To which kind of suicidality are you closer to?

• Total voters
Blondi

Blondi

Iš Lietuvos
Feb 2, 2021
What I mean by " I want to end pain " option is you want to die only because of one or few major problems in your life otherwise you would want to live.
On the other hand "I want to die " option means you want to CTB because of the philosophical beliefs

• Love
Reactions: Ame, pthnrdnojvsc, Sensei and 7 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A bit of both, but if I had a good gf I can't see myself being suicidal, no. So going with the "end pain" opt.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WOODESITY, Ame, Sensei and 4 others
Ihavenofriends

Ihavenofriends

Feb 26, 2021
It's hard to explain. I want the pain of dying (because I know I deserve to suffer) but the relief of being dead. Killing myself is both a punishment and an end to the pain, if that makes sense? I guess my suicide is just a way of getting rid of the guilt, so I'll go with ending the pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Skathon, GarageKarate07 and 3 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
If not for the pain, I would only want to die out of curiosity, to see what's on the other side, but there is enough to wonder in this life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Ame, Superdeterminist and 5 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
It's hard to explain. I want the pain of dying (because I know I deserve to suffer) but the relief of being dead. Killing myself is both a punishment and an end to the pain, if that makes sense? I guess my suicide is just a way of getting rid of the guilt, so I'll go with ending the pain.
WELCOME to Sanctioned Suicide! It is fantastic having a new global family member! WE are a global family that loves, cares, has alot of empathy, kindness and support for each other. You are among friends here! Again, WELCOME and my wish for you is a sunny day with a cold drink in hand! Walter:heart::heart::hug::hug::happy::happy:

• Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, pthnrdnojvsc, popcorn and 7 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I don't like the way the world is changing, I think there is going to be a lot more pain and suffering after covid, and I don't see much of a future.

So why trudge on for no real reason just to exist for existings sake, when I can just go back to the void and not have to face the misery.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cornytomato, Passersby, Eurus and 10 others
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Why isn't there an option for both ? For me, it's personal, systemic status-quo and philosophical reasons.

• Love
Reactions: cornytomato, Ame, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
I just want to be dead. I am in agony, and it keeps persisting.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: booray, Dead Meat, BandAddict and 11 others
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i've never wanted to exist, does that mean i want to die? my existence is painful, i need that to end.
I don't like the way the world is changing, I think there is going to be a lot more pain and suffering after covid, and I don't see much of a future.

So why trudge on for no real reason just to exist for existings sake, when I can just go back to the void and not have to face the misery.
i don't enjoy life, why struggle through when the world i see is not one i want to be a part of

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cornytomato, Ame, demuic and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'd say both but I picked "I want to end the pain" because I'm really curious about death but in the end, I wanna leave this world because I find life exhausting.I don't have any phisical illness (except for my overweight) but my mind and bipolar disorder can be hell sometimes.

I just want no obligations, no family, no friends, nothing! Just eternal peace.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disco Biscuit, Ame, Callie Arcale and 2 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
I'd say both but I picked "I want to end the pain" because I'm really curious about death but in the end, I wanna leave this world because I find life exhausting.I don't have any phisical illness (except for my overweight) but my mind and bipolar disorder can be hell sometimes.

I just want no obligations, no family, no friends, nothing! Just eternal peace.
Hows the not drinking going?

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
I want to die. There are things I greatly dislike about society, and people in our society treat me like crap too, so the feeling's mutual haha

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, demuic, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I want to die. There are things I greatly dislike about society, and people in our society treat me like crap too, so the feeling's mutual haha
I am somewhat the same way that at times my buttons get pushed and to die is a answer then I think why should I go and let these jerks stay. I am turning 65 and society in general is treating me like double crap. I held the door open for a young lady and she looked at me and said, "you are old and I am young!" What the heck was that about. But also part of me wants to stay around and needle the heck out of people that give me so, so much crap. Walter

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, Ame, AE2021 and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Hows the not drinking going?

Hey, thanks for asking, pal.
Fortunately, I'm not drinking at all. It's been like a month since I touched an alcohol bottle. What's more, yesterday I was so depressed that I thought I would end up drinking and getting drunk AF but luckily I didn't lol.

Anyway, I hope you're doing great = )

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ame, LittleBabyNothing, Callie Arcale and 3 others
J

JamieD

Feb 28, 2021
It's hard to put into one category. I have lived my life with a cloud hanging over me. I was rejected at birth, rejected again later in life and no matter what I do, its a constant battle to prove myself, so you call it, end the pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fthis, Dead Meat, Ame and 3 others
articledon

articledon

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I would say both, I had a loving and supportive family who are all gone now and I'm the last one but I always felt I was not made for this so called life thing. I even told my mother before she passed that I would be joining her soon. She said but your sister, who was my best friend, would be so sad if you passed....well now my sister died unexpectedly a couple of days ago so...........

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: gtrfvr, Fthis, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
W

Wheredidmysanitygo

Love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage
Feb 4, 2021
Relief from pain mainly. Nothing philosophical. The present is agonizing because of the past and the future looks grim, so i'd rather just cease to be than face the consequences of my mistakes.
P.S. sveikas atvykes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Superdeterminist, Blondi and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I am not living life on my terms and refuse to accept the lower living conditions that were forced down my throat.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby, gtrfvr, disabledandhopeless and 8 others
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I want the pain caused by my mental and physical problems to stop. I don't really want to die. I think there is a lot of beauty in this world, but I cannot experience any of it because am in constant pain.

I wish I were healthy for just a day... just long enough to know what it feels like to not live in utter terror and despair. Alas, it will never happen. I have a sentence for life.

Only the end will set me free.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Ame, LittleBabyNothing and 1 other person
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I'm going with "i want to end pain".
Physical, emotional, psychological... however it was put there... the pain of living, of being on this earth, the pain of being the person i am... it all outweighs hating myself and simply wishing myself dead (though that is in there too).

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Ame, Callie Arcale and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I love life when it's good, when the pain isn't there or it's very minimal. Problem is, that's so rare.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, GenesAndEnvironment, Ame and 3 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
I wanna die. I despise this world, humanity and the way life are meant to be.
I wanted to have a guarantee that there is no life after death, so I would leave as soon as possible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fthis, pthnrdnojvsc, Ame and 3 others
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
If only my desires were that realistic... Neither, I mean. I would prefer to either never exist or die yet not cease existing (be undead).

• Hugs
Reactions: Fthis, articledon, Ame and 1 other person
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Of somebody could take my deformity away im not sure if it would make me wanna live again after it. Hard to explain but im really traumatised

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, BandAddict, Skathon and 3 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
There's no way to end pain on this earth. I'd like to die.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DivineMedicus, Fthis, Callie Arcale and 5 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I hate thousands of things about existing as a fragile, grazing, aging small animal and also i hate many things about this world "society" so i want to die . I 'm getting to like Death more and more as then i won't be threatened by pain, suffering ,grief, depression, diseases, dementia, old age , work, problems and many others. I want to die.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheSomebody, Callie Arcale, Skathon and 3 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
A lil of both. I'm really scared about dying old so I'm worried for the pain to come. I also feel like I don't belong here. I havn't been able to make a single good friend since the time I was born. I just feel like I can't connect with anyone. I'm also plagued by a number of mental illnesses. bpd,social anxiety, depression, and eating disorders.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Dead Meat, LittleBabyNothing and 2 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I don't want to die. All I want is total oblivion.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale, articledon and Dead Meat
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this question. I think it's both for me but I have more than a few problems that cause me more than enough pain and numbness that have made suicide an inevitability.

On the other hand I think the way life itself and human society is structured is a complete nightmare. You are expected to slave your life to simply exist and the only thing you are guaranteed is suffering. There is no guarantee of safety, comfort, health, happiness, etc. Humans beings are extremely selfish, cruel, delusional, ignorant, and place value on wealth, status, and looks rather than the things that should matter.

I could go on endlessly but the point is that reality is a twisted, unfair, and imperfect place that drives me closer to suicide but my personal circumstances are likely the main reason and I'd likely want to live if I were pain free.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Superdeterminist, Callie Arcale and 3 others
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Hey, thanks for asking, pal.
Fortunately, I'm not drinking at all. It's been like a month since I touched an alcohol bottle. What's more, yesterday I was so depressed that I thought I would end up drinking and getting drunk AF but luckily I didn't lol.

Anyway, I hope you're doing great = )
Glad you're doing well mate. Best wishes for you.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and WornOutLife