any danger of doing anything which is why they didn't really change anything. I don't know what they use to determine that exactly but I think that's the conclusion they came too. I don't really have any advice on what to do about it but it sucks and I'm sorry that they're not offering you any further help even though you're being honest and asking them for it. All I can say is to try and tell them again in the next appointment

• Informative
Reactions: SunflowerBrains
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
When you say you are suicidal, they check how suicidal you truly are. Like if you have a noose ready at home, you'd most probably be hospitalised. But if you simply feel suicidal and are not planning to take any action on your feelings, they would just tell you to get your mind off those thoughts. They probably analysed that you are suicidal but you don't plan to take action. Of course, if you are very concerned for your safety, you can always request to be hospitalized. When it comes to ending your life, they would hospitalise you instead of giving you medications. All in all, they think that you are suicidal but aren't going to commit suicide anytime soon which is why they haven't done much yet. I hope things get better for you.

oooobeeeeii

oooobeeeeii

Tired
Mar 18, 2023
When you say you are suicidal, they check how suicidal you truly are. Like if you have a noose ready at home, you'd most probably be hospitalised. But if you simply feel suicidal and are not planning to take any action on your feelings, they would just tell you to get your mind off those thoughts. They probably analysed that you are suicidal but you don't plan to take action. Of course, if you are very concerned for your safety, you can always request to be hospitalized. When it comes to ending your life, they would hospitalise you instead of giving you medications. All in all, they think that you are suicidal but aren't going to commit suicide anytime soon which is why they haven't done much yet. I hope things get better for you.
Lmao that makes me wanna ctb even more đź’€ I mean ur right, but for me its more like- imma try and get better and if it doesnt get better by that time imma just do it, not failing, but do it by a carefully planned idea that is gonna do it. Im not gonna tell them imma do it tomorrow for example. When I decide thats it I aint gonna spend my time telling them, then its truly over.

• Hugs
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Lmao that makes me wanna ctb even more đź’€ I mean ur right, but for me its more like- imma try and get better and if it doesnt get better by that time imma just do it, not failing, but do it by a carefully planned idea that is gonna do it. Im not gonna tell them imma do it tomorrow for example. When I decide thats it I aint gonna spend my time telling them, then its truly over.
You've got to explain this to your psychiatrist. She is clinically experienced so she should probably be right. If they didn't take any steps than that means they don't think you are going to take action on it. I definitely suggest being voluntarily hospitalised since you seem concerned for your safety.

oooobeeeeii

oooobeeeeii

Tired
Mar 18, 2023
You've got to explain this to your psychiatrist. She is clinically experienced so she should probably be right. If they didn't take any steps than that means they don't think you are going to take action on it. I definitely suggest being voluntarily hospitalised since you seem concerned for your safety.
idk, if they dont rly think ill do it I dont care much to make them believe, ill much rather just do it. I want help but not to need to literally beg them to believe me. If they dont believe me then thats okay, ill just do it when the time is right.

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
it might also be that they don't have room for new patients rn. that's happened to friends of mine who were trying to admit themselves to the psych ward for their own safety. I drove them down there and they were turned down. It was really sad. I hope you're able to find some sort of support to help you <3

• Love